• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some Devil's did cry. Quite hard actually.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
majin trigger is a last resort power up to stop you from dying but u need dt bar to habe at least a bit or it wnt work the regular dt is powerful too as you rapid fire gun fire from your palms and if your guns are fully powered up you kil everything and wreck bosses you also have amulets to add lightning and fire damage to your sword and you can fly to some extent or glide continuously but even on dmd with the dodging and backflipping dante can do and the weak unaggressive enemies and bosses a no damage run is simple to get

LOL no wonder people rag on dmc 2 for gameplay and render it "broken" what happened to this game???

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
I don't remember how often you could use the Majin Devil Trigger, (I think when you were dying) but it being very powerful is sort of the point. I suppose it's meant as a last resort, or as a way to gain an advantage at crucial times. That type of thing (advantage) has been done before in games, even in board games. Heck, I think Pokémon had this attack that got stronger the less HP you had left. So it depends on how often you can use it, how long, what effect it has, and which enemy you're fighting, otherwise you can't call the game broken.
That was honestly my favorite DT out of the entire series. The ability to run around like that was simply orgasmic imo. God Dante is so powerful now it isn't even funny. I'm really hoping he encounters a full powered Mundus again while he's in hell. He'll have a blast lol.

One thing I have to say is the secret rooms in DMD are seriously OP to the point that this form was a real safegoat in this game. Majin has saved my life more times than I can count really and fightning Argosax might be the most fun I've had in years. My only real issue with the game is the camera being to far away, the guns are a bit too powerful (though exploiting them would be players choice rather than a real issue), the infesteds and there needed to be more dialogue. The fact that anyone really says this games story was bad compared to the others is kind of silly to me since non of them are really groundbreaking or anything. Questions are answered is a really subtle way I thought. Just really wish there was more character input...

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
That was honestly my favorite DT out of the entire series. The ability to run around like that was simply orgasmic imo. God Dante is so powerful now it isn't even funny. I'm really hoping he encounters a full powered Mundus again while he's in hell. He'll have a blast lol.

One thing I have to say is the secret rooms in DMD are seriously OP to the point that this form was a real safegoat in this game. Majin has saved my life more times than I can count really and fightning Argosax might be the most fun I've had in years. My only real issue with the game is the camera being to far away, the guns are a bit too powerful (though exploiting them would be players choice rather than a real issue), the infesteds and there needed to be more dialogue. The fact that anyone really says this games story was bad compared to the others is kind of silly to me since non of them are really groundbreaking or anything. Questions are answered is a really subtle way I thought. Just really wish there was more character input...

i have yet to play it and ive heard both sides of the spectrum that its the worst game ever in dmc series and that its okay and is a fair game so ill be looking forward to trying it out myself and ill def make a thread for it

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
i have yet to play it and ive heard both sides of the spectrum that its the worst game ever in dmc series and that its okay and is a fair game so ill be looking forward to trying it out myself and ill def make a thread for it
Go for it I say. Just keep an open mind and remember that the public were only acute about it when 3 came out. Back when it was just 1 and 2 reviewers were giving it 7s and some 6s.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I didn't read the rest of the thread, but I did read the OP. I got a good chuckle out of it, because I don't know many people who actually found DMC2 enjoyable.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the reason it wasn't done well enough to even match DMC1 was due in part to them bringing Hideaki Itsuno in as director too close to the deadline. He was given very little information on the plot, characters, and whatnot, and had to do something of a rush job on it.

Even Itsuno is ashamed of it; Reuben Langdon (the voice and motion capture of Dante in DMC3 and DMC4, if you didn't know) even stated Itsuno declared "it didn't happen".

So don't worry, you're not the only one unimpressed by the gameplay, voice acting, and overall plotline. :p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I didn't read the rest of the thread, but I did read the OP. I got a good chuckle out of it, because I don't know many people who actually found DMC2 enjoyable.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the reason it wasn't done well enough to even match DMC1 was due in part to them bringing Hideaki Itsuno in as director too close to the deadline. He was given very little information on the plot, characters, and whatnot, and had to do something of a rush job on it.

Even Itsuno is ashamed of it; Reuben Langdon (the voice and motion capture of Dante in DMC3 and DMC4, if you didn't know) even stated Itsuno declared "it didn't happen".

So don't worry, you're not the only one unimpressed by the gameplay, voice acting, and overall plotline. :p

It had so much potenial but fell so far :(

Kaim Argonar

Yeah I agree. I actually really liked DMC2 and I don't care who thinks I'm crazy for doing so. Failed sequel but pretty good game with workable mechanics and an awesome OST. If it were just DMC1 and DMC2, I'd probably like it even more so. I personally give it a 6.5/10. Also Lucia is probably in my top 5 favorite Devil May Cry characters of all time.

Top Bottom