• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

sometime games defies "Gamer Logic"

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
was reading this article today this article on kotaku. author says "we've been trained by years of gameplay to expect that time wait for this guy (the game protagonist)" and "the world revolves around us".

like "Alduin going to destroy this world" but nothing will happen in 2 years (in game) if the Dragonborn doesn't progress.

but sometime some game break those logic. and those experience can be sometime so awesome.

so what was the time you experienced this kinda situation?

for me. nothing really popping up in my head now. but when i was playing dark souls and couldn't figure out where to go. i was feeling the game is telling me "sorry bro, we don't have markers in the map to tell you where you have to go, Good luck."

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I don't really understand the idea behind this "gamer logic".

Therefore you'll have to explain it to me in more detail.

aoshi

It has happened many a times to me. For ex: In RE 5, When meeting the butcher and collecting weapons,the screen does not prompt us as to which button. So after randomly pressing buttons, i was able to take them into my inventory.

Similarly, At the end of ninja gaiden 3 razor's edge, ending of last boss fight didn't give any clue as to what to do to complete the boss fight.

RE 5 ending, The final QTE. I never expected that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't really understand the idea behind this "gamer logic".

Therefore you'll have to explain it to me in more detail.

Basically things like this. Imagine the game is all "Holy **** the world will end soon!" But you can go and do whatever you like.

Now imagine that you CAN'T go and do whatever you want. Gamer logic no longer applies and the apocalypse happens.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Best (and worst) example is Lightning Returns. It doesnt wait for you and if you screwed thats it. BUT at the same time it sucks out of fun of exploration and makes game mandatory fetch quest on timer.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Best (and worst) example is Lightning Returns. It doesnt wait for you and if you screwed thats it. BUT at the same time it sucks out of fun of exploration and makes game mandatory fetch quest on timer.

what do you mean the game doesn't wait for you? the game is coming by end of year to pc, better know something about it..

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
whole game is on timer. From start to finish. if you wont gather enough crystals by the end, game gonna end and you gonna restart all from the start.

oh man, is the game kinda like majora's mask? i really play can't play games like this.. and when we restart, do we have to gather already found crystals allover again?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
oh man, is the game kinda like majora's mask? i really play can't play games like this.. and when we restart, do we have to gather already found crystals allover again?
yes pretty much. BUT all of it quests are fetch quests and you can only level up by doing them. There is basically 5 short plot sequences and final battle. Which kinda made me wish FFXIII ended whith first game.

Top Bottom