• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sony Apologizes For Use Of Church In Resistance

The dark knight

WHAT THE *censored*!!!!THEY BETTER NOT LET THAT HAPPEN!It should be allowed that adults CAN buy violent games for kids my age!!!!That is unfair!!!!I will not tolerate it.Maybe one of my parents can buy the game for themselves and let me play it.*hint hint nudge nudge wink wink*

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;43684 said:
WHAT THE *censored*!!!!THEY BETTER NOT LET THAT HAPPEN!It should be allowed that adults CAN buy violent games for kids my age!!!!That is unfair!!!!I will not tolerate it.Maybe one of my parents can buy the game for themselves and let me play it.*hint hint nudge nudge wink wink*

Like i said i think kids should definitely not be able to buy 18 rated games etc in shops (against law anyway) and that if their parents buy it for them and they do something violent because of it then the parents and kid should face the full punishment from the law and not the games company. Less hassle for games companies to tone down violence in games and also less law suits. Parents would be more careful about what they buy their kids if this was the case and they couldnt get out of it buy blaming the game.

The dark knight

I dont buy them....my parents do.They look at the game first.And my parents dont let me play GTA so they are good parents.Though they let me play Metal Gear.I like Metal Gear.MGS3 is my favorite.But Resistance was awesome!!!\m/ ^_^ \m/ Manchester was my favorite level.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;43686 said:
I dont buy them....my parents do.They look at the game first.And my parents dont let me play GTA so they are good parents.Though they let me play Metal Gear.I like Metal Gear.MGS3 is my favorite.But Resistance was awesome!!!\m/ ^_^ \m/ Manchester was my favorite level.

Thats how it should be, but some parents are buying their kids games without even knowing what they are and when the kid gets ideas from it and hurts someone they say its all the games fault. Then they say games like that should never even be made in the first place. You wouldnt let your 6 year old kid watch Hostel so why should you let them play an 18 rated game. Should all be down to parents and kids and they should be held accountable, not make games designers tone down games that 98% people have no problems playing at all. I dont want games violence to have to be toned down before they are allowed to release it (like Manhunt 2) violence in games fits just as well as violence in movies. Not all of us want all games to be turned into Barney in happyland :dry:

Dark Drakan

Admin
The dark knight;43689 said:
If they do....we will be forced to buy violent games illegaly right!?

Well they will simply not make them because if they are banned then sales will be cut by 98% except people who get them that way. So production costs of the games would be to high for it to be worth making them. So all over the top game violence would be removed so they could be released. Manhunt 2 receiving an Adults Only rating in America was enough for Rockstar to cancel its release so they could mod the game and remove some content. Most stores wont touch AO rated games in America and Sony and Nintendo refused to release it with that rating on their consoles.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That aside - what in the world was the CofE church thinking in wanting an apology?? Crazy crazy people - find something that actually matters to go nuts about, not the use of some cathedral look-a-like...I liked the comment about God asking for the game to be removed - made me chuckle :D

And to make further demands is just blatant naked profiteering...I just read another article whereby Sony have agree to meet up in Manchester with the complaining fruit-loops involved and try to avoid getting sued...the CofE said they are against violence and guns and how a cathedral has been depicted concerning these things within the game - yet churches have been used for scenes of violence for as long as TV has been around and no one has sued anyone over it yet, have they?

Does it even matter? Are there not more important things in the world going on that the CofE could turn their attention to?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Just sounds like an issue that has been completely blown out of proportion, in my opinion.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
The dark knight;43598 said:
I dont agree with it but dont call us religious nutcases.t is like me calling you an athiest nutcase.

No, I'm talking about the virile fanatics who refuse to take anything lightly and to point the finger for the tiniest thing. That's what I don't approve of. I approve of religion of course. Not because I'm religious (I'm not). I believe it's important for people to have a belief before the inevitable happens.
Do we have an understanding?

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dark Drakan;43586 said:
Seems Sony have backed down in the argument over the use of Manchester Cathedral in its best selling game, Resistance Fall Of Man after the church threatened them with legal action for not asking permission to use it. I personally think the whole thing is stupid and Sony shouldnt have had to apologize for making a Cathedral that merely looks like Manchesters and having a gunfight in it. I think the church were petty over the whole thing and it was just a stupid argument from the start.

Read whole thread here:

Sony says sorry - CVG.com

Wow! That is beyond petty. That would be like Rumiko Takahashi trying to sue capcom because Dante is a half demon with silver hair and is a demon slayer.

For those of you who don't know who Rumiko Takahashi is, she is the creator of Inuyasha, who happens to be a silver haired half demon that slays demons.

Top Bottom