• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silent Hill: Homecoming (SH5)

Sparda™

I wasn't aware that the tittle would come up so soon. It is 30th of September the release date of Konami's survival-horror series Silent Hill.

Official Website

The game will be released on the PS3, X360 and the PC! YAY! :D

Well, personally I like the series. I'm pretty sure there are some SH fans here...:D

PS3 Screenshot

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
And here I was thinking Silent Hill 5 was in the hands of phenomenal idiots and would never be released, well, I'm looking forward to this story, assuming it's not a trip down fail avenue like the series has been since SH2.

Eh, I'm looking forward to this, let us see if optimism about games pays off.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I don't like how SH5 looks AT ALL. It's not even made by the same team, but Konami in America. Everyone know's the Japanese make the best games. This game better not fail, because it doesn't look gritty and sharp like the others.

Sparda™

I've seen the recent trailers and they look gritty and sharp to me...:lol:

But yeah, after SH2, the titles were like down-falling. I liked Silent Hill: Origins though.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
News Flash: Silent Hill: Homecoming has ALREADY been banned in Australia and it hasn't been released yet.

Another prime example of countries jumping on to band wagon issues. -Sigh-

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I'm sick of the cencorship, the same happened with Manhunt 2, it was banned here in the UK so I never got a taste. They'll allow hinted sex in commercials and videos, but games will apparently make children "go around killing people". If that were true, then i'd be stabbing people with swords already. I'm still doubtful of SH5, it doesn't look gritty to me and Americanized. I liked SH2 and SH3 most.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Oh god no, Silent Hill: Origins was a crappy redesign of the game for the PSP, it was never an official sequel, sure, it's still part of the storyline, but Konami have this little issue with marking their sequels.

You see, they go by the "Because I Say So" rule of sequel numbering, or more often known as the Capcom method, by their logic it goes like this.

Silent Hill 1.
Silent Hill 2.
Silent Hill 3.
Silent Hill 4: The Room.
Silent Hill: Origins.
Silent Hill: Homecoming.

So technically, I suppose this isn't even Silent Hill 5, because it's not officially numbered, jeez...Wait for Silent Hill 5 to actually be released and then see the logic come in to play, because 7 installments will logically make the next one number 5.

/Facepalm.

Go Konami, shine on you crazy diamonds...Let me get the mop, the sarcasm was dripping off that one.

i was reading about silent hill orgins or zero and found out that they have made the same thing that capcom did with resident evil

Sparda™

The game producer, I think, stated that this Silent Hill wouldn't be having a number, but rather a subtitle.

As for the censorship, the release date for Germany was postponed till the Q2 of 2009. It seems the German authorities have made more strict rules about 'violent video games'...:dry:

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Silent Hill is way to weird for me and creeps me the f@#@ out, so I'm not a fan of the series. The new game looks ok though.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Angelo Credo;126291 said:
Oh god no, Silent Hill: Origins was a crappy redesign of the game for the PSP, it was never an official sequel, sure, it's still part of the storyline, but Konami have this little issue with marking their sequels.

You see, they go by the "Because I Say So" rule of sequel numbering, or more often known as the Capcom method, by their logic it goes like this.

Silent Hill 1.
Silent Hill 2.
Silent Hill 3.
Silent Hill 4: The Room.
Silent Hill: Origins.
Silent Hill: Homecoming.

So technically, I suppose this isn't even Silent Hill 5, because it's not officially numbered, jeez...Wait for Silent Hill 5 to actually be released and then see the logic come in to play, because 7 installments will logically make the next one number 5.

/Facepalm.

Go Konami, shine on you crazy diamonds...Let me get the mop, the sarcasm was dripping off that one.

Isn't that from Yahtzee quotes?

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Yeah, Yahtzee annoys me also, I don't really find him funny or witty.
And put it this way Esura, SH is one of the most disturbing and creepy games you could play. I highly reccomend it.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Some of it, it doesn't make it any less true though, I dislike the whole method of making a million games in a series and declaring the next one will be number 5.

It just irritates the hell out of me really.

What irks me more, is the Australian censorship before it's even released, it makes me want to move there less and less...Although it's not stopping people importing it from other countries, so I ask you, what the hell is the point?

Sparda™

^ What about Germany?! The release date was banned till the second quarter of 2009!!!

As for the chronological order:

Silent Hill 0: Origins
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Silent Hill 5: Homecoming

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
At least Germany will actually GET the game at some point, as opposed to Australia who will never officially get it in stores, and that's been decided before, as I've said, it's even released, which is substantially worse than throwing on months to the release date.

Top Bottom