• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Something Distur-Urgent about Capcom

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
This is worrying. I hope that Capcom will make better games for change if this restructuring of organisation gonna happen.

Rep+, Devil Bane. ^_^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Vergil'sB*tch;279242 said:
is it just me or do capcom make things worse for themselves

Probably, yes. It is hard to see whether Capcom can make better games or not when they change their company's structure.

Hopefully, things will get better.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
This could also mean they're attempting to get rid of people due to loss of money. Having more "Versatile" employees means you need less because they can each do the job, with less employees, the company makes more money.

I sure hope it's not that.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Ember To Inferno;279255 said:
This could also mean they're attempting to get rid of people due to loss of money. Having more "Versatile" employees means you need less because they can each do the job, with less employees, the company makes more money.

I also hope that they are not planning to remake the team...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ember To Inferno;279255 said:

Also means you have a tighter team who can communicate ideas better and can personally talk to each other to get (for example) physics and graphics working in unison with each other easier so less glitches. Most companies do it for that reason as their teams are simply to big.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
^True, it can go either way if you look at it. Although due to japan's recession along with my countries', I sadly see the probability shifting towards my post T.T

Dante'sgirl;279257 said:
I also hope that they are not planning to remake the team...

Nah, they'll probably keep the old team in, or at least the ones that were the main man behind each building process of the game. But then again, with wanting new versatile employees, you could very well be right.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;279258 said:
Also means you have a tighter team who can communicate ideas better and can personally talk to each other to get (for example) physics and graphics working in unison with each other easier so less glitches. Most companies do it for that reason as their teams are simply to big.

Like Ninja Theory? I heard that company had around only 20 employees during 2004 or 2005.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Chaos Master;279261 said:
Like Ninja Theory? I heard that company had around only 20 employees during 2004 or 2005.

Yes, they may not be a very big company, but like Dark said, they have better communication than a larger company.

I believe Remedy, the company that made "Alan Wake", is the same way.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Ember To Inferno;279262 said:
Yes, they may not be a very big company, but like Dark said, they have better communication than a larger company.

I believe Remedy, the company that made "Alan Wake", is the same way.

What!! they are not a large company like Capcom and despite this DMC project was handed to them...that was risky man!! But i appreciate the fact that they have better communication...thats a plus point for Ninja Theory.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Have to agree on that...Falcom,Banpresto,Cavia[was]...hell even Marvelous is a bit small.

What worries me is that it will be according to Inafune's crazy tastes now...and not the good old crazy tastes he had...but the new bad ones.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Dante'sgirl;279266 said:
What!! they are not a large company like Capcom and despite this DMC project was handed to them...that was risky man!! But i appreciate the fact that they have better communication...thats a plus point for Ninja Theory.

True, true, I meant no offense to Capcom anyways. I was just supporting what Dark said above lol.

Devil Bane;279268 said:
Have to agree on that...Falcom,Banpresto,Cavia[was]...hell even Marvelous is a bit small.

What worries me is that it will be according to Inafune's crazy tastes now...and not the good old crazy tastes he had...but the new bad ones.

Even though Banpresto was small, their games = Win. Communication is a very important component in making a game.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
You've got to wonder why 'famously' creative and inventive people seem to leave CAPCOM behind to do their own projects... Hideki Kamiya, Shinji Mikami, Masami Ueda...

Top Bottom