• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some Devil's did cry. Quite hard actually.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I finally completed DMC2, (which I had put off for a year), and knowing the nefarious side of me, I felt I had to say something about it. Naturally this place is my choice, though most of you will criticize me and condescend my work like everyone else on every forum ever. The purpose here is to entertain and give my opinion, Since I am the abused jester in a court of kings who love hot pokers and dungeons as much as the next king.
Enjoy.

Coming home from Gamestop with my newly purchased DMC HD collection, I trudged my way through the knee-high piles of discarded red bull cans and the lady-neighbors stolen laundry. I plopped down on my plywood and sheet metal bed covered generously with bubble wrap and popped the game into my Xbox, convienently held together with electrical tape and rubber bands. As cruel as fate is, my choice landed on DMC2.

Story: Unemployed and bored as hell Dante, tired of city regulators bitching about the number of dangerous sh*t he stores in his living room, Makes his way to Dumary Island for some good o'l R&R. He meets a strange and heavily accented women with a knife fetish, and an old woman who must have wandered out off the shire from cannon-balling into the senile pool. Having jack-sh*t marked down on his monthly calender, he accepts the job with a coin flip, because Dante is a douche. He learns an evil corporation run by a rejected James Bond Villian is terrorizing the city with animals stolen from the zoo spiced with something demony.
Dante wanders around the island killing and breaking everything, and eventually kills the Human Torch while in hell. Guessing hell had better housing income, Dante rides away on his moterbike, which he totally did not steal from someones garage.

Can you guess how I feel about the story? I felt the whole damn thing was ab-libbed and really had no connecting theme with the first game. Bosses were bland and hard to remember, and the connecting story with Lucia felt like filler. I wasn't very impressed overall.

Combat: I can't complain about combat, because it actually flowed quite ok-ish with the flips and wall running. Guns finally did some damage, but the weapons weren't very creative, plus DT was just too overpowered. It kind takes it away when you become god for 10 seconds and utterly wipe the floor with whatever your fighting. I also found it difficult to keep a combo going. The only way I found was to use aerial maneuvers and flips to stall the combo bar, making Dante look like a retarded circus chimp still back-flipping for animal crackers long after the Ringmaster was mauled to death by the sexually deprived tiger.

Environment: The city landscape is actually quite expansive compared to the tight corridors in DMC1, and It felt kinda cool being able to deviate from the path to break the television antennas for orbs, cutting off some old man from his soap opera Saturday alone time. However, combat would eventually force me to the ground again, and I would continue my cracker-begging once again.

I could probably keep going, But no doubt the local posse is crowded around my house as we speak. Now that the jester is done flailing his dangley parts around at the princes wedding, I shall recede back into the wine cellar and feed on the plague rats for my nutrition
I hope this entertained you enough.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I finally completed DMC2, (which I had put off for a year), and knowing the nefarious side of me, I felt I had to say something about it. Naturally this place is my choice, though most of you will criticize me and condescend my work like everyone else on every forum ever. The purpose here is to entertain and give my opinion, Since I am the abused jester in a court of kings who love hot pokers and dungeons as much as the next king.
Enjoy.

Coming home from Gamestop with my newly purchased DMC HD collection, I trudged my way through the knee-high piles of discarded red bull cans and the lady-neighbors stolen laundry. I plopped down on my plywood and sheet metal bed covered generously with bubble wrap and popped the game into my Xbox, convienently held together with electrical tape and rubber bands. As cruel as fate is, my choice landed on DMC2.

Story: Unemployed and bored as hell Dante, tired of city regulators bitching about the number of dangerous sh*t he stores in his living room, Makes his way to Dumary Island for some good o'l R&R. He meets a strange and heavily accented women with a knife fetish, and an old woman who must have wandered out off the shire from cannon-balling into the senile pool. Having jack-sh*t marked down on his monthly calender, he accepts the job with a coin flip, because Dante is a douche. He learns an evil corporation run by a rejected James Bond Villian is terrorizing the city with animals stolen from the zoo spiced with something demony.
Dante wanders around the island killing and breaking everything, and eventually kills the Human Torch while in hell. Guessing hell had better housing income, Dante rides away on his moterbike, which he totally did not steal from someones garage.

Can you guess how I feel about the story? I felt the whole damn thing was ab-libbed and really had no connecting theme with the first game. Bosses were bland and hard to remember, and the connecting story with Lucia felt like filler. I wasn't very impressed overall.

Combat: I can't complain about combat, because it actually flowed quite ok-ish with the flips and wall running. Guns finally did some damage, but the weapons weren't very creative, plus DT was just too overpowered. It kind takes it away when you become god for 10 seconds and utterly wipe the floor with whatever your fighting. I also found it difficult to keep a combo going. The only way I found was to use aerial maneuvers and flips to stall the combo bar, making Dante look like a retarded circus chimp still back-flipping for animal crackers long after the Ringmaster was mauled to death by the sexually deprived tiger.

