• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SOPA/PIPA

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
They also hacked the UK's MoD.
Ironic that the US and the UK are trying to stop these people...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
If they want to stop them, they should bring down the internet. Which of course will create millions of problems in return. So what they can do is "supposedly" only search. Though I can never understand the methods/means of their "searching".

The UK's MoD was also hacked recently or is this old news? Because these guys have quite a history.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Apparently in the past few days they hacked a phone call between the UK and US officials (where there was a bit of insulting towards Sheffield and intelligence stuff being talked about.)

Deadlegend

I’m going to hell y’all want anything?
Goodness me, my blood boiled when I heard about this SOPA/PIPA crap.
There is no way that this bill would be passed, I mean, how are we gonna do beneficial research? Socializing with friends?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I just think it's funny the way the big corporations think they can 'stamp out' piracy with stuff like this. It's like saying you are going to 'stamp out shoplifting' for ever by putting up a threatening sign or something. There is always going to be some piracy, and a little bit of stealing, it's just the way the world is, but the vast majority of people buy products legit, and they want to, because they know they're getting a better quality product, and on the whole, it's easier to click a mouse on Amazon or wherever and have the thing in your hand in a few days.

It's as if the credit crunch has had a bunch of massive entertainment companies start looking for tangible reasons why their profits fell and they're pointing their greasy mitts at piracy as though it's the main cause. Maybe it's because people just have less money to spend lately? Or maybe because music and entertainment is pretty high-priced by retailers now in relation to everyone's spending power in some countries? Companies like Sony like to project what they 'expect' to make in a particular year and if they don't - like this year - they call it a loss, as though it was a given they were going to earn X billion dollars out of the world's population. They are the types pushing for this kind of 'protection' of their IP, as though piracy really puts a huge dent in their empire. I doubt it does. It obviously hurts them a little, but they aren't in any danger. The bigger companies get, the greedier they get too, it seems... and the less they care about the people who put them where they are now.

Top Bottom