• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, now that we have had a year to mull it over. The negatives?

Not like or Like?

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • not like

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Indiferent

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Sunaka Marién

It's the concept art of Rebellion. No doubt. When you look under concept art and the category those pictures are under is weapons.
I was talking about the picture TWOxACROSS posted, which isn't shown in game, nor was it included in the artbook, and was first seen on the official Japanese website for DmC on that post where they announced said collaboration. So no, that one very specific picture is most likely not concept art for the real Rebellion.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
They%2Blove%2Bme!%2Bthey%2Breally%2Blove%2Bme!.gif

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
The moves you suggested have properties too similar to the ones already in the game, as it stands no 2 moves do the same thing, which is what they were aiming for.

Rebellion: It's regular combo attacks on enemy unless they're close together, it's pause combo does the samething but sends them higher into the air and lifts you a bit too. It's secondary attack sends you and the enemy back to the ground.

Osiris: It's combos will hit all the enemies you have in the air because of it's 360 degree range, that's what makes it different. It's secondary attack pulls the enemies back up to you.

Aquila: Has a wide range and is basically pulls all the weaker enemies near towards you in the air with its pause combo. It's secondary attack can be used to close distance or keep enemies in the air.

Arbiter: Primary attack knocks enemies back and to the ground, it's secondary brings you and the enemy to the ground then launches it and the surrounding enemies into the air.

Eryx: Primary attack knocks enemies down then brings them back up while keeping you in the air. It's secondary brings you to the ground and attacks multiple enemies.
I'm offering suggestions; I'm not asking for those combos to actually exist.

For no two moves doing the same thing, they might not do the same thing, but some do similar things or serve the same purpose. Osiris's normal air combo, Hanger, is similar to Rebellion's Aerial Rave except Hanger knocks enemies forward while Aerial Rave knocks enemies up in an angle. Rebellion's High Time, Eryx's Uppercut, the Arbiter's Tremor, Osiris's Prop, Shredder, and Raze; and Aquilla's Big Slick all launches Dante's enemies up. The main differences are how they're performed, what area they cover, and whether or not Dante follows them. Tremor, Prop and Shredder never have Dante follow them, but High Time and Uppercut gives Dante the ability to follow them, while Raze, I think, and Big Slick always has Dante following them. Also, Uppercut and Raze can be charged while Prop and Shredder can be prolonged. In a similar case, Rebellion's Drive, the Arbiter's Flush and Aerial Flush; and Aquilla's Round Trip serve similar purposes of giving melee weapons a ranged attack. The differences are that Drive is locked to three attacks, Flush and Aerial Flush only attacks once per input, and Round Trip can be spammed. Drive has lower impact than Flush and Aerial Flush, while Round Trip has little impact but locks enemies in constant damage. Flush and Aerial Flush can't be charged while the others can. Moves don't do the same thing, but can have similar effects sometimes.

I'm just suggesting that the Arbiter and Eryx should have more attacks in the air than just an aerial version of existing moves, Flush and Tremor, or single hits from Eryx. From the Arbiter's suggestion, only the first combo does something similar to the other weapons, Osiris. The pause combo and special attacks does exactly as Drop, Helmbreaker, and Stomp in that drops the enemy and Dante to the ground. The only difference are multiple hits and Drop becoming a spin rather than another Helmbreaker that doesn't do damage while JCing. The pause combo would share Eryx's area of effect impact, while the suggestion to Drop retains Tremor's and Drop's fault line. To make a change, the normal air combo could just end with an overhead swing that launches enemies back to the ground; it could just be Aerial Flush.

As for Eryx, the normal combo does basically what Aerial Rave and Hanger does. So that's a bad suggestion. The pause combo could be used in place as the normal air combo. The Hammer could go either way as being the same as Showdown or Aerial Flush, though being the same as Showdown is pointless. Although, being similar to Aerial Flush wouldn't hurt though since the difference would be range and angle. The Hammer would send enemies directly down whereas Aerial Flush sends enemies towards an angle. Also, The Hammer would only be useful close up since Aerial Flush sends the head of Arbiter. As for a revised pause combo suggestion, it could end with Dante doing a move that sends enemies away from him completely. So, a force-field effect, anything around Dante gets sent away from Dante be they in front, below, above, to the sides, whatever. Or it just lights up enemies around him while maintaining their and Dante's position.

Still, Eryx is fine the way it is in the air, but the Arbiter having air versions of existing attacks makes me want different aerial attacks for the Arbiter. Aquilla does have an aerial version of Buy-In called Aerial Buy-In, but it still has two other moves that are different; the Arbiter has no different moves in the air. Y'know they could have called the moves something different, too. Instead of Aerial Flush they could have called it "Send Off" or something. Oh well.

