• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Share your nostalgic games:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
This post for the people that want to share their memories of gaming so here we go and let's dive into memories of gaming :geek: if you miss your childhood :giggle: years:

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
My memories:

The first year of gaming:
sega_genesis_us_1554110836739.jpg

The second year of gaming:

Getting my hand on PC for the first time:

Spider-Man 2000 game: rip Stan Lee :cry: loved his voice man:

Batman Vengeance: in my first year of gaming I did this and love it as an action game:

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Oh ****, there are so many, I'll have to post the more significant ones, and maybe multiple posts as well cause I don't feel like doing a single long ass one.

I guess gotta start with my very first videogame ever, and it's a legendary milestone which kid me at the time didn't even realize.

24d20a28a6f0.jpg

Unreal Tournament was a gory, gruesome, high octane , fun ass experience for me that I poured countless hours in. My parents gifted me the game for Christmas, absolutely unaware of the level of violence in it. I still remember one day my dad was walking by while I was playing and blowing a bot to pieces with the flak cannon, he stopped by and looked at the screen (old ass 4:3 CRT monitor, remember those?) and went "What are those? Chunks of meat?" in utter disbelief.

It was a fascinating game to me because of the gore, I loved how all the guns felt and sounded, but it was also a time when internet was not available all the time to me, so multiplayer was off limits. I mostly spent times in custom games with bots, but I still had tons of fun. Bots in this game are such trolls. They taunt you and emote you when they kill you, man. That's right, I lost my teabag virginity to Unreal Tournament's AI.

Next up:

Call%2Bof%2BDuty%2B1%2BGame.jpg

Listen bro. Everyone may be gushing over the M4 or the AK-47 nowadays, but back then, the M1 Garand was the ****. It was an era when WW2 games were running amock, and the very first Call of Duty was a game I was replaying over and over and over and over again. WW2 was a setting that really interested me, and this game looked gorgeous for the time. Hell, it's aged really well, I'd say, looks fine for today standards even.

The classic US, english, and russian campaign structure, the excellent sound and visual design that made you feel like you really were in the firefights, with MG42s and other firearms CONSTANTLY roaring through the speakers (yeah, speakers... no HDMI back then!), teammates yelling and the legendary Captain Foley (Captain Price who?) outshouting everyone with his incessant "Suppressing fire!" all made it feel like such an authentic game. Far from the over-spectacular, hollywoodian franchise it'd later become.

Moving on.

vucbvgz64449.png

Neverwinter Nights is, like Unreal Tournament and COD, an absolute classic in its genre. A Dungeons & Dragons RPG, with one of the best expansions in gaming history, as well as unmatched atmosphere, the main thing that kept me hooked to this game. Another one that I replayed God knows how many times. This was the Bioware of old, rather than the shadow of itself that it is now. Incredible modding support have kept this gem alive to this day, with its amazing community having produced so many custom campaigns thanks to the editor the game comes with.

The multiplayer side was huge too and the best part of it, with many custom servers where you could TRULY role-play, and there was even coop capability to play the original campaign or its expansions with a friend party if you wanted. Really an immortal masterpiece.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
A bit off topic, but do you guys remember Click & Play? Made my own platform games with it... and learned a lot of English :D

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Part 2 of year 2 of gaming:

(I only name key games in this year not all of them):

Need for Speed: Underground 2: did not complete it but I love it as a nostalgic game when I look back at my childhood:

Need for Speed Carbon: Along with Underground 2 I love this one too but one thing change me in this game and I love my baby SLR (Benz) good old times:

Here is the Ultimate Spider-Man game (which I have still have because of mods and respect Stan Lee again):

Last edited:

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
Now I remember what game led me to DMC enjoy :love::
Chaos Legion...a game from 2003 that everyone had good memories even me and that led to DMC 4 & 3 (thanks to one of my friends I talked on phone that we had shared same memories in past :giggle:), now everyone, let us travel back in time and enjoy good old times and also I'm now corrupted with Vergil's motivation :cautious::
Original DMC4 released in 2008:
DMC 3 (originally released in 2005):

Last edited:

Aurelius

To this very day, I still own and occasionally play the games and consoles that I have purchased over the years of growing up. Gaming laptop aside, I own::
  • SNES
  • N64
  • PSone
  • PS2
  • PS3
  • PS4
  • XBox 360
  • XBox One
  • Gameboy Pocket
  • Gameboy Advance
I've dipped my toes into other platforms such as the NES, Genesis and etc but never owned one. My mom occasionally wonders (and/or nags me, haha) if I will ever part with the ones I never play but in all honesty... I don't think that will ever happen!

Top Bottom