Environment: The city landscape is actually quite expansive compared to the tight corridors in DMC1, and It felt kinda cool being able to deviate from the path to break the television antennas for orbs, cutting off some old man from his soap opera Saturday alone time. However, combat would eventually force me to the ground again, and I would continue my cracker-begging once again.

I could probably keep going, But no doubt the local posse is crowded around my house as we speak. Now that the jester is done flailing his dangley parts around at the princes wedding, I shall recede back into the wine cellar and feed on the plague rats for my nutrition
I hope this entertained you enough.

LOL youd be suprised but dmc2 has recieved bad reviews from critics and gamers alike so i doubt many people will argue with you if anything most will agree with you as many of the opinions you have stated here are very similar to other posts ive read on the site my only advice is to play dmc 1 for the hd next(trust me) and then pop in dmc3 and hopefully youll be pleasntly suprised

DarkSlayer54

I'm playing DMC2 on Hard now (beat it twice before)... and at first, I thought it was boring... but it's starting to warm up a bit. I personally think the combat is a step-down from DMC1's, but it's somewhat entertaining.
I hate how dante's dodge can't cancel attacks, which kind of forces me to do two slashes followed by a shotgun blast to avoid being caught off-guard. Overall, it feels a lot easier than DMC1. I'm trying to give DMC2 a fair chance since it doesn't annoy me like DMC3/DMC4... I want to beat it on DMD, then beat it with Super Dante (if they've included it in the NA version). After that, I'm hoping I'll have learned enough to enjoy the combat for what it is.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i have yet to touch the dmc 2 portion of my hd collection right now im bouncing back and forth from 3 to 4 doing s ranking fun :) but im sure ill somewhat enjoy 2 if nothing else then for the new experience

Kazuki Nanbu

i think the game has its charm, yeah, the combat is disaponting and Dante is boring but the game have....something....i don't know, maybe is the music or the atmosphere.....

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
dmd is a,joke on dmc2 there is more of a challenge on normal in dmc3 once dante has maxed out guns and rebellion dmd on 2 offers no challenge well to me anyway, may be different for others

LOL well atleast ill be able to run through it quickly can i go on hard mode right away or do i have to do normal first?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
The main problem with DMC 2 is its gameplay.. its broken.

how is it broken? i know ive read the guns are over powered and the combos are a little harder to pull off and the enemies are easy but ive never heard it called "broken"

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I don't remember how often you could use the Majin Devil Trigger, (I think when you were dying) but it being very powerful is sort of the point. I suppose it's meant as a last resort, or as a way to gain an advantage at crucial times. That type of thing (advantage) has been done before in games, even in board games. Heck, I think Pokémon had this attack that got stronger the less HP you had left. So it depends on how often you can use it, how long, what effect it has, and which enemy you're fighting, otherwise you can't call the game broken.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
"Overpowered" is an understatement its technically a God mode.

I don't remember how often you could use the Majin Devil Trigger, (I think when you were dying) but it being very powerful is sort of the point. I suppose it's meant as a last resort, or as a way to gain an advantage at crucial times. That type of thing (advantage) has been done before in games, even in board games. Heck, I think Pokémon had this attack that got stronger the less HP you had left. So it depends on how often you can use it, how long, and what effect it has, otherwise you can't call the game broken.

so wait can you devil trigger whenever you want to in dmc 2 the same way you can in dmc3 or is it just as a last resort when your dying cuz if your doing a no damage run thats not fair lol and lets see OP guns OP devil trigger weak enemies yah that is kind of broken

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
so wait can you devil trigger whenever you want to in dmc 2 the same way you can in dmc3 or is it just as a last resort when your dying cuz if your doing a no damage run thats not fair lol and lets see OP guns OP devil trigger weak enemies yah that is kind of broken

If I recall correctly, it was only usable when you were dying. And even then, it came out at random, I think, so sometimes you'd just be in trouble and not get a Majin Form :p And even if you got it, it only lasted for a little while. Furthermore, it's up to you to decide whether or not you're going to use it - to waste DT power or not. So I suppose you can't say it rendered the game 'broken'.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
regular dt can be used anytime if you have enough of the bar filled majin trigger is only available when ur health is in the red and its super powerful and makes you invulnerable to everything you fire fireballs and you have flame swords that appear from ur arms

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
regular dt can be used anytime if you have enough of the bar filled majin trigger is only available when ur health is in the red and its super powerful and makes you invulnerable to everything you fire fireballs and you have flame swords that appear from ur arms

I really wish my comp would let me post pics i would post the captain kirk meme pick of him saying( what the **** is that????) lol serious though wtf lol that escalated quickly so basically in a no damage run youll never use the majin devil trigger just the normal but thats bloody ridiculous

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
majin trigger is a last resort power up to stop you from dying but u need dt bar to habe at least a bit or it wnt work the regular dt is powerful too as you rapid fire gun fire from your palms and if your guns are fully powered up you kil everything and wreck bosses you also have amulets to add lightning and fire damage to your sword and you can fly to some extent or glide continuously but even on dmd with the dodging and backflipping dante can do and the weak unaggressive enemies and bosses a no damage run is simple to get

Top Bottom