• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Soul Hackers 2

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
SH2_BoxArt.png

"Soul Hackers 2" is an upcoming role-playing video game developed and published by Atlus. It is the sequel to "Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers" (1997) and the fifth instalment of the Devil Summoner series, itself a part of the larger "Megami Tensei" franchise. The game is produced by "Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey" director Eiji Ishida.

Soul Hackers 2 takes place in the 21st Century and is set during a war between the Yatagarasu and the Phantom Society, two opposing factions of Devil Summoners. The story follows two supernatural "Aion" beings named Ringo and Figue, who descend into the human world from their birthplace in the data stream of information, in order to avert a cataclysmic event that they predict will doom humanity.

The main characters are as follows:
  • Ringo: One of Aion's agents. Newborn being that has a strong curiosity about society, culture and human emotions.
  • Figue: One of Aion's agents, born simultaneously with Ringo. She is cool, composed and thoughtful. She does not participate directly in battle, but is responsible for analysis and support.
  • Arrow: A Devil Summoner belonging to Yatagarasu. One of the "protected objects" detected by Aion. A young man who is usually quiet, straightforward and calm.
  • Milady: A Devil Summoner belonging to the Phantom Society. Generally irrational, influenced by past experiences.
  • Saizo: A free Devil Summoner. A romantic and a man capable of reading the air. He often butts into and settles Arrow and Milady's fights.

Soul Hackers 2 is a turn-based RPG that features a battle system titled "Sabbath", a variation on the Press Turn system featured in the mainline Shin Megami Tensei games. Battles involve a party of four characters and the element affinities present in other Megami Tensei titles. Characters take turns using a combination of physical attacks and magic Skills that summon demons to perform elemental attacks. Should the player manage to successfully exploit an enemy or enemy group's weakness to a particular Skill, they are able to perform a Skill known as "Demon Sabbath", which targets every weakened enemy in battle and deals immense damage involving every active party member. It is conceptually similar to the "All-Out Attack" Skill that appears prominently in the Persona series. Outside of battles, the player controls the main protagonist, Ringo, allowing her to freely roam around the main city setting and visit various landmarks such as shops to purchase and equip new clothing, armour, items and various weapons that can be used in battle. Additionally, the player can also elect to spend time with other party members outside of combat, strengthening their bonds and enabling specific abilities that can thereby be used between party members in combat.

The announcement trailer:

So yeah, not only the first true Female Protagonist of an SMT game but also fully voiced with her own distinct personality to boot. I'm certainly hyped, how about you guys?

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
this could be again one of games im getting hyped and well also its coming on this year too

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I don’t think I played Soul Hackers before. But I’m definitely gonna look into this cause I’m hella interested! I actually have a list of SMT games to play/replay lol (currently playing the Noctune remaster)

Top Bottom