• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, now that we have had about a year to mull it over. What were the Positives?

So, like or no?

• Yes

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Kinda

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

berto

I Saw the Devil
The good? Yeah, there is some good.

•The responsive commands. From 4 to 'm' they tighten the timing of the input to be more responsive and better timed with the pauses in combos.
•The weapon's mixing in combos. Yeah, it only happens with the
B_t.gif
B_t.gif
(Pause)
ps3-triangle.gif
combos, but it's still something to push things forward.
•It might not be a great game but it's certainly accessible. This, if you look at it from a certain perspective, is a great training game for people wanting to get into the series.
•The design is very hit or miss but when the game has good designs they are really good.
•Better inputs for some functions. For example, the detonating weapon. With Lucifer the game's choice of having the detonation command as + + was rather inconvenient when facing multiple enemies and limits the time when you can blast them and makes strategy more restrictive. With a + it allows an anytime use of the 'red button' to pull of the move, a better and more flexible choice.
•The camera might not be perfect but it's certainly an improvement.

Last edited:

Rolanthas

This is a mechanic that needs to be in all future DMCs, without exception. The "Mix-In" Combo Feature.

Yeah I really hope they expand upon this more. It was a very welcome addition.

Level design was pretty good for what it was trying to achieve. Yeah they lost the non linearity and the puzzles, but at least we got some interesting interactive arena setups. That may be something I'd like them to expand upon, and maybe marry the original series' exploration aspect to it at least a little bit.

Vergil was ....ing amazing. Throughout the game he acted like a disturbed man who barely contained his malice and penchant for violence, and was broken pretty thoroughly as a result. His gameplay is just in a league of its own. I find it really hard to return to Dante after VD.

Sunaka Marién

Oh, where should I even start~?

- The art direction. It's simply the most beautiful game I've ever played.
- The characters's eyes. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
- The soundtrack. I really love the fact that we've got so many battle themes, instead of only having 2 different tunes as in 3&4. Plus, it introduced me to two amazing bands :3
- The face capturing. It just adds a whole new level of quality to video games, and makes the character feel much more real.
- The story. It's deffinitely one of the better stories I've seen in video games to this date.
- Seeing the Sparda mansion.
- The dialogue. I felt like it was very natural and realistic.
- The character not only being characters, but persons.
- Poison! Yes, I actually like her.
- Shaky camera in cutscenes. I know it's nothing important but I just really like it ._.
- The lock on, or should I say, no lock on? It's much more fun to just be able to turn around and attack an enemy behind you without having to continiusly clicking the right stick to toggle between targets, it kinda gives you a feeling of freedom and control.
- Having all the moves and weapons ready on the fly, without switching styles or searching through 3 different weapons to get to the one you want.
- Being able to do aerial combat without having to be a pro.
- Finally having an actual doge button.
- The Tyrants. They amuse me. That's all :p
- The "little details", e. g. Dante making different expressions during combat, how he and some enemies sometimes stumble a little, all the scars he's got all over his body which you wouldn't even notice in game or how his coat's got so many scratces, stuff like that.
- Vergil getting his own little campaign.
-...I could continue forever, I guess, so one last thing: DANTE. I absolutely adore this version of him.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
- The soundtrack. I really love the fact that we've got so many battle themes, instead of only having 2 different tunes as in 3&4. Plus, it introduced me to two amazing bands :3

Oh sh!t! How did I forget about the music >.< That's a huge plus for me too! It made every fight sorta memorable in its own way.

The Final Offer

I'm certain alot of you have already put what I like about the game in. I have to throw this in there though.

Inverse ******* Rainstorm into Rainstorm!

I love doing that.

Top Bottom