• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some reasons why I dislike DMC3/DMC4

IncarnatedDemon

Actually it is relevant since its after DMC1 and explain why things are the way they're in DMC4 (which is after DMC1) by that logic anything that can after DMC1 is irrelevant.
My point is that...DMC 2 did not feel like a sequal to DMC 1.
And then Jak started talking about how DMC A is the sequal to it.

But how can that be relevant to my point when it was released 4 years after DMC 2?
And shouldnt the DMC A have happened sooner than 2003 in that case?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
it was supposed to be a reboot but after fans DmC'd it capcom slapped a "3" on dat ass and said it was a prequel
bumper+got+proof+good.PNG

Because to be DmC it had to ultimately change Dante's backstory and origins and his origins in DMC3 was basically the same as DMC1.

Not just his backstory but his heritage and even looks like DmC.

I don't know much about DMC3's PR but it wasn't as bad or like DmC.

Also DMC3 was announced with the title Devil May Cry 3 and it was the first time fans heard wind of it so how could of fan reaction make them change it to a DMC3 if the fan reaction couldn't have been made before it was announced and when it was announced it was announced DMC3.

So if it is a reboot, it was already numbered.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
My point is that...DMC 2 did not feel like a sequal to DMC 1.
And then Jak started talking about how DMC A is the sequal to it.

But how can that be relevant to my point when it was released 4 years after DMC 2?
And shouldnt the DMC A have happened sooner than 2003 in that case?

So if something isn't released within a certain time frame it is not qualified as sequel.

So if a movie comes out and bam a movie with the same title comes out but with an extra 2 or 3 or a sub heading or a TV show in like 4-5 years it is not a sequel and is thus irrelevant/non-canon.

Going by that logic DMC4 is not relevant since its a sequel to DMC2 but a prequel to DMC2.

So DMC3 to be relevant must've came before 2001 then.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
A reboot in concept but not totally in execution.

Reboots comes in a lot of forms and sometimes a reboot can even be canon.

DMC3 was an origins story while DmC is basically a re-writing of the origin story.

I think the Tomb Raider reboot could be canon to the old games since it take place very far before any of them and explains how Lara becomes who she is in the early game (the fierce treasure hunter and survivalist).

Or better example, the DMC3 reboot is more comparable to the Castlevania reboot Lord of Shadow since it could be part of the timeline since nothing is drastically changes.

DMC3 was like a fresh start but was still canon to the series. DmC is not canon and takes place in an alternate universe.

This isn't a different take on Dante this is a different Dante (each Dante from DMC1-4 were arguably different takes on him but they were the same Dante).
The new Tomb Raider is a reboot because that's not Lara's past. Lara has an origin story already. She was in a plane crash and it stranded her in the Himalaya's for 2 weeks. After that surviving that experience she decided to take adventures around the world. She dabbled in all kinds of stuff such as being a mercenary to even a thief. She wasn't some workaholic who Square-Enix could use as a punching bag for gratuitous violence directed towards Lara and call it "a character arc."

And that description of DMC 3 makes no sense. It isn't a reboot but a prequel to the series and they just decided from some f#cking reason to not remember what happened before. Like they didn't play the first game or something. I blame the new people that came on board and I'm pretty sure this stuff is regarded as a f#ck up on their part and they know that.

I don't know why you're trying to defend DMC 3 in this regard. At one time I saw you actually trying to explain (and failing) how DMC 3 doesn't contradict the canon. And I guess you finally realized that you were never gonna win that argument so you're retracting it saying now suddenly DMC 3 is basically intentionally contradicting the original canon because it was a reboot that is also still canon to the original series? ......what?

What's with you dude? They just f#cked up. Simple as that and now I'm guessing totally stumped with how they are going to fix it. For people who give DmC sh!t for being a little different (which is the entire f#cking intention behind that game) I never see you guys calling out DMC 3 for that sh!t like the OP and the rest of us who know this are. You shrug it off and just start trying to bring up the DMC vs DmC crap again.

I'm guessing 3 or 4 was your first Devil May Cry. Well, when I've played this game from the VERY beginning and like it for the spirit it displayed the first time around don't you see why the direction it took with 3 and 4 bugs us?

