• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sony admit PSN data was stolen

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've read today that alot have cancelled credit cards AND PSN accounts.
Its abysmal PR for a company as big and important as Sony.

EDIT: Oh dear, it looks like Sony Maybe at the wrath of Anne Robinson on BBC's Watchdog programme :)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Seems like whoever this was and whatever their intentions were regardless they have done Anonymus' job for them and inflicted the damage they were intending to create without the added handicap of strictly claiming to stay within the boundries of good intentions.
Whether it is people who have lost trust in Sony's security in the future or people who are just downright angry at them for letting it happen and waiting so long to announce it, Playstations reputation has been dealt a severe blow of which im sure it will take people a long time to forget, this is something that will definitely be hanging over their heads for a long time and I am sure they will feel the effects of it in the long run. They stand to lose not only a serious ammount of money from existing customers from this but maybe even the prospect of new customers.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
We've just got an email from Sony basically saying what has already been said and advising we change our password on other sites if it's the same as the PSN one. I guess this was overdue for me anyway because I had the same password for a lot of things. Not anymore! :confused:

Also out of interest I searched my inbox for mail from PSN and I thought this paragraph at the beginning of my 'joining PSN' email ironinc -

"Thank you for signing up for a PlayStation(R)Network account.

You will find a copy of your registration details below and a link to the terms which apply to your registration. Please print these off and keep in a safe place for future reference."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Registration details (please keep safe)>

:( I did keep them safe!!!!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I hate to say it but, you managed to do what Sony didn't.
70 million accounts have been hacked right? i don't understand what anyone would want with all of that info.

Top Bottom