Aribitrer

Arbitrer aerial flush causes a massive aoe explosion that can be used to launch targets back towards, which is quite different from the ground flush which launches targets extremely high, but only vertically. Additionally, each strike of the ground combo throws the enemies varying distances, for example, you can use the first strike of arbitrer to launch an aerial enemy above you behind you, and then you can use kabloeey to bring them back or use drive to catch them as they fall.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I can tell this thread will be filled with long essays of complaints (InncarnateDemon, etc etc) and a lot of flame wars.

And I'm waiting...
anticipating...
let the carnage come...
let me burn something...
CasLevi.jpg

I was thinking of this song playing once that happens:
:devil:
Let them all hit the FLOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRR!!!

Anyway, on topic:

DmC was an a-okay game. Wish it was made even better....

It was too easy to finish, you know??

Wish the weapons had more combos (more pause combos even), and some of it will delay the other weapons too, like with Rebellion One-Two to Arbiter Trinity Smash for example.

The bosses were too easy (except Vergil)

I never played the Vergil's Downfall DLC, since I never DLed it...

Last edited:

Captain Xin

1. The color coded enemy, there were so many times I said to the game: "Well it would be nice if you could let me use my arbiter to break those barrier from that *****."
  2. The things (enemy,environment,etc...) scrapped from the game, the concept art section contained some really legit enemy and environment design, really wish I could fight that beautiful white dragon instead of the black gooey Munduzilla in the actual game.
  3. Some missed opportunity, take the level "Bad News" for example, it felt like a roller coaster ride at the beginning(that laser firing radio tower might be one of the coolest thing I've seen in a video game), then you get to the tower, into the news channel and face Bob Barbas...There could easily be a whole level of enemy for you to slay, a whole level of obstacle waiting for you to accomplish, but what we get is an easy section of being in the television.
  4. Enemy variety, coating the same mice with blue or red doesn't mean they automatically become two types of enemy. they're still the same mice.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Can't say I disagree. How do you know so much about the game if you haven't played it?
I do a lot of research. Before I even played Ninja Gaiden, I watched a commentated Master Ninja walkthrough of Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma so I learned a lot of exploits and terms related to Ninja Gaiden and other games like I-frames (invincibility frames) and UTs (Ultimate Techniques) or how you can loop Genshin with the Lunar Staff, the Kusari-Gama's grabs being really effective on certain enemies, Tonfas being capable of dismembering Werewolves quickly, and how Enma's Fang make quick work of the Ice Dragon through it's UT. I also found out how UTs basically break the game and how they're essential on harder difficulties like Master Ninja mode. That said, it's like taking the easy way out, or making Master Ninja less frustrating. So, when I actually played it, I was more prepared than a complete newcomer to the series. That still, didn't make it any easier since while I know things about the game, I don't actually have any experience with the game. Same goes to everything else.

Anyway, I tend to do stuff like this when it comes to things I might not get a chance to play or feel apprehensive with like Ninja Gaiden and Demon's Souls, which by the way is not a difficult game, it's a game that punishes recklessness. Playing cautiously in Demon's Souls takes the frustration and difficulty way down. Games like Halo, Alan Wake, or even games like Resistance, Killzone, and Heavy Rain, I still look into even if I might never play it. For one, I might find the concept interesting like Halo, Resistance, and Alan Wake. The other reason is the story like Heavy Rain which is kind of a movie except with QTEs which I hate. Or I just want to know a bit more about it, like Killzone, and understand why people like it. I don't like Killzone or God of War, but I'm not going to rip on them because others like them and if I do, I'll point out things I don't like from playing them or seeing them in action. The whole weightiness in older Killzones and God of War's QTEs along with its rage against everything are things I don't particularly like about them. Fire Emblem, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy, and other RPGs are games I will usually look into so I can have a better grasp with their mechanics since some of them explain their mechanics poorly or don't at all. I would have never realized Sazh deals so much damage with Blitz in FFXIII if I didn't look it up or that Fire Emblem: Awakening can become a super-soldier breeding simulator.

Cars, computers, music, whatever, I'll usually research stuff about them. Before learning how to drive a manual, I looked up everything I could so it made learning much easier since I understood the mechanics of manual transmissions. Still, that didn't mean I could hop in and start racing like professionals. That sort of built up into developing an interest in automobiles and motorcycles. Computers started from wanting a better computer, to seeing how pre-built computers adds labor and brand costs - somewhere along the lines of about $200 on the actual cost of the PC -, and to learning how to build computers along with having some basic understanding of differences between graphics cards, processors, reference/non-reference GPUs, sales, etc.

Anyway, DmC: Devil May Cry was more of a special case of wanting to see Ninja Theory's work on it. After seeing video after video of combat, environment, and acting; playing the demo, and seeing people do crazy combos and the end product, I saw a great game made by a dedicated developer. I couldn't justify the unnecessary hatred of it - trolls, really angry, vocal fans, and whatnot -, but I always understood people's opinion on it. So, I ended up with some knowledge on the game despite only playing through the demo about three times.

Top Bottom