Sure I can acknowledge 3 is a great game to play but, there's a reason why the first one is still the best of them all in my opinion. Maybe it's just nostalgic heartstrings. As far as I'm concerned this is true Dante.
dante-dmc01.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

So if something isn't released within a certain time frame it is not qualified as sequel.

So if a movie comes out and bam a movie with the same title comes out but with an extra 2 or 3 or a sub heading or a TV show in like 4-5 years it is not a sequel and is thus irrelevant/non-canon.

Going by that logic DMC4 is not relevant since its a sequel to DMC2 but a prequel to DMC2.

So DMC3 to be relevant must've came before 2001 then.
Your misunderstanding me.

At the time after DMC 1, people expected DMC 2 to be a continueation of DMC 1 with Trish and Dante. So continuing things from DMC 1 ending.
But the story of DMC 2 does not feel like a sequel. It is a random story mixed with Dante and more about the legend of Sparda. And Trish was nowhere to be seen.
And there was no DMCA. So again DMC2 did not feel like a sequel.

I am not saying DMCA is not relevant if you look at it for more info, but i am simply saying when there was no DMCA before release of DMC 2, and you expected DMC2 to be a sequel that was consistent with DMC1, things did not make sense.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Your misunderstanding me.

At the time after DMC 1, people expected DMC 2 to be a continueation of DMC 1 with Trish and Dante. So continuing things from DMC 1 ending.
But the story of DMC 2 does not feel like a sequel. It is a random story mixed with Dante and more about the legend of Sparda. And Trish was nowhere to be seen.
And there was no DMCA. So again DMC2 did not feel like a sequel.

I am not saying DMCA is not relevant if you look at it for more info, but i am simply saying when there was no DMCA before release of DMC 2, and you expected DMC2 to be a sequel that was consistent with DMC1, things did not make sense.
EVERYTHING DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE! ALL THE SEQUELS WERE JUST FREAKING RANDOM.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Actually to be fair, I can at least roll with DMC 2 because it doesn't screw anything up and just takes place so far in to the future that you can imagine juat maybe some sh!t went down and caused things to get the way they are. There's nothing to tell you you're right or wrong.

DMC 3 the writer was like, "Was there some kind continuity here? Whoops. I already wrote it. Send it to Capcom I'm tired from watching all that Inuyasha last night."

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The new Tomb Raider is a reboot because that's not Lara's past. Lara has an origin story already. She was in a plane crash and it stranded her in the Himalaya's for 2 weeks. After that surviving that experience she decided to take adventures around the world. She dabbled in all kinds of stuff such as being a mercenary to even a thief. She wasn't some workaholic who Square-Enix could use as a punching bag for gratuitous violence directed towards Lara and call it "a character arc."

And that description of DMC 3 makes no sense. It isn't a reboot but a prequel to the series and they just decided from some f#cking reason to not remember what happened before. Like they didn't play the first game or something. I blame the new people that came on board and I'm pretty sure this stuff is regarded as a f#ck up on their part and they know that.

I don't know why you're trying to defend DMC 3 in this regard. At one time I saw you actually trying to explain (and failing) how DMC 3 doesn't contradict the canon. And I guess you finally realized that you were never gonna win that argument so you're retracting it saying now suddenly DMC 3 is basically intentionally contradicting the original canon because it was a reboot that is also still canon to the original series? ......what?

What's with you dude? They just f#cked up. Simple as that and now I'm guessing totally stumped with how they are going to fix it. For people who give DmC sh!t for being a little different (which is the entire f#cking intention behind that game) I never see you guys calling out DMC 3 for that sh!t like the OP and the rest of us who know this are. You shrug it off and just start trying to bring up the DMC vs DmC crap again.

I'm guessing 3 or 4 was your first Devil May Cry. Well, when I've played this game from the VERY beginning and like it for the spirit it displayed the first time around don't you see why the direction it took with 3 and 4 bugs us.

Sure I can acknowledge 3 is a great game to play but, there's a reason why the first one is still the best of them all in my opinion. Maybe it's just nostalgic heartstrings. As far as I'm concerned this is true Dante.
dante-dmc01.jpg

I never said DMC3 contradicted DMC1 and I even said reboots can be canon which rests my point. I mainly said DMC3 was a reboot in concept not actuality.

