• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Soul Reaver to get Reboot?

JMFG_

Things and Stuff
Very interesting. I missed out on most of the older ones. I only played most of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. It was definitely a great game though. I hope they do it justice. I'd hate to see another great title fall victim to the merciless trend of reboots.

What happened to all the originality?!?!? :(

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I must admit, i'd love to see an SR remake just to see how the 'evolved' brethren would look in today's graphics (I found it pretty terrifying being chased by Melchiah). But reboot? It just seems a bit durastic for a series that saw a potential sequel in development 6+ years ago. Why not just carry on with the cancelled game?
A remake could easily be done, I'd like that, or maybe some other chapter in the history of vampire Raziel or Kain or whoever.... since the whole saga spans thousands of years and has so much storytelling potential. I am a fan of this series and I was disappointed when they just tossed the next potential game on the shelf when the ending was left still hanging (although every game is probably going to be like that now, rather than being 'tied up'. So they always have a reason to go back and make more games). But a reboot I don't think it needs because it's too complex as a story, I think, and for me the story was really the main reason I played those games. . . to go back to the start and re-imagine Kain and everything else seems an insurmountable task... once you play the games and realize how deep and convoluted and reliant on the various ancient cultures and legends and figureheads and prophecies the game has. The whole thing has a feeling of age and complexity to it that I think it would be hard to just wipe up and start again with - like they have with DmC.

But a remake or a new game with equally good writing? Yus please.

Azurel

lol Why do you have to go there? Oh well. New Dante already looked a lot like Raziel anyway, with his jet black hair and his dead appearance. Instead of a Wraith Blade coming out of his arm, Dante has a sword coming out of his back. But then again, Darksiders (both 1 & 2) are "borrowing" heavily from Soul Reaver. From the design of the zelda-like world to the design of Raziel (Death). Even Cole MacGrath became a vampire at one point, (even though that's "technically" fanfiction (Zeke made it up to pick up a girl), it still counts because it was made.)

I'm pretty sure Soul Reaver is responsible for every current adventure gaming trend happening at this point.

Top Bottom