• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should DMC support multi-player and open world?

Should DMC go multi-player and open world?

• Yes that would be great

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No DMC should remain single -player and should not be open world

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well Ninja Gaiden had it, at it was really fun. I think two player bloody palace would be cool because i need help with it anyways
as for open world... i think the combat would have to be changed greatly.
If its like prototype with dante's combat, i think that would be cool too

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Well Ninja Gaiden had it, at it was really fun. I think two player bloody palace would be cool because i need help with it anyways

That's actually an interesting idea.

Best I've done was level 640 in DMC 3. DMC 4 I made it to like level 10., RofL. Mostly because DMC 4 is timed based, rather than DMC 3's survive to the next portal. In DMC 3, I also used the 10 level portals, not the 100 or the 1.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I beat DMC4's palace, but i had infinite devil trigger with Nero... and automatic:(
and with dmc3, i cant even remember, but i know there wasnt a rank for it...:(

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
DMC 4's BP is actually a lot harder because in order to kill stuff fast you gotta know the combos, which I suck at. LoL. But the multiplayer angle would be really interesting to see. But as it is, DMC open world multiplayer could be a possibility if done correctly, even though the foundation for it doesn't really exist story wise.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Cool (show off) your amazing :mad:
i got to 16?? today in dmc3 and still got nothing WTF?

In DMC 3's Bloody Palace, you can choose to move up by 1, 10 or 100 floors. There's a 1000 floors I believe. Yeah, you can jump to the top in 10 floors, but after floor 400 or so, you really start encountering tougher enemies. Floor 600 onward, you get the devil-triggered pain in the ass enemies you hated fighting in the game. I'm assuming you're only going up 1 floor at a time. I always use the 10 floor gates. So when I hit 640, that was 64 battles from the start. If you had used the 10 floor gates, you'd be on floor 160 instead of 16.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
In DMC 3's Bloody Palace, you can choose to move up by 1, 10 or 100 floors. There's a 1000 floors I believe. Yeah, you can jump to the top in 10 floors, but after floor 400 or so, you really start encountering tougher enemies. Floor 600 onward, you get the devil-triggered pain in the ass enemies you hated fighting in the game. I'm assuming you're only going up 1 floor at a time. I always use the 10 floor gates. So when I hit 640, that was 64 battles from the start. If you had used the 10 floor gates, you'd be on floor 160 instead of 16.
nope, the fire took me up 100 floors and when i'd get low health i'd take the water which gave me a health and when i got enough health, i'd go up another 100... so... yea.. i died at arkham. i can never beat him by myself, and i only use gunslinger

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
nope, the fire took me up 100 floors and when i'd get low health i'd take the water which gave me a health and when i got enough health, i'd go up another 100... so... yea.. i died at arkham. i can never beat him by myself, and i only use gunslinger

Ahhh... OK. I forget how many floors there actually are in the BP in DMC 3. 10000 maybe? I know it's a lot. 1000 seems low now that I think about it. I usually got my butt kicked by Vergil. LoL

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I can’t see how it would work, or rather, haven’t got the imagination to make it work. They did it for Assassin’s Creed though, I haven’t played it but my friend said it was good.

I wouldn’t mind seeing loads of Dante’s and Virgil’s in different outfits running around trying to kill each other :)

Oh and what Meg said about co-op could be interesting.

DMC_Freak

Yes I'm a DMC Freak XD
I dont think multiplayer would fit dmc. Nowadays, multiplayer is somewhat forced into some games and doesnt work very well.

They could try a open world dmc, that may work fine if they keep gameplay similar

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I dont think multiplayer would fit dmc. Nowadays, multiplayer is somewhat forced into some games and doesnt work very well.

They could try a open world dmc, that may work fine if they keep gameplay similar
I think its very hard to make a game open world and have such a deep combat system like dmc. But given time, anything is possible. Dmc, to me, was a very moody game when it came out, and keeping a certain tone to a game becomes difficult if the player can roam anywhere they want too. But after playing Batman AC, who knows.
NG sigma 2 had multiplayer in it, but it was all staged/arena type. So if Bloody Palace had a multiplayer element to it, i think that would be pretty cool

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
side quest i think should replace the secret missions. The secret missions seemed to much like a gimic. But side quest can actually built more on character development, and is more fun getting experience or orbs

Top Bottom