Actually DMC4 was my first DMC game but I never finished it since the disk broke so it never left a lasting expression on me (I liked it and would wanted to finish it) and like 3 years later I picked up the HD collection as well as DMC4 and played them all in chronological order DMC3-1-4-2 at the same time so like them all equally (although there are some that I enjoy more).

My favorite Dante was DMC2 Dante (and I played DMC2 last)....would like him more if he said Jackpot when he finished off Argosax.

I guess unlike you I'm not clouded by nostalgia so I can make a more unbiased judgement on each game. Unlike a lot of DMC fans who hate DmC I'm not clouded by nostalgia. So I can access DmC fairly and came to my own conclusion its a reboot and entry not worth my time or money (well I did put time into it to get into that conclusion).

Personally I like 2 the most although not afraid to admit that the others were better but it had so much ideas that I liked that other others didn't try (such as the challenge rooms were so damn fun and the game was actually hard if you looked for it) and it was the most risky attempt of the series.

DMC3 and DMC1 were my favs due to my experience playing them with DMC4 being the one I enjoy playing the most. Although I had more fun with DMC1 and DMC3 I put more hours into DMC4...it was due to it having the more free combat system.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
bumper+got+proof+good.PNG

Because to be DmC it had to ultimately change Dante's backstory and origins and his origins in DMC3 was basically the same as DMC1.

Not just his backstory but his heritage and even looks like DmC.

I don't know much about DMC3's PR but it wasn't as bad or like DmC.

Also DMC3 was announced with the title Devil May Cry 3 and it was the first time fans heard wind of it so how could of fan reaction make them change it to a DMC3 if the fan reaction couldn't have been made before it was announced and when it was announced it was announced DMC3.

So if it is a reboot, it was already numbered.

the lightning ain't striking twice Nero. can't find the article. but i have had links to it sent to me. and i wasn't referring to dante's personal back story (yet i still am in a strange way). i was referring to the tone of the franchise. like superman returns is a slight reboot of the series, yet its still a part of the donner universe. when i find it though, i'll let you know

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I never said DMC3 contradicted DMC1 and I even said reboots can be canon which rests my point. I mainly said DMC3 was a reboot in concept not actuality.

Actually DMC4 was my first DMC game but I never finished it since the disk broke so it never left a lasting expression on me (I liked it and would wanted to finish it) and like 3 years later I picked up the HD collection as well as DMC4 and played them all in chronological order DMC3-1-4-2 at the same time so like them all equally (although there are some that I enjoy more).

My favorite Dante was DMC2 Dante (and I played DMC2 last)....would like him more if he said Jackpot when he finished off Argosax.

I guess unlike you I'm not clouded by nostalgia so I can make a more unbiased judgement on each game. Unlike a lot of DMC fans who hate DmC I'm not clouded by nostalgia. So I can access DmC fairly and came to my own conclusion its a reboot and entry not worth my time or money (well I did put time into it to get into that conclusion).

Personally I like 2 the most although not afraid to admit that the others were better but it had so much ideas that I liked that other others didn't try (such as the challenge rooms were so damn fun and the game was actually hard if you looked for it) and it was the most risky attempt of the series.

DMC3 and DMC1 were my favs due to my experience playing them with DMC4 being the one I enjoy playing the most. Although I had more fun with DMC1 and DMC3 I put more hours into DMC4...it was due to it having the more free combat system.
To me you're just saying roll with it. You still have not proven anything and it stands, DMC 3 f#cked up. End of story.

And for someone so clouded by nostalgia and is evidently biased I should hate DmC as much as you. It baffles me how f#cking 4 is considered worthy of money in your eyes. But, I'm not getting involved in this sh!t again. Whatevs bro.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
the lightning ain't striking twice Nero. can't find the article. but i have had links to it sent to me. and i wasn't referring to dante's personal back story (yet i still am in a strange way). i was referring to the tone of the franchise. like superman returns is a slight reboot of the series, yet its still a part of the donner universe. when i find it though, i'll let you know

Well that is my point even if DMC3 was a reboot in tone (WHICH WAS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS) it was still meant to be DMC3, a prequel set before DMC and DMC2, and canon.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Well that is my point even if DMC3 was a reboot in tone (WHICH WAS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS) it was still meant to be DMC3, a prequel set before DMC and DMC2, and canon.

however (like superman) it seems to "forget" certain elements that are somewhat crucial to the original story.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
To me you're just saying roll with it. You still have not proven anything and it stands, DMC 3 f#cked up. End of story.

