• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So has anyone read Dead or Alive 4: Devil Factor?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2761647/1/Dead-or-Alive-4-The-Devil-Factor

It was fanfic that started back in 2006. I didn't start reading it until late 2007. The guy who made it went on hiatus in 2012, and didn't start updating again until after DMC 5's announcement. The fic itself is greatly written and has length chapters. Obviously, it's crossover between DMC, Ninja Gaiden, and the DOA universe. The story has characters from DMC 1-3 (sorry fans of 4, no Nero). The fic was made before DMC4 was announced. For a quick synopsis, the story starts about demons attacking Kasumi's village. Hayate and Ryu Hayabusa Dante for help, as Kasumi's, Hayate's, and Ayane's mother gets captured from the raid. Dante ends up having to teaming up with Kasumi and Ayane, and any one who was familiar up to that point with DOA, knows they didn't get along, more so on the latter's part. There is more going on later, but I don't want to spoil it. The fic gets the personalities of all the characters right, and seeing Dante interact with the cast of the DOA character his hilarious. Especially when his snark annoys them or ****ses them off. It's usually to the DOA characters that are jerks in-universe, but he will snark at the kinder characters too. For those who are interests, I give it a huge reccomendation. The story is 41 chapters and counting.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@BrawlMan
I thought it was great. He did 3 other fanfics as well. I didn't read the mass effect one but the dead or alive spinoff and the DMC prequel were just as good.

Shame he never finished any.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@BrawlMan
I thought it was great. He did 3 other fanfics as well. I didn't read the mass effect one but the dead or alive spinoff and the DMC prequel were just as good.

Shame he never finished any.

The Dead or Alive spin-off he is continuing as well, but the Mass Effect story and DMC prequel are as dead as a door nail. I didn't care much for the Mass Effect fic, but I was interested in the latter. But he lost passion and interest, so they went bye-bye.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I miss his writing. He was the person who inspired me to do my own Devil May Cry x DOA fanfic with DmC: Devil may Cry and DOA5.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I miss his writing. He was the person who inspired me to do my own Devil May Cry x DOA fanfic with DmC: Devil may Cry and DOA5.

You're the same guy who did the crossover with DOA5 and DmC? You deserve major props. You made reboot!Dante more likeable in this fic than the game. Let me know whenever you decide to update again.

DragonMaster2010

You're the same guy who did the crossover with DOA5 and DmC? You deserve major props. You made reboot!Dante more likeable in this fic than the game. Let me know whenever you decide to update again.
Right now Im focused on finishing it at least before the year is up.

DragonMaster2010

Take your time, life happens. But if you can get it done before the years ends, go for it.
But I do want an opinion on something; would you say Dante and Vergil's relationship is genuine? Actually I don't even know what chapter you're on so :hungover:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
But I do want an opinion on something; would you say Dante and Vergil's relationship is genuine? Actually I don't even know what chapter you're on so :hungover:

I know it's been a while, but I did read chapter 44. As for Dante and Vergil's relationship, you developed it well. I'll have to go back and look at some chapters again, but how I felt when reading for the first time was "This guy nailed the relationship for the version of these characters". The people in the comments section seem to agree.

Top Bottom