• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some Tech Questions

.dante

Well
There's something on my PC that really ****es me off
It's something called 'over-lock', w/e
Every time I kinda, do an "over-use" of my graphics card performance, my PC suddenly restarts, cuz it somehow overheats
I don't freakin know why that happens, but that was the explanation some tech. friends gave me, and I don't really understand, cuz they don't really know much about it, and my computer is the only one I know that has this "mechanism"
if possible, I really want some help from you guys
I really wanna play dmc4 on the PC, since i just have a PS2, and I'm just getting a 3 next year (bad grades)

BTW, my graphics/video card is a GeForce 6400 GPU

Thanks in Advance ),;

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I believe you're refering to Over-Clocking.

Well, I don't think you've really got much choice than to reset it to Stock Clocks, your card is basically overheating because it can't physically take the strain of the increased performance, so, I'm afraid you've either got to get a new graphics card or you're going to have to wait for that PS3.

If your card can't play DMC 4 when it's Over-Clocked and it overheats quickly, causing your PC to restart, then you really have no other option than to reset the card to it's stock settings and buy a new card or wait to get your PS3.

Alternatively, you could try downloading updated drivers for your card, but don't ask me where from.

Janny

Dines with dementia
The same thing happened to my sister's PC, but all she did was dust off the inside of the computer. I guess that the dust acted as an extra layer and added to the already heated graphic card.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
as janny said the more stuff slopping the heat release, the worse it gets, and also your GPU wont take DMC4 well at all, i have a 7050, a newer one that you have and it struggles with UT3, which is of the same quality GFX, so if you really want to play DMC4 on the PC(y do u wana play it on the PC, PC's are rubbish for game like this) then you do need a newer PC, i built mine up myself and it cost me something stupid like £200, that was for a huge HDD and also buyin a new GPU, now its an 8800 and its fine, and believe me, its so much cheaper to build it yourself lol, gl

.dante

thanks people
I know my pc is a little bit old
I'm getting them next year cuz I'm to the USA, cuz in Brazil things are really expensive
A PS3 here costs about R$1800 (reais), what would be US$1125 (dollars), and a new PC would be almost the same, thats sad
So now i'll have to wait for the pc, and the ps3

Top Bottom