• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So the PS4 has made its debut today in NA.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Who has preordered it already?
Who plans on getting it sometime sooner or later?
Who has already received theirs?

I personally wont be getting my hands on it anytime soon. I just don't have that kind of money yet. However I do play to get pick it over the xbox one. A few titles I will likely anticipate (multiply platforms or not):

-Infamous: Second Son
-Assassian's Creed IV: BF
-The Evil Within
-FFXV
-Uncharted 4
-MGS5
-Yakuza
-Mighty No. 9
-Watch Dogs
-Guilty Gear Xrd

Just a few off the top of my head. I know for a fact it will be a year down the road before I actually try to fetch out for a PS4 but I just wanted to share. What are your thoughts on the PS4?

AlastorSword

Well my friend just gotten hers today.
I plan on getting a PS4 over the X1 from the day the announced next-gen systems.
3. I'll get a PS4 much later though as there's still far too many great PS3 titles i haven't played yet.
Yes I agree on that last part. I'm in no rush to buy next gen this time around. I remember buying my PS3 the year it was announced only to have it sit on my shelf for a couple months because I couldn't afford any games for it lol.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Is it just me or does the hype for the Next Generation feel non existent compared to the 360 and PS3 hype?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'll get a PS4 eventually. I want a bigger library of games and some of the services actually up and running. I pretty sure I got at least 2 more years with my PS3 before I get another Sony console. I also still have my PC.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Is it just me or does the hype for the Next Generation feel non existent compared to the 360 and PS3 hype?
Making the jump from the generation before this one was quite a leap. When the PS3 first showed off what it could do it blew people's minds. There's no way the PS2 would be able to do the stuff that was coming technically speaking because I still think to this day the PS2 along with the SNES and N64 is one of the greatest consoles ever for just the sheer number of awesome games the PS2 had.

We now however have seen games reach places we never thought they can go before so, ps3 to ps4 is like making a jump from 8 bit to 16 I guess. It's not a very noticeably upgrade. I personally think there's still a lot of life left in current gen.

I was about to say call me when we get Virtual Reality that basically thrust us in to a Matrix like gaming world.

AlastorSword

Yeah just about. Hell half the people I know who were litterly dying for a 360 are calling me a liar when I tell them the PS4 dropped just yesterday.
"Bro you're bullshitting man. PS4 isn't coming until 2014. Why would they release it so early knowing damn well that the PC and PS3 gaming are standing strong as of late?"
"Nah, I'm serious it really did come out :banghead:"

That's basically how that conversation went.... then I asked him if his sister said anything about me. :cool:

AlastorSword

Eh. :thumbsdown:
But+_cf6bee67dae87fba6ec4314bba6a9135.jpg

AlastorSword

lol PS3 i was buying games first before i got the system.
I bought the 360 first & Then the PS3 & OMG I kinda wish i didn't because i played my PS3 so much & my 360 just sat......sits there lol.
So this time around i'm skipping the X1 altogether. I've had an XBOX original, 360 & had too many issues with them.
I'm Sony bound.

I think it's too early for either to be released & they're still riding the previous gen's (PS3 360) wave.
I think it's a jumble of we can do this & we can do that & i don't either was fully ready yet & should've waited till 2016.
Lol giving Xbone the cold shoulder eh? Can't blame you really. I walked in on my step bro rage-quitting when he received his first red ring of death just a year after having his 360. It was like watching the Juggernaut react after being stood up on prom night.

Maxman

Nah , I'll keep investing in PC :p. will try to get a new upgrade next year so that I can ENJOY MAX PAYNE 3 in ULTRA HIGH SETTINGS

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

troll-i-lied-light-l.png

:p

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin

Yeah its rather strange, I have always been eagerly awaiting the next consoles but this time I am not jumping straight to a new console. Doesnt seem to be the 'buzz' there usually is when the new consoles hit. I have always been someone who preordered consoles in the past and lived to regret it with better models/bundles and price drops coming shortly afterwards and also obviously having so few launch titles for me to sink my teeth into. I will likely be purchasing an Xbox One but im more than happy with my 360 for now as there are plenty of games im yet to finish on it (or even purchase yet). So will likely be spring next year before I even consider hopping over to next gen, though I am definitely going to invest in a new gaming PC next year too.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'll be honest,i'm not interested in the next gen its like micro evolution of gaming.
I am definitely going to invest in a new gaming PC next year too.
This if my PC cannot run a next gen game i'll just build a new one i don't think there's a smart reason for switching to consoles other than for personal preferences.

Last edited:

AlastorSword

Yea i understand that lol.
2. I experienced that with my very 1st XBOX original.
Played 5minutes of DeadOrAlive3 i think & it overheated.
Got a 360 & replaced it four times.

So compared to Sony consoles vs microsoft consoles, i replaced more microsoft consoles whereas Sony consoles i've replaced once or twice, & that's including PSPs, PSOnes, PS2, & PS3.

