• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some reasons why I dislike DMC3/DMC4

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
I think the gameplay for both are top notch but almost everything else rubs me the wrong way.

Devil May Cry 3

-Vergil's so called "honor", the game never displays or even tries to give an opportunity to display this character trait.

-Lame power seeking human

-The lack of any people besides Lady, Arkham, the the bros. In DMC1 I can hear police sirens that is an indication that other people exist.

-The shonen crap, Inuyasha May Cry

-Bland environments,

-Pointless retcons

-Dante's first steps into boring overpoweredness. Don't bring up anything DMC1 related because he was capable of dying in that game.

Devil May Cry 4

-Nero's existence

-ANOTHER lame power seeking human, come on let's go back to the devils

-This article, http://thesilentchief.com/2010/07/1...may-cry-4-was-made-to-appeal-to-women-gamers/

-The shonen crap, Bleach May Cry

-Sexed up versions of Trish and Lady, this was completely unnecessary

-Helped Crapcom kill DMC

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Since Im really tired i just want to point out one thing on one of your reasons for 3. In the game when you go over to a gate in Mission 3 before going in the bar dante mentions how most of the people seem to have evacuated and if they didn't well... So pretty much everyone's escaped or their pretty much demon chow by now. And Dante goes into a tower that was sealed in the ground for like 1000 years so its pretty much to be expected that Dante, Vergil, Lady, and Arkham or the only ones shone because pretty much everyone else is dead though the lack of corpses doesn't make since so im chocking it up to the fact that demons dragged them away as evident in the night club

Meg

Not to mention this is a game on the PS2. There's a reason why dead enemies disappear after being defeated; it requires more memory and power to keep the bodies there. A lot of games on the PS3/360 have enemies that don't disappear once defeated. The PS2? Not so much.

That said, you really expect developers to put in a bunch of random dead bodies everywhere? No way.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yea, I don't like that crap either. Vergil was just a douchebag and a totally lame villain who was just so one dimensional and boring. He couldn't fill a more generic spot in the cast. Still a fun game but, totally killed the spirit of DMC 1 and also not to mention contradicting the already established canon messing this stuff up forever basically.

DMC 4, worst in the entire series.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Not to mention this is a game on the PS2. There's a reason why dead enemies disappear after being defeated; it requires more memory and power to keep the bodies there. A lot of games on the PS3/360 have enemies that don't disappear once defeated. The PS2? Not so much.

That said, you really expect developers to put in a bunch of random dead bodies everywhere? No way.

I wasn't talkin about dead bodies, I mean't living people

they should've done something like this

The Genma attacking part

IncarnatedDemon

Valid points except for last one. I think DMC´s turning point from a story perspective was when Capcom put a different team on DMC 2.
Not to say DMC 2 story was completely bad but it didn´t feel like a sequal.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Valid points except for last one. I think DMC´s turning point from a story perspective was when Capcom put a different team on DMC 2.
Not to say DMC 2 story was completely bad but it didn´t feel like a sequal.
When does any DMC sequel feel like an actual sequel? They are all these self contained adventures that are in random spots of this wonky timeline. No game actually carries really anything from one game to the next. That's why the canon is such a mess.

IncarnatedDemon

When does any DMC sequel feel like an actual sequel? They are all these self contained adventures that are in random spots of this wonky timeline. No game actually carries really anything from one game to the next. That's why the canon is such a mess.
DMC 1 ended with Trish and Dante. And Dante had solved his issues and avenged his mother by defeating Mundus.
And Dante was happy.

DMC 2 - a Dante thats all moody and silent. There is no Trish. And the whole ordeal of "Sparda defeated Mundus" is repeated.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
It would have been nice if Trish contributed something in 2 seeing how she is a PLAYABLE character yet has nothing to do with the story. It would have been like putting Nelo Angelo as a playable character....scratch that, that would be pretty cool actually.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It would have been nice if Trish contributed something in 2 seeing how she is a PLAYABLE character yet has nothing to do with the story. It would have been like putting Nelo Angelo as a playable character....scratch that, that would be pretty cool actually.

Nelo Angelo is playable in DMC3 in the special edition if you play as the Possessed Vergil or Super Possessed Vergil costume and use Devil Trigger he turns into Nelo Angelo and can use a lot of Nelo's tricks from his DMC1 boss fight moveset such as his flying knuckle, Great Sword combo, and even his teleportation is redesigned to look more like Nelo's teleportation animation with the blue flames than Vergil's DMC3 teleportation animation with the blue blur.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Nelo Angelo is playable in DMC3 in the special edition if you play as the Possessed Vergil or Super Possessed Vergil costume and use Devil Trigger he turns into Nelo Angelo and can use a lot of Nelo's tricks from his DMC1 boss fight moveset such as his flying knuckle, Great Sword combo, and even his teleportation is redesigned to look more like Nelo's teleportation animation with the blue flames than Vergil's DMC3 teleportation animation with the blue blur.

I know i'm just saying that in 2 it would have been weird but kinda cool. In 3 it is nice to have Nelo Angelo in it especially with Vergil being one of the main characters in the game

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
According to what I've read, DMC3 is a reboot...

A reboot in concept but not totally in execution.

Reboots comes in a lot of forms and sometimes a reboot can even be canon.

DMC3 was an origins story while DmC is basically a re-writing of the origin story.

I think the Tomb Raider reboot could be canon to the old games since it take place very far before any of them and explains how Lara becomes who she is in the early game (the fierce treasure hunter and survivalist).

Or better example, the DMC3 reboot is more comparable to the Castlevania reboot Lord of Shadow since it could be part of the timeline since nothing is drastically changes.

DMC3 was like a fresh start but was still canon to the series. DmC is not canon and takes place in an alternate universe.

This isn't a different take on Dante this is a different Dante (each Dante from DMC1-4 were arguably different takes on him but they were the same Dante).

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
DMC 1 ended with Trish and Dante. And Dante had solved his issues and avenged his mother by defeating Mundus.
And Dante was happy.

DMC 2 - a Dante thats all moody and silent. There is no Trish. And the whole ordeal of "Sparda defeated Mundus" is repeated.

the anime acts as an interquel for DMC1 and DMC4 which explains the working relationship between trish and dante and how lady and trish meet.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
A reboot in concept but not totally in execution.

Reboots comes in a lot of forms and sometimes a reboot can even be canon.

DMC3 was an origins story while DmC is basically a re-writing of the origin story.

I think the Tomb Raider reboot could be canon to the old games since it take place very far before any of them and explains how Lara becomes who she is in the early game (the fierce treasure hunter and survivalist).

Or better example, the DMC3 reboot is more comparable to the Castlevania reboot Lord of Shadow since it could be part of the timeline since nothing is drastically changes.

DMC3 was like a fresh start but was still canon to the series. DmC is not canon and takes place in an alternate universe.

This isn't a different take on Dante this is a different Dante (each Dante from DMC1-4 were arguably different takes on him but they were the same Dante).

it was supposed to be a reboot but after fans DmC'd it capcom slapped a "3" on dat ass and said it was a prequel

IncarnatedDemon

the anime acts as an interquel for DMC1 and DMC4 which explains the working relationship between trish and dante and how lady and trish meet.
DMC 2 : 2003.
DMC A: 2007.

Point: Anime is irelevant to what i said because it was released 4 years later, and DMC didn't begin as a anime.

Top Bottom