• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shortest of the Four Games?

epicfallen

Not sure whether this has been asked already (and if it has then I'll get rid of this), but which of the games (not including DmC) took you the least amount of time to complete? If you were to beat them all in one sitting, which would be the shortest?

I can't say because I haven't finished 'em all :p

seraphmaycry

dmc1 since it was so old it took me just 14 hours to complete FULLY (unless you count retry's then it would be probably DmC)

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
The original DMC, when i buiyed and finished downloading the HD Collection on PSN i've started from DMC and finished my first run through normal in barely 4 hours. DMC2 took me roughly the same ammount of time, besides a little more and DMC3 took like 7-8 hours. But all this considering that i've played all the games before on my PS2. But different from DMC3, in 1 and 2 you can kinda "get lost" on the levels as you can backtrack and do that kind of thing, so it can varie depending on circumstances and knowledge about the game itself.

EDIT: I encourage you to buy the HD Collection and play all the games! For a fan of the series even DMC2 is "playable" (it has serious problems with lock-ons and stuff, and the movements are so clunky that for the most time you'll be using your firearms, kinda kill the purpose of combat), it's a bad, awful and broken game but still it's cool to see what Capcom took from DMC2 and reworked very well to implement in DMC3, DMC2 was kinda a "necessary evil" to the series. Oh, and sure: DANTE WEARING DIESEL STUFF, for those who like a more "contemporary Dante".

epicfallen

The original DMC, when i buiyed and finished downloading the HD Collection on PSN i've started from DMC and finished my first run through normal in barely 4 hours. DMC2 took me roughly the same ammount of time, besides a little more and DMC3 took like 7-8 hours. But all this considering that i've played all the games before on my PS2. But different from DMC3, in 1 and 2 you can kinda "get lost" on the levels as you can backtrack and do that kind of thing, so it can varie depending on circumstances and knowledge about the game itself.

EDIT: I encourage you to buy the HD Collection and play all the games! For a fan of the series even DMC2 is "playable" (it has serious problems with lock-ons and stuff, and the movements are so clunky that for the most time you'll be using your firearms, kinda kill the purpose of combat), it's a bad, awful and broken game but still it's cool to see what Capcom took from DMC2 and reworked very well to implement in DMC3, DMC2 was kinda a "necessary evil" to the series. Oh, and sure: DANTE WEARING DIESEL STUFF, for those who like a more "contemporary Dante".

I've already purchased the HD Collection ^.^ And I've never played number 2, so I may as well give it a go. I've seen some bits of it, and I can see why everyone seems to like it the least. But the OST seems pretty good.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Mine would be DMC2.....which was 11 hours (7 hours for Dante's campaign and 4 hours for Lucia's campaign) in my first run.

DMC1 took me 15 hours, DMC4 took me 15 hours, and DMC3 took me......40 hours in my first run.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Mine would be DMC2.....which was 11 hours (7 hours for Dante's campaign and 4 hours for Lucia's campaign) in my first run.

DMC1 took me 15 hours, DMC4 took me 15 hours, and DMC3 took me......40 hours in my first run.

I've totally forget Lucia's campaign! Serious, what a shame, hahaha.

I think DMC2 gives more hours than DMC3 to me, unless i consider a Vergil run on normal/hard too.

Iyouboushi

DMC 2 is probably the shortest for me but that's mostly because I never bothered to do Lucia's story. Even if I had though, I'd still say DMC 2 is the shortest. There weren't that many puzzles, that I recall, and it was all pretty much just run from point A to B while killing a few things along the way.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DMC1 is the shortest for me. I'm just playing through it again now. I'm looking back at my old files and my last completion of the game was 6 hours.

DMC3 was around 9 hours for me, and DMC2 was...I can't remember right now:p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC1 I can beat in, on a good day, under ten hours. My best time was a little under seven hours.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Definitely DMC2.

All I had to do was max out the Machine guns and the game was a complete breeze.

Didn't even have to use swords lol, just DT and machine guns.

The longest would have to be DMC3 for me.

Top Bottom