• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So, About that Batgirl Variant Cover

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
BG-Cv41-Joker-variant-solicitation-88c4e-31e8d-674x1024.jpg

How do you feel about it? I don't see the big deal and think it shouldn't have been pulled.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. I know there are comic readers out there.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Shouldn't have been pulled. Any hostage would be terrified especially when they're the Joker's hostage. It gives me a migraine how overly sensitive people are these days.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Well I see a #ComicGate on the horizon and I'll gladly support it.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Considering what happens to Barbara Gordon in the actual comic, I'd say this is a pretty tame spoonful of the content found within the story itself.

But of course, like all things---movies, video games, comics---sheltered Tumblr-tards and social justice snow-flakes will look at something, regardless of the context, and freak out on impulse. For people that demand social justice and an end to generalizations and stigmas, they're acting very judgmental in a very dogmatic, hostile way. Kind of like the way the misinformed racist or misogynist boogieman that they like to shriek about.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Damn that cover. I like it, but some people....it's not even the wost thing to happen to her....like getting shot in the back causing her to be paralyzed from the hip down...yeah...

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Damn that cover. I like it, but some people....it's not even the wost thing to happen to her....like getting shot in the back causing her to be paralyzed from the hip down...yeah...
She's literally stripped naked and tortured in the actual comic...all while video-taped to mentally-torture Commissioner Gordon.

How on earth is this one COVER the worst thing to happen to Batgirl?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
She's literally stripped naked and tortured in the actual comic...all while video-taped to mentally-torture Commissioner Gordon.

How on earth is this one COVER the worst thing to happen to Batgirl?
BUT YOU DON'T GET IT. IT WAS ON THE COVER...MY CHILD MIGHT SEE THAT. I DON'T WANT TO EXPOSE MY 23 YEAR OLD SON TO THAT KIND OF MISOGYNY

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I don't see an issue with the cover. Joker's supposed to be scary and psycho. As said before, how is this the worse thing to happen to Babs as far as Joker is concerned?

Good lord, it's a comic. Allow it to be entertainment. Allow it to occasionally cross lines.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
LOL. I want Jimquisition to do the entire SH2 script with those voices!

Falsetto Opera: "I'M HERE FOR YOU JAMES. SEE?? I'M RRREEAAAL!"

Off-topic: See, this is why I prefer his brand of criticism over "Twin Perfect's" -- it's because he doesn't come off as condescending, a perfectionist, or rude.

Anyway, I'm neither for nor against the change; that's life.

Top Bottom