• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should DMC support multi-player and open world?

Should DMC go multi-player and open world?

• Yes that would be great

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No DMC should remain single -player and should not be open world

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Multiplayer would be terrible on a DMC game, it would be boring because it would be too easy that a few hunters come in a room and destroy a boss or a horde of demons like if they were the sons of Sparda.

Open world sounds better, it would only need more barriers to be created on fights, and that the attacks don't end with a massive knockback.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I really would think multiplayer would be a good idea. Hopefully it's local multiplayer. Having a large selection of characters (Dante, Vergil, Nero, Trish, Lady, Sparda, and a bunch of demons sprinkled in from the other games along with whatever new demons were in the game) would be amazing. It's been my dream to have a hack n' slash multiplayer game so that I could finally play DMC with my brother. DMC3's Doppelganger was a good start, but the screen didn't split and thus it was hard to see the second player. If you could implement that except with a split screen, it would be much, much more fun.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
A open multiplayer DMC world would just not feel right in my honest opinion.

So I voted NO.

Chrysander

A spin-off multiplayer game that used the same combat engine - yes please. Most online games have awful fighting engines, so I'd be interested to see that. But I don't want to see it as the next Devil May Cry in the series, just a side thing.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If Capcom wants to throw in a 2 player ability (Like you play the story mode as Dante and a second player can jump in as let's say Vergil and the two of you can kill demons together than that would be cool) But other than that DMC is a solo adventure. One Bad A@s Devil Hunter is enough 2 whoop Demon butt. Plus if it were many player than everyone would be fighting to get more kills than one another and that wouldn't be fun because were barely getting by killing demons alone, more people would just be chaos lol.

aka958

Don't trust people
Multiplayer would be terrible on a DMC game, it would be boring because it would be too easy that a few hunters come in a room and destroy a boss or a horde of demons like if they were the sons of Sparda.

Open world sounds better, it would only need more barriers to be created on fights, and that the attacks don't end with a massive knockback.

If it was multiplayer the strength of certain enemies would increase to be able to handle several players at once. If a second player joins the difficulty automatically adjusts to handle 2 players and still keep the same difficulty level. .-.

Open world sounds... in my opinion, quite awful. I don't want every game to be open world like The Elder Scrolls, I have no idea why everyone wants that either. It gets so repetetive revisiting areas over and over and over and over and over and over again. <.<
Let's not forget how annoying it is when the massive open world uses the same textures for 50% of all the areas so you can never pinpoint where the hell you are. .-.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
personally I've wanted a multiplayer Bloody Palace for a while now (multiplayer story not so much...) but open word doesn't seem right to me, at all

Jerry

Don't they have a co-op multiplayer for DMC3SE on a certain level or something for ps2?

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
I don't think DMC has the right foundation for an open world multi-player experience. Of course, you can only have so many Nero's, Dante's, Trish's and Lady's running around. Assassin's Creed works well because you have a "generic brotherhood" that your multiplayer character can be a part of. DMC doesn't have that. There's a more rigid character foundation (a much more limited cast, with very limited ways to infuse new characters to the cast without making things non-sensical. The best chance for any kind of multiplayer character foundation would be DMC 4, with the Order of the Sword which could be a limitless supply of characters so to speak in addition to the traditonal DMC cast), which makes creating newer characters (for large scale vs battles - like 5 vs 5 or 10 vs 10). Smaller scale multiplayer like 2 vs 2 or 1 vs 1 may work if executed well enough. But in general, I think large scale open world multiplayer won't work well in DMC. The mechanics simply do not exist to seamlessly integrate mjultiplayer into the game.

Nessy

I don't see how anyone that has any experience about multiplayer games can think that DMC would gain anything from being multiplayer. No matter what happens, implementing multiplayer will always cause something to be worse in the single player...whether through sheer lazyness of doing both or to make them work together in the same game.

If you think it should be like WoW, WoW is an rpg, so does this mean that you should be able to level up etc? Completely terrible idea, adds in needless grinding. If you just want the open world aspect...you would have to add in how the game works when 2 players attack the same enemy. And if you want this to work online then there is also going to have to be netcode so that the game knows which aspects to base on client and which on server so it doesn't look absolutely retarded...which leads to it again not working as well.

There are so very many games out there that suck, like seriously I think of myself as a realist and I would say that to my standard of crap games, out of the games I play alone (and I generally only play games I have a chance...a slight chance...of being decent) that only about 2% of the games I play are decent. And there are so many other games that I don't have time to play but obviously expect to be worse. The point of that statement is, if it's not broken don't try to fix it, otherwise it's just gonna be as bad as most of the others.

Shadow2x4

I'd like to see a multiplayer spin-off type thing, or even just a side, non-canon, mode in one of the games.

You could play as two random half-breeds in specially designed levels, or hell, just make everyone playable (Dante, Vergil, Nero, Trish...).

Co-op is one of my favourite things, and DMC is one of my favourite series, I'd love to see both toegther.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Actually now that I think about it...it'd be awesome if Capcom adds a lot of options to creating ur own character...like being half-angel or full angel or demon, or a ninja :D

Top Bottom