• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So You're Still Forced To Walk When Lock-on Is Active

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

If you look at any high level player in DMC4, you'll see that they rarely run or strafe like normal players do. Reasoning is simple: its better to use quick an stylish moves (Air Trick, Million Stabs, etc) rather than just walking or running. This is even the case for DmC, where you can see players get close with Trillion Stabs, Caliber, Angel Whip, etc.
You can also take the obvious route, which is to let go of the lock on button for walking, then when you're going to focus on an enemy, just move the analog to their direction and lock on.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm okay with it I guess, I've gotten used to moving with skills thanks to Angel Lift and Demon Pull in DmC.

Am I allowed to still be grumpy about Vergil looking like he's built out of a brick **** house? Because goddamn are those some broad shoulders :/

Khundy

Berserker
I'm okay with it I guess, I've gotten used to moving with skills thanks to Angel Lift and Demon Pull in DmC.

Am I allowed to still be grumpy about Vergil looking like he's built out of a brick **** house? Because goddamn are those some broad shoulders :/

Yes you can, but I like it. He looks more bad-ass that way, would not troll. Also the run takes less frames now for everyone so they can gather speed faster getting place to place when there isn't an enemy around.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Also the run takes less frames now for everyone so they can gather speed faster getting place to place when there isn't an enemy around.

This was a nice addition. The addition of the sprint itself was great for the series because of how slow you run normally, but it usually took a bit too long to activate. It's possible they may have also just moved it to a forward+forward input as well. God Hand had that, too.

Top Bottom