• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SO WHY?!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Let me drop some knowlege about the manga:

What we have here is the Tokyo Pop published translation, but before TP released the manga our friend in Devil's Lair scanlated the manga with a much less liberal take on the script. TP took alot of liberaties with the dialougue (eg. That line about wanting a smaler d!ck was actually a simple 'no, thank you'). That version is a little harder to find but it's out there.

If that was the case then that must be what most people in the west prefer to hear then the hum drum anime stereotypical lines. Such is what DmC Dante represents; The demographic section of DMC fans who have grown wiery of old Dante's comical lines that were, in my opinion, stale as a cracker on a hot summer day.

I felt his lines in the manga compared to the anime were a bit brute and immature at times, and would more prefer his game lines since it was more comical on purpose. However when I want Dante to actually act as an edgy character and speak in an urban vocabulary, I'll definitely be going to new Dante.

But that's just how I see it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, this reminds me, I have a pretty 'large' (as in rather small) collection of DMC related comics, mos are fan made and only posted on-line, practicably none were published and all but none were translated. I rip them from a few sites and now I don't think they exist online anymore.

I never brought it up because when I offered to share the anime drama CDs no one cared to have them so I figuered the same would be true of anything else but I have a pretty extensive DMC library of materials.

DragonMaster2010

You know, this reminds me, I have a pretty 'large' (as in rather small) collection of DMC related comics, mos are fan made and only posted on-line, practicably none were published and all but none were translated. I rip them from a few sites and now I don't think they exist online anymore.

I never brought it up because when I offered to share the anime drama CDs no one cared to have them so I figuered the same would be true of anything else but I have a pretty extensive DMC library of materials.

You got the CDs? Where?

berto

I Saw the Devil
You got the CDs? Where?
... On my external hard drive...

A long time ago I created a torrent that included just about every piece of DMC media I had, strategy guides, book scans, DVD book rips, soundtracks, the drama CDs, and so on, 15 gigs worth of DMC. 2 people downloaded it.

DragonMaster2010

A long time ago I created a torrent that included just about every piece of DMC media I had, strategy guides, book scans, DVD book rips, soundtracks, the drama CDs, and so on, 15 gigs worth of DMC. 2 people downloaded it.

think you can give me one?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!

could you give me a link for all the manga/comic :D i'd love to read it or atleast look at it if you can

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
None translated. But here is one that I got from a video, oddly enough, and put together the images to five pages, no dialougue:

Where was that from exactly? You said a video..? It looks so familiar I might have seen it before but i'm not sure. I can even translate the rest of it if you find it granted it be in Japanese.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I found it on a fansite and the DMC section had a video playing the images one by one. He did some RE4 fanart, too. I think the artist might've been Chinese but I could be wrong. it was years ago.

You guys want another one? I've got one left that is complete, everything else I got are preview pages.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I found it on a fansite and the DMC section had a video playing the images one by one. He did some RE4 fanart, too. I think the artist might've been Chinese but I could be wrong. it was years ago.

You guys want another one? I've got one left that is complete, everything else I got are preview pages.
Yes Yes i want to see more!! :w00t:

Top Bottom