And for someone so clouded by nostalgia and is evidently biased I should hate DmC as much as you. It baffles me how f#cking 4 is considered worthy of money in your eyes. But, I'm not getting involved in this sh!t again. Whatevs bro.

images

I got DMC4 at $20 and at launch DMC4 was $40 but the collectors edition with the official artbook and full season of the anime was $60.

Well your nostalgia already hated DMC3 and DMC4 for being canon to DMC1. You were out of tune with DMC after DMC1 (or DMC2) so a reboot wouldn't bother you especially since its own universe so you bear no reason have a grudge against DmC since you have no hope for the franchise and feels DmC can be the start of something new since your discontent with how DMC is now.

However, your nostalgic heartstrings still have you prefer DMC1 over DmC.

Beside you and I are two different types of DMC fans. You only like DMC1. I like all of DMC (even 2).

I mean if DMC3 was set in another universe or timeline on some Zelda sh*t would you hate it as much?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
images

I got DMC4 at $20 and at launch DMC4 was $40 but the collectors edition with the official artbook and full season of the anime was $60.

Well your nostalgia already hated DMC3 and DMC4 for being canon to DMC1. You were out of tune with DMC after DMC1 (or DMC2) so a reboot wouldn't bother you especially since its own universe so you bear no reason have a grudge against DmC since you have no hope for the franchise and feels DmC can be the start of something new since your discontent with how DMC is now.

However, your nostalgic heartstrings still have you prefer DMC1 over DmC.

Beside you and I are two different types of DMC fans. You only like DMC1. I like all of DMC (even 2).

I mean if DMC3 was set in another universe or timeline on some Zelda sh*t would you hate it as much?
The Zelda timeline doesn't make any sense. Trust me, I've thought about it all night before.

And no, I don't just like DMC 1. I like DMC 1, 3, and DmC. 4 being the worst in the series and 2 just being the disappointment it is. I've still played and beaten every single game in this series so.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
however (like superman) it seems to "forget" certain elements that are somewhat crucial to the original story.

Well DMC3 didn't forget any crucial elements since in the DMC3 manga which was made by a member of the DMC3 writing team as well as DMC1 writing team (Noboru Sugimori) addressed Trish stating Vergil was killed 20 years by retconning the fact by stating that demons thought Vergil died 20 years ago and it was general knowlegde among demons he was dead but he was alive but incognito and Trish even stated the fact that Vergil was killed 20 years ago as general knowledge such as how Dante was the son of Sparda...general knowledge that was going around the demons.

Any other details that they missed.

Anything that isn't addressed in the game is addressed in the manga which is part of DMC3's story just like the Vergil Chronocles comics is part of the DmC story.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The Zelda timeline doesn't make any sense. Trust me, I've thought about it all night before.

And no, I don't just like DMC 1. I like DMC 1, 3, and DmC. 4 being the worst in the series and 2 just being the disappointment it is. I've still played and beaten every single game in this series so.

I thought you were done?

Well regardless.......I was mainly talking about the original DMC before the reboot.

I mean you liked DMC3 gameplay wise but must hated it story wise and everything else..........no?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I thought you were done?

Well regardless.......I was mainly talking about the original DMC before the reboot.

I mean you liked DMC3 gameplay wise but must hated it story wise and everything else..........no?
Inuyasha May Cry was a stupid idea. Vergil is lame as f#ck and couldn't be more generic. The cheesy dark action movie was a little more fun that the generic bishounen anime crap.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Inuyasha May Cry was a stupid idea. Vergil is lame as f#ck and couldn't be more generic. The cheesy dark action movie was a little more fun that the generic bishounen anime crap.

So you didn't fully like DMC3 then....my point stands.

You really only liked DMC1 for the most part (prior to DmC).

Top Bottom