• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should we not introduce lady in this franchise?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It hasn't. But that doesn't mean it can't do its own thing.

Its just a minor gripe with the title of the thread. DmC is still a part of the Devil May Cry franchise and owned by Capcom don't think for a second its a Ninja Theory IP. If Capcom wants Lady or a Lady-like character in it she will be in it and if Ninja Theory doesn't compromise then they will be replaced or Capcom will do it themselves.

Note: when I say Capcom only like a few people not the entire company. You can't blame the janitor who works there as well if one team decides to F*ck up one game.

It can do whatever the hell it wants. New franchise or not. It can even be a dating simulator....nothing is stopping it. Nothing stopped MegaMan from being a RPG or a sandbox where you can kick dogs.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I think Kat has already filled the role of Lady so there's no real need to add her. Trish of course is one that definitely needs to be added.

how does Kat ( always a close ally, support role, magic, sweet, kind personality), fill the same role as Lady (former minor antagonist, occasional ally, physical combat, weapons, greedy, tsundere, aggressive personality)
remember there are roughly 7 billion humans and slightly over half of them are female so being a human woman isn't a specific role. Kat and Lady have no distinctive traits in common. Trish also needs to show up but that is not the topic of this thread.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
how does Kat ( always a close ally, support role, magic, sweet, kind personality), fill the same role as Lady (former minor antagonist, occasional ally, physical combat, weapons, greedy, tsundere, aggressive personality)
remember there are roughly 7 billion humans and slightly over half of them are female so being a human woman isn't a specific role. Kat and Lady have no distinctive traits in common. Trish also needs to show up but that is not the topic of this thread.

Well I mean Kat fills the role for Lady in the sense that she's one of the only humans in DmC who's out there with Dante in fighting the demons, and if she really learned about to fight, then she'd be filling the part as Lady in some way.

EvilX-81

Just stumbles out from the office. "O-okay...Ah'm here...wurrrs the demonzzz...?" Dante says with a slur, holding Rebellion by the wrong end.

I would pay money for this to be the basis of a DMC story. Dante poisoned by demon elixir in his beer during a friday night, searching for an antidote while also caught up in world saving mission. Devil May Row or something.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well I mean Kat fills the role for Lady in the sense that she's one of the only humans in DmC who's out there with Dante in fighting the demons, and if she really learned about to fight, then she'd be filling the part as Lady in some way.

Kat works closely with Dante the entire time contributing in ways no one else can. Lady mostly does her own thing and occasionally ends up killing a few lesser demons that would have delayed Dante being able to deal with the main threat.
Lady and Kat both oppose demons but the completely different ways the two of them do that put them in different roles along with the massive personality differences and differing relationships with Dante. Kat trying to fight like Lady would be redundant and mostly useless. she is a human with normal human ability (and if DmC2 wants to be really realistic that bullet through the shoulder is going to permanently affect how well she can move that arm.) who is constantly near a nephilim with very high combat ability. however she is very helpful doing the things she did in DmC so there is no reason for her to switch to focusing on something she can't do well enough to be worth doing.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
no, because Kat is basically rebooted lady. She killed her father (who was possessed by demons or something, probably arkham-like character), her appearance is similar too, short short, with a tube in her back (a stencil thingy for Kat and Kalina-ann for Lady). Trish on the other hand....

hell, they could make trish a redhead!

I was going to say pretty much this ^
Oh, and Yessssss redheads rule!

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
Lady only became Greedy because of DMC4, a game which butchered her personality. Though Kat may not fire handguns as good as Lady she does have Lady's conviction against demons and what they've done to her life. Lady even in the DMC 3 manga was very nice as well. Also, though Kat can't defend herself as good as Lady, she's not totally afraid to go near where demons inhabit and put her life in danger. Remember, Dante is in Limbo where he's practically safe, Kat is alone and sure as hell Vergil won't do anything if she gets caught. She knows the risk and does it anyway because she has strong beliefs to bring the demons down.

So no there's no need for Lady, but Kat does need to protect herself better when Dante is not around. Maybe she can be a more magic based character.

About having a Trish in this universe. I'm not so sure. We barely know about the original Trish. Original Trish has barely a personality and she's not as good of a character as DMC 3 Lady. Maybe they should just come up with an original character that's not based on any of the original DMC characters for a change.

Reactions: Gel

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Its just a minor gripe with the title of the thread. DmC is still a part of the Devil May Cry franchise and owned by Capcom don't think for a second its a Ninja Theory IP. If Capcom wants Lady or a Lady-like character in it she will be in it and if Ninja Theory doesn't compromise then they will be replaced or Capcom will do it themselves.

Note: when I say Capcom only like a few people not the entire company. You can't blame the janitor who works there as well if one team decides to F*ck up one game.

It can do whatever the hell it wants. New franchise or not. It can even be a dating simulator....nothing is stopping it. Nothing stopped MegaMan from being a RPG or a sandbox where you can kick dogs.

Sadly, many people generalize a whole group of people for the blame too (as in this case with Capcom; it could be Alex Jones)... This makes me want to lose my faith in my fellow humankind...
But if anyone has a problem with NT, put the blame on Tameem Antoinaides!

You're mentioning MegaMan Legends. God, you made me remember my childhood!

Anyway, any more thoughts of my idea of Lady reintroduced as Mary Magdalene? No, this isn't the one from Christian lore. As what someone replied me about it, she would be different from her original namesake.

BTW, I have returned from a long hiatus around here!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sadly, many people generalize a whole group of people for the blame too (as in this case with Capcom; it could be Alex Jones)... This makes me want to lose my faith in my fellow humankind...
But if anyone has a problem with NT, put the blame on Tameem Antoinaides!

You're mentioning MegaMan Legends. God, you made me remember my childhood!

Anyway, any more thoughts of my idea of Lady reintroduced as Mary Magdalene? No, this isn't the one from Christian lore. As what someone replied me about it, she would be different from her original namesake.

BTW, I have returned from a long hiatus around here!
what was your idea again?

Top Bottom