• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should DMC support multi-player and open world?

Should DMC go multi-player and open world?

• Yes that would be great

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No DMC should remain single -player and should not be open world

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

aoshi

Hi,

Some games are moving towards multi-player modes such as Resident evil and Assassins creed. So should Devil may cry go multi-player?

Also Should DMC have an open world gameplay like assassins creed?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
They could go right ahead and try it, IMO. So long as the gameplay is the same, having an open world and multiplayer would just be icing on an already awesome cake.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I think games like this should avoid multiplayer at all costs, it doesnt fit with the game and often leads to development teams being split up and the single player game suffering at the hand of it. Makes the multiplayer seem tacked on and thins out the single player experience. If a game is built from the start with both multiplayer and single player in mind then fair enough but i dont think every game should include it merely because others do. The Darkness, Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena & Bioshock 2 are 3 examples of my favourite games that didnt need multiplayer but it was added anyway & was either half arsed or i didnt bother with it as it felt tacked on.

Reanbell

Your very own star
Noo, that's an awful idea. Mercenaries in RE is awesome, but DMC multiplayer? I just don't see that working. I think it would be a plan gone horribly wrong if they ever decided to do that. Kind of like how Silent Hill might come out with a multiplayer. It's going to absolutely bomb, because it takes away the whole feeling and experience of Silent Hill. The story line usually revolves around one character, and then the SH world is created to suit that person. Having multiple people join in on that, just ruins it. I think it's kind of the same for DMC. It would ruin the story, ruin the feel. :c

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
mutiplayer fits in some games, it does not fit in Devil May Cry. it would be tacked on no matter what. there is really no reason to even think about putting mutiplayer in Devil May Cry.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
open world would be coo and i think that DmC is going that route which might work out given NT's strengths.
MNultiplayer wouldn't work since 1000 Dantes running around gets old real fast.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
No Like it was said it wouldn't work multi-player wise AC works because it's assassins with the same simple weapons and skills wheras with dante you have style lots of weapons through different games LIke they said it wasn't built with multiplayer in mind

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Noo, that's an awful idea. Mercenaries in RE is awesome, but DMC multiplayer? I just don't see that working. I think it would be a plan gone horribly wrong if they ever decided to do that. Kind of like how Silent Hill might come out with a multiplayer. It's going to absolutely bomb, because it takes away the whole feeling and experience of Silent Hill. The story line usually revolves around one character, and then the SH world is created to suit that person. Having multiple people join in on that, just ruins it. I think it's kind of the same for DMC. It would ruin the story, ruin the feel. :c

Instead of being Dante or the other character, you will start with a new girl- or boydevil as a "devilhunter" that takes place in demonworld where you must kill to survive with a small storyline..

And you must protect your own territory with devil that works for you to defeat other onlineplayers that also elvolves by getting ex points..
Or you can steal or take over somebodys territory from onlineplayers by defeating the devils that protect that place.. and if the territorys owner is online than you will have to face him to as the last boss before you can take over the place..

Or maybe make it like WoW..

What do you think???

Blitz

Heeeeey.
HELL YEAH!!!
Multyplayer, IF it were like SSBB(Survival with many Nintendo characters), They could try,ROFL.

Open world, WHO doesn't want it? Prototype-like, please.

Osaka

trollololol
DMC having an open world? Yeah, I can picture it working (I mean I've already said in another thread that I'd like to see some form of DMC RPG after the taster of Lucifers Call.) But having multiplayer? No thanks, it's just not needed.

Meg

Co-op in DMC might be interesting. They'd have to do more with it then just throw 2 players in the same level and go TA DA! though. Like maybe have moves and combos that require two people or maybe certain bonus areas? OR! Co-op Bloody Palace to make lives easier.

Maybe?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I agree with Dark Drakan.

Come on, Why mess with a format that works?
(Plus it'll include trophies that can only be earned online.)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Co-op might open up a lot of potential for kickass overkill combos but I don't think open world is a good idea for DMC at the moment. When I play DMC I am not playing it thinking "man why do I always have to go where the mission tells me to!?" There was never a feeling of restriction there so I don't see the point in messing with it.

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
Instead of being Dante or the other character, you will start with a new girl- or boydevil as a "devilhunter" that takes place in demonworld where you must kill to survive with a small storyline..

And you must protect your own territory with devil that works for you to defeat other onlineplayers that also elvolves by getting ex points..
Or you can steal or take over somebodys territory from onlineplayers by defeating the devils that protect that place.. and if the territorys owner is online than you will have to face him to as the last boss before you can take over the place..

Or maybe make it like WoW..

What do you think???

Chrysander

Sandbox is one thing, and could have some entertainment value without destroying the core of the game. I can't say the same for multiplayer.

Though I think that fundamentally, DMC is about being in a room / arena, killing everything until the door unlocks, then moving to the next room / arena... that formula is fine. The focus is the combat, and that's what should be expanded, not the bits in between and how you come to your next fight, it's almost completely surplus.

Top Bottom