• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SO WHY?!

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
We have discused this artist before:
http://devilmaycry.org/community/th...ver-scanned-the-rae-comics.10779/#post-343842

49b8db80c1d0d.jpg

Simple fantastic! Must find now!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This reminds me is one of the few refreshing differences Nero has in comparison to Dante. He doesn't seem to go for the hypersexual types, and looks at them in an eye-rolling manner, like he's in the joke behind their design.

Actually Nero has a better chance with Bayo since Baoynetta hates cocky, talkative guys. (Dante)

Railazel

Yeah, why is that? Because there has never been a scene that ether shows or suggests him been with a woman? By that logic most adults in film are virgins. This is such anime logic bullshit. Simply because the character has never been shown in a sexually suggestive scenario, ohh, well, he must be cherry, then.

I guess it's because he never left the impression that he was sexually active. Other than the few instances in DMC 3 and 4, he never showed much interest in women. He's like a guy you see in Harem Anime, he attracts several girls yet only stays in the "friend zone."

AlchemistFromEden

I guess it's because he never left the impression that he was sexually active. Other than the few instances in DMC 3 and 4, he never showed much interest in women. He's like a guy you see in Harem Anime, he attracts several girls yet only stays in the "friend zone."
dude, take off the rose tinted glasses -_- i mean for christ sake the story in the manga was written by capcom
devil-may-cry-3-1645019.jpg

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Yup!

Seriously, the third panel is something I can see DmC Dante saying.

This is why I think DMC3 Dante and DmC Dante would be cool. Birds of a feather, as they say

Railazel

dude, take off the rose tinted glasses -_- i mean for christ sake the story in the manga was written by capcom
devil-may-cry-3-1645019.jpg

Gee, this would be a great argument if...
Some people don't consider the Manga to be canon

Whether it was written by Capcom or not, it still doesn't change the fact that it conflicts with details in DMC 1 that say that Dante and Vergil hadn't seen each other for over twenty years. Thus people just consider it non- canon. As for me, I just think of DMC 3 as a "reboot" of sorts, so whether the manga is canon or not isn't really a concern for me.

AlchemistFromEden

Gee, this would be a great argument if...

Whether it was written by Capcom or not, it still doesn't change the fact that it conflicts with details in DMC 1 that say that Dante and Vergil hadn't seen each other for over twenty years. Thus people just consider it non- canon. As for me, I just think of DMC 3 as a "reboot" of sorts, so whether the manga is canon or not isn't really a concern for me.
devil may cry 3 is an origin story, meaning it completely overtakes plot devices of dmc1, and the fact that it was written by capcom means that it is indefinitely canon, because it was created from the source

berto

I Saw the Devil
Let me drop some knowlege about the manga:

What we have here is the Tokyo Pop published translation, but before TP released the manga our friend in Devil's Lair scanlated the manga with a much less liberal take on the script. TP took alot of liberaties with the dialougue (eg. That line about wanting a smaler d!ck was actually a simple 'no, thank you'). That version is a little harder to find but it's out there.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I always assumed that whenever Dante could find a girl who didn't outright try to murder him, he did just fine. God knows he wasn't shy. I just didn't actually need to see it. The translated manga mentioned in passing that he had a weird kink without actually providing a splash page of Dante facedown in some girl's nethers on a bed of iron balls around or whatever the hell.

So it's not the actuality of Dante having sex that was annoying, but the presentation. If the game had started with Dante simply waking up with "Call us!" written on his arm in lipstick, it would have had the exact same effect - hey, this guy gets laid, isn't that cool? - without a camera zooming in on be-thonged crotches.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood

What we have here is the Tokyo Pop published translation, but before TP released the manga our friend in Devil's Lair scanlated the manga with a much less liberal take on the script. TP took alot of liberaties with the dialougue (eg. That line about wanting a smaler d!ck was actually a simple 'no, thank you'). That version is a little harder to find but it's out there.

Seen that version, yeah. Tokyo Pop could be weird about trying to "Westernize" manga sometimes. I think I remember that Dante was still a rude jackass in a way, but random stuff like the smaller d*ck line and the "got so drunk I proposed to a mop" line were just tossed in for...flavor?

Sunaka Marién

This. It's actually quite astonishing how much the two versions differ.

also if someone is interested in the scanlation, I've still got it :<
So it's not the actuality of Dante having sex that was annoying, but the presentation. If the game had started with Dante simply waking up with "Call us!" written on his arm in lipstick, it would have had the exact same effect - hey, this guy gets laid, isn't that cool? - without a camera zooming in on be-thonged crotches.
Well, I didn't need to see that much either, but if they had left it out, we wouldn't have known that the girls were demons or at least demon colaborators, why Kat said Dante left a "trail" or why that stripper at Lilith's club knew Dante. I think that scene served as some kinda explaining and to make you as a player crious about what exactly is going on, like, they showed you that there is something weird about the world, that stuff isn't as it seems and that Dante is being hunted by someone. It wasn't just to say "Yo, Dante is da man cuz he gets laid!!!!1!1".

Top Bottom