And microsoft consoles has hardly any exclusives i want, same with X1.
What titan fall ? Big deal, i'll wait for titan fall 2 when it's on the PS4.
DeadRising3 ?
Meh i don't care.
Well actually i don't care what titles X1 has or will get, i've lost interests in microsoft consoles.
I'm done with them.
Four times? Wow that's very unfortunate. And yes I too have lost interest in microsoft. Even after all those additional changes they have made for the XB1, I still wont be getting it. A running joke I hear is people calling it Xbone 2.0 as they reassembled everything after hearing multiple fan complaints. The thought of them marketing their original concept would have been great big **** you to there own community and as a business they would have fallen hard. I'm just not taking anymore chances with them really. And yes I agree that games like Dead Rising3 and Titan Fall wont be worth wasting your hard earned money on that mess (at least not anytime soon)

AlastorSword

Yea that's why i buy consoles from Best-Buy, their warranty was awesome.
2. I didn't like it before the changes & i completely don't trust them anymore because of it.
They tried dictating to gamers that we should always be network connected all because microsoft sunk $700million into the cloud so they tried forcing gamers to use it by taking away their option to play unconnected because they wanted a return in their investment. Isn't there a law against that ?

Sony has done the same thu not as bad by eliminating MP3, or CD playback forcing gamers to use music unlimited.

The same with Youtube & Google+ in order to use it you must be a Google+ member i think?

This gen has become nothing but businesses making large investments & stacking the odds in their favor by taking away consumer options instead of letting the investment grow under it's own merits.
Agreed. Also it has been a while since I shopped at best buy. I remember when I had my first job like 6 years ago I would use my hard earned cash to buy all kinds of games and DVDs for there. They had amazing deals and a friend of mine loved working there too. Now I can't seem to find any in my area >_< Also you're right about the new youtue thing and Google+ It's very annoying. I've been slowly avoiding my old channel that's to this policy.

But yeah the new Xbone seems to be directed at people who will be doing everything but playing games. It's a bit amateurish not to appease your target audience the most, agreed? *sigh* It's a rough time for gaming this time around, I agree. :(

AlastorSword

And honestly if nintendo had a better more appealing system with many more games i liked then i'd be switching to nintendo.

If Sega, atari or whomever made a console as powerful as the PS4, X1 & had nintendo's idealism with those features like SDTV/HDTV support, MP3, CD playback, network connection optional.
And the titles X1 & PS4 has, then it could really clean up because so far the investment ideas & forcing me to use services i don't want to use is making me clutch my PS3 even tighter.

Those little features do add up & make a difference.
One thing I feel is that the Dreamcast was ahead of its time. I really wish it would have lasted long than it did.

AlastorSword

1. Yea Best-Buy has great deals but their warranty policies has changed a bit however still better then GameStop's warranty.
So i always get a new console with a warranty, from handhelds to consoles.
I never get a system without a warranty, if i can't get a store warranty then i don't buy the system.

2. Yea i've read a few are doing the same with Youtube Google+
They're either not using their Youtube accounts or just disabling comments altogether.

3. Yea microsoft is going by assumption.
Why do i need a TV app ? I play games so i don't have to watch horrible television.
And they've created something Comcast beat them to.
The X1 is doing things the XFINITY X1 already has been doing for a year.

Comcast XFINITY X1
Yes I'm the same way. If anyone buys a system of any kind without the warranty they're just asking for trouble. These things almost always have technical issues... or maybe it's just me lol. Either way, paying 200+ dollars to replace these things are annoying. As for gamestop, I stopped buying games there back when the PS2 died off. I was just getting ripped off too many times and eventually got fed up with them altogether. I think the last game I bought from them was the .hack series.

I also see a lot of posts with stick figures next to tanks, saying things about coping and posting this if you want them to turn youtube back to how it was before. I agree with the guy in the vid (wait wasn't he the one who smashed his 360 or am I confusing him for someone else? o_O) Google needs to let their vice grip on youtube go, otherwise we'll have a full blown movement before the year is done. Complete with pitchforks and firewalls on a stick (see what I did there?:cool:)

Shame on them for not knowing that most hardcore gamers past times involve playing games not watching television. It's like they are indeed catering to casuals as usual. Also I didn't even realize it but you're right. XFINITY has been doing the exact same thing behind closed doors, for quite a while now. I just hope other people realize this before they make any final purchases.

AlastorSword

DreamCast......I don't really think it was ahead of anything.
It was more powerful then the PSOne yes but it was as faulty as the XBOX original.
DreamCast controllers would stop working, VMU wouldn't function, DreamCast system would just stop reading disc.
The DreamCast library started great but then everything was lacking & started looking horrible.
Remember BlueStinger, MaxSteel, virtual on ?
It's like developers gave up on it.

