• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So I Just Finished Enslaved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

^ Well drat it looks like I did. BTW, do you have a link to Capcom saying that? Just because I hadn't heard that until now and I'm interested.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Meg;295395 said:
^ Well drat it looks like I did. BTW, do you have a link to Capcom saying that? Just because I hadn't heard that until now and I'm interested.

Ask MV, she's the one who said it. I've heard it said before too, but I always forgot to ask for a link.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Storm Silves;295385 said:
Like MV said, NT is only handling the looks and the story. Capcom is handling the gameplay.

Wrong. Where the hell is people getting this idea from? Ninja Theory is DEVELOPING it, not Capcom. Capcom are only supervising and publishing the project. Ninja Theory is developing this in the same vein as MercurySteam developing Castlevania Lords of Shadow. This has been confirmed in like every, single, freaking interview.

This isn't up for debate, Ninja Theory is developing it...and this isn't the first time Capcom had someone develop their games in with Capcom supervising *cough*DeadRising2*cough*.

This even been confirmed on Capcom-Unity dude.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Alright, jeez. Don't have to be up in my face about it.

Dead Rising 2 was awesome, though.

Meg

^I don't think he meant to be up in your face about it. :/

Esura, or anyone really, do you have the link to Capcom saying that? Just cause it would be helpful if this issue gets brought up again.

Esura

Storm Silves;295466 said:
Alright, jeez. Don't have to be up in my face about it.

Dead Rising 2 was awesome, though.
Its not you personally, I just keep hearing people say that recently out of no where when its not even reinforced by any interview. Purely wishful thinking imo.
Meg;295467 said:
^I don't think he meant to be up in your face about it. :/
I didn't. I'm sorry Storm Silves. :(

Esura, or anyone really, do you have the link to Capcom saying that? Just cause it would be helpful if this issue gets brought up again.
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/09/15/capcom-announces-ninja-theorys-dmc/
Capcom confirmed the reboot is in development by Heavenly Sword creators Ninja Theory

http://blog.machinima.com/insidegaming/2010/09/15/ninja-theory-developing-dmc-devil-may-cry-reboot/
Increasingly prolific indie developers Ninja Theory have now partnered with Capcom to develop the next Devil May Cry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DmC_Devil_May_Cry
DmC Devil May Cry is an upcoming action game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Capcom for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[1] It will be the first title in the series not to be developed internally at Capcom.[2] Instead, development will be handled by the English studio Ninja Theory, while the Japanese and American branches of Capcom will supervise the production creatively and logistically, respectively.[2]
Has links to sources as well.

I could link a bunch more as well if you want.

And Meg, my Enslaved going to come in soon so I'm going to play it, then write a review on it. It was cheap so...shnit or not, its not breaking the bank :lol:

Meg

^Thanks for the links, Esura! :D And I look forward to your review. ^_^

Esura

Last thing I reviewed was Uncharted 2. I got chewed out for my....review. Lets just say I didn't praise it as the second coming of Christ like every other gamer.

Meg

^Let me guess, you weren't pleased with how it didn't do anything different and was just a combo of other games with good voice acting?

I love Uncharted 2, but I can understand why someone wouldn't like it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Errrr....yeah :huh: All the links and excerpts quoted basically state what I said. It was in an official interview with a rep from Capcom (I forgot his name) and NT that it was voiced that Capcom are still pretty much still in full control (which means they have the last say on everything NT does) but that the creative side of things have been shrugged off onto NT. So, NT is developing the game yeah, but they're not going it alone. The final product will have NT style stamped all over it BUT Capcom will leave their mark there too. The link to the interview was posted on the forum in another thread somewhere, I think. Or I might have found it on youtube. Or I might have heard it from NT. I can't remember, bad memory, sorry :(

Meg

^Oh its alright. I think the thing to do now is to wait for more info. ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Esura;295490 said:
I didn't. I'm sorry Storm Silves. :(

It's okay, I should be the one saying sorry. I was in an irritable mood at that moment, and you just happened to set me off a bit. Sorry.

Esura

Meg;295501 said:
^Let me guess, you weren't pleased with how it didn't do anything different and was just a combo of other games with good voice acting?

I love Uncharted 2, but I can understand why someone wouldn't like it.
Well, I liked Uncharted 2, but I did not give it the extreme praise most people I know did. I pointed out its flaws...which ****ed fanboys off I supposed. People say I low scored it...but it wasnt actually low, it was 7/10.

Master Vergil;295511 said:
Errrr....yeah :huh: All the links and excerpts quoted basically state what I said. It was in an official interview with a rep from Capcom (I forgot his name) and NT that it was voiced that Capcom are still pretty much still in full control (which means they have the last say on everything NT does) but that the creative side of things have been shrugged off onto NT. So, NT is developing the game yeah, but they're not going it alone. The final product will have NT style stamped all over it BUT Capcom will leave their mark there too. The link to the interview was posted on the forum in another thread somewhere, I think. Or I might have found it on youtube. Or I might have heard it from NT. I can't remember, bad memory, sorry :(
Do you have ANY clue on how these developer/publisher relationship works? When a publisher hires a developer to work on their existing IP, the publisher are ALWAYS in full control so thats nothing new. Its just the matter of how much freedom and leniency they give the developer. Take Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Konami had Kojima oversee the project, but MercurySteam in an interview after release stated that other than the Japanese localization, Kojima gave them free reign. Note that before...there was inteviews saying that Konami and Kojima will have a strong influence on the game.

Remember, this game is first and foremost being created BY Ninja Theory with the funding and approval of Capcom. Ninja Theory WILL be making the gameplay, as it has been stated before, this game is outsourced. Execpt for Dead Rising 2, almost every single game Capcom outsourced flopped big time (Dark Void, Bionic Commando, and some other game I forgot). And considering that Ninja Theory makes...average games, there are reasons to worry.

That said, if Capcom is involved as much as they were in the development of Dead Rising 2, this might not turn out bad. Although, going from this teaser trailer alone and a few interviews makes it seem like they are giving Ninja Theory much more creative freedom over DmC than Blue Castle Games over Dead Rising 2.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the most important decision so far was made by Capcom. it was their idea to compleatly change Dante. Ninja Theory made the look, but if they would have been given complete creative freedom Dante would look alot like he did in the other games. Ninja Theory is probably smart enough to avoid any major changes to gameplay ( unless capcom tells them to do something stupid again)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Meg;294898 said:
All I have to say is that I don't get what the hype is about.

All that said I can't help but be concerned with NT being the ones to make the new Devil May Cry game. I feel like even the people who like the changes so far should be a little worried if Enslaved is anything to go by.

This is exactly what I have been worried about all along. I haven't played Enslaved, and I didn't buy it out of a bunch of other stuff I could have for Christmas because the demo really didn't impress me at all - horrible screen tear and very limited-looking controls, and awful lighting/contrast that hurt my eyes after five minutes - the demo is supposed to showcase what should make you wanna buy this game. And now you say the characters are okay but nothing special with nothing much explored...

I fear for DmC. Will it be all hype with no real meat on it? Will it lack the 'magic' and attention to detail of some of the other DMC games? might it actually feel horrible to play with a badly-designed control system and suffer the same problems Enslaved does? I fear so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom