• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SO i keep hearing people say that the new dmc is short, but...

What do you think.

• Total voters

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Took me 5 hours to finish once through the main story, but I'm going back because it has lots of unlockable art.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
did you do every secret mission and get every collectible? cause that's what i'm talking about
Ah, no.>_< Just going back on harder modes to do that. My first play was a quick run through the story trying to get as many collectables as possible. Plus, some things cannot be collected on first play; have to do the game again with weapons found to open secret areas.

tone5992

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=PrNcyrkUA-o&feature=endscreen
all complete walkthroughs including collectables and secret missions
the past games are all less than five hours long not counting four which is 8-10 hours long where is the logic in these arguments? -_-
The logic is some people can breeze through devil may cry like it's nothing.(like those game play's posted) This combat isn't exactly new.. or challeging... but IMO devil may cry games were always tooo short. All of them. It's a great series.Think of it like this.Their are some people who "REALLY LIKE" devil may cry and we don't want to go too long without the next. GOW is good. Bayonetta is good.But it is no Devil may cry. I am hoping that sense DLC is a big thing for Capcom they can add in more stuff.But it's all in due time..

AlchemistFromEden

You're also posting high level players people who are doing walkthroughs. That'll teach ME to watch only a few seconds of a video. Most people take about 8-10 hours to beat DMC3 the first time.
its the same guy, and the only good example, he's not a super hardcore player, he's decent, which most hack and slash players are, not to mention, those games are more difficult, and yet they're still shorter

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I don't see how these videos hold any support for the argument. The guy has clearly played the games beforehand so he knows what to do ahead of time. I think the thing most people are annoyed at is that the new DmC takes this kind of time on a first playthrough with no knowledge of what is going to happen.

P.S. I haven't even got my hands on the game yet so I'm not sure, I just wanted to point out these videos seem pretty invalid for backing up the point, regardless of my view on the matter.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Yeah DmC might be a bit shorter than the other games and about 5 years ago that would have been like a major deal breaker for me, but I'm older now. I have a job, bills, and school, and i'm a freelance illustrator so I honestly just dont have a crap ton of time to spend on a 20 hour ACTION game. I can still make time for stuff like the Witcher and Dragon's Dogma in those rare instances that I have a break but sometime spending just half an hour playing a mission or two just seem much more appealing to me and I know I am not alone in that sentiment

Also lets be honest DMC4 was really only 11 missions with a few more in reverse to pad the game time for us.

DarkSlayer54

I don't see how these videos hold any support for the argument. The guy has clearly played the games beforehand so he knows what to do ahead of time. I think the thing most people are annoyed at is that the new DmC takes this kind of time on a first playthrough with no knowledge of what is going to happen.

P.S. I haven't even got my hands on the game yet so I'm not sure, I just wanted to point out these videos seem pretty invalid for backing up the point, regardless of my view on the matter.
The video I posted was to show that a complete pro could beat DMC1 in roughly an hour and a half including loading times. It's simply there to show that DMC1 was a short game, yet... it's one of the best to some. So really, the point of the video is to show that even if DmC ends up being really short on a speed run, it could still be the best DmC out of them all.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
The video I posted was to show that a complete pro could beat DMC1 in roughly an hour and a half including loading times. It's simply there to show that DMC1 was a short game, yet... it's one of the best to some. So really, the point of the video is to show that even if DmC ends up being really short on a speed run, it could still be the best DmC out of them all.
Yep, length does not always equate quality. I really like Castlevania Lords Of Shadows but it was so long. The idea of an action game being as long as an rpg just really turns me off these days.

Soupie

To be honest, in terms of gameplay time DMC4 lasted around 8 hours on my first playthrough. A quick look at my Bayonetta game time records show that I finished the Normal campaign in a short 5 hours. RE5 was 5 hours long, and each campaign in RE6 took me around 6 hours. At this point, I think 5-6 hours is rather normal for arcade-ish games such as these that have point systems and whatnot.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to judge a game for how long it plays out. To me it's more the fact that the point being made in this thread uses videos to support It that, in my opinion, I would deem invalid for the argument. As said before the original videos posted show someone that has already played those games before (And clearly shows it too), which is hardly a good comparison to counter someone saying their first time with DmC was too short.

Nekodark

I got the game Monday at 3pm and just had to stop playing just now and it is 1:09am Tuesday..and I am still not done with the game. lol

Top Bottom