But i think if Sega & atari got together they could make a great system.
Heh you do have a point. I guess I should have said, the concept was ahead of its time. I did have a lot of great nostalgic moments with it though, but I would be a fool to ignore the gaping problems it had. Kinda wish they could have made an updated/ much more padded version of it. If anything it deserved a second chance. That ship has passed unfortunately.

Sega/ Atari team up would be just awesome!

AlastorSword

1. lol No it's not just you.
Anything over $75 the customer should get a store warranty.

GameStop i'll buy & trade games all day, buy systems is a NO.
I Stop buying systems from GameStop because they screwed me out of getting a PS3 on launch day by saying they weren't taking pre-orders.
Then after they sold out i find out they took pre-orders through GameStop online only.
However lucky for me Best-Buy took pre-orders in store & offered a 2yr store warranty.

2. Yes he was.
He's got alot of videos actually & a few of them he gets upset & breaks things.

I don't Google will let go of Youtube anytime soon.
Google is everywhere.
I didn't know there was a Google.u.k
>Indeed. I remember a friends Xbox broke down so he went to youtube to find a video on how to fix it. Low and behold, it was total crap and he ended up voiding his warranty in the process. Poor guy switched to the Wii afterwards and never bothered to buy a new 360. As for that song, it's pretty hilarious xD The red ring of death was probably one of the biggest controversies surrounding the Xbox back in 09 I believe.

>Well I guess I should confess. I did actually buy 1 other game after .hack. I believed it was Gravity Rush... so I guess I could trust them with games (usually) but yeah I'm with you on consoles. I imagine Best-Buy would be the sweet old grandmother who would do everything in her power to appease while GameStop is more like the mafia. They'll help you out but it might or might not come back to bite you in the bum-chum. Also online only? Wow, you'd think they'd put that on the display window or something.

>Really? Lol I should probably check some of this other vids out then.

>Yeah Google is becoming quite the giant as of late. It wont be long before they have billboards peering through our windows as we sleep under their mind control devices.
Also I didn't know that either.

AlastorSword

3. Microsoft knows, they just want to get in on every angle & that's the BIG PROBLEM with Sony & microsoft.
They want in on every aspect of entertainment involved with gaming that they're straying from gaming itself.

They've given gamers more apps then improved graphics that look like this:

I'm not talking cut scenes or a CG opening.
I'm talking actual gameplay that looks & moves exactly like that running a constant 60frames, from the power of the console itself without the cloud as a crutch.

I know consoles aren't there yet but i don't see how voice control, tv apps & crap like that will get us any closer to it.
I want powerful games with PS3's XMB features, not tv apps.

4. DreamCast made Sonic awesome.
Crazy taxi
Carrier
SoulCalibur
Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Power Stone
Heavy Metal: Geomatrix
Slave Zero
DreamCast had many great games, it's just weird.
Geez haven't they ever heard the saying, "Cater to the people who actually care about you?" It wont be long before they just make television and computer monitors that can optionally download games at an affordable cost.
Hehe I remember when everyone would argue that Agni's Philosophy was a teaser for the upcoming XV, before it was announced to be Versus renamed.

Such wasted resources on insufficient crap these days (boy do I sound old) I await the day when games look and feel that real, while still holding onto what made them good in the first place. As a kid, I always thought that's where we would end up... Will it change in the future? Maybe, maybe-not.

Ah such nostalgia. Those games were grand indeed. Shame they are mostly forgotten gems now (with the exception of a few) It really is weird.

AlastorSword

1. Yea once you open or even break the sticker seals, the warranty store/manufacturer is voided.
That's why i don't mod anything.

90284054b77ab4e0c90b230dcef9dd78.jpg
There was a 3rd party cooling fan by nyko.
It cooled the 360 by adding 3 additional fans to the 360's single internal fan.
GameStop tried claiming gamers voided the store warranty when they added the extra cooling fan YET the external fan didn't not break any seals, nor was opening the system needed.
It just simply snapped onto the vents in the back of the systems.
What's odd is GameStop sold the 3rd party external fans.

2. I do trust GameStop with games but not hardware anymore.
I also don't think they deserve alot of the bad wrap they get because of trade-Ins.
>The sad part is, I kept telling him it was a bad idea from the start. You see what happens when you don't listen to AlastorSword!? :mad: Also, an additional fan for your system? Odd I never heard of it. How recent is it? It certainly would be of use. I imagine the price and demand on it or through the roof. And Lol at GameStop trying to squeeze some additional dollars by selling and collecting. I'm glad for those people that happen to get it and not void their stores warranty. That would have been a double whammy of inconvenience and all around unfair for the customer.

>Yeah I hear some pretty harsh things about GameStop. Excluding Gravity Rush, I haven't been for years so I probably don't know how the customer service is as of late, but I do have a friend who works there and he's always thinking about what's best for us as gamers. As a matter of fact he'd probably agree with most of what has been said in these last couple of posts, despite being the one selling the products. Store policy is another thing though...

Top Bottom