• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sony Say No Price Cut Or 80Gb PS3 For Europe

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sony have recently announced at E3 that Europe and Australia wont be getting a price cut or the 80GB model PS3. Instead they have offered them a 'Starter Pack' which contains a 60GB PS3, two controllers, and two games Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm. The 'Starter Pack' will be released on July 18th. I think thats a poor offering to us for us not to be getting the bigger model PS3 OR the price cut.

Read articles here:

E3 07: No PS3 price cut or 80GB PS3 for PAL territories - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot

E3: Sony announces PS3 Starter Pack for Europe - CVG.com

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yes that's what I thought. PSE sales are going well so no need to cut the price. Tough luck for us. I really hope there's a cut until x-mass though. It's becoming more and more doubtful.
The new version is some good sort of apology. But then again I don't know what's so good about the PS3 having a Hard Disk. Memory Cards still are necessary.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The price differences are crazy, not only do we have to settle for the 'lesser' model but we have it at nearly double the price...

US: Price Cut To $499

Canada: Price Cut To $549

UK: Current Price £425 (599 euros or approx $850)

Australia: Current Price A$999

Arwen

Lost Soul
The hard drive isn't very good with PS1 game saves at least I can't get any of my PS1 games to save to the hard drive. You should be able to get a higher memory disk for the system. I think the upgrade is higher then the 80GB PS3 system but it was a while since I read about the PS3 being upgraded by someone.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;44651 said:
The hard drive isn't very good with PS1 game saves at least I can't get any of my PS1 games to save to the hard drive. You should be able to get a higher memory disk for the system. I think the upgrade is higher then the 80GB PS3 system but it was a while since I read about the PS3 being upgraded by someone.

They have also recently said (after saying Europe and Australia wont get 80Gb Model) that they are going to drop the 60Gb model in US. So they dropped the 20Gb model then they dropped the price and now they are dropping the 60Gb model so people have no choice but to buy the most expensive one...

What was the point in the price cut then...? :\

Arwen

Lost Soul
Maybe they think that if they had a deadline for when the 60gb and 20gb will be sold at a cut down price more will buy. I don't think it'll work out like that. There turning people off the PS system so most are know buying the 360 as it's still cheaper. Only reason I haven't is because I have PS3 already though I haven't used it as a game system as yet. I still prefer the PS2.

Top Bottom