• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Serious Question

Zilla

The inFAAMous
While Nevan is more of a stretch when it comes to her weapon form, we did get to fight her in a opera house and the fact that you get an electric guitar since she used electric powers too.

Opera house, you say? I do remember the stage vaguely. Perhaps the game should have slipped us an Electric Bat-infused Cello. That would have been one hell of a party!

I would have used that thing to troll the life out of Arkham.

Fen

maybe NT was just going through the motions and cheaply imitating their betters

Most of their moves and mechanics are carbon copies of moves from either Nero, Dante or that Heavenly Sword game so it isn't out of the question they were just throwing **** in without thinking about how it ties in

You've probably gone off the topic, I didn't check, but lucifer was going to be its own boss :) the more you know.

Source: artists notes in DMC4 art book , how the weapons don't match up to the boss, how the game is rushed.

Call BS if you want, but just saying, lucifer has nothing to do with berial.
Look at Nevan from the 3rd game, the weapon matches up to her element.

A kind anon translated the artists notes in /vg/ one time? False? Could be I just go with the cut content thing.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You bring a good point, however, if we go by that logic, it still stands that Rebellion gets "angel energy" from Eva and "demon energy" from Sparda. What would be special about Bobs soul/magic/lifeforce/whatever that it gives Rebellion the form of an angel weapon?

And I never said that every game should have the same way you get weapons in DMC3, just bringing out the fact that you atleast have some reasoning behind them.

Well, but that's still assuming that the "power" acquired to form a new weapon has an alignment. The only inclination we get for that is the color the energy takes when Dante gets it, but that could just as easily be something only seen because the energy is being absorbed to make a weapon of a specific alignment.

Sorta like a water faucet. It's all water, but you decide whether you want hot or cold water to come out of it for a specific purpose. Maybe Rebellion is...uh..."programmed" like that :p

As for what I said about Nevan - that wasn't really directed at you, I was just sorta saying it >_< It just...made very little sense to me, especially since an opera hall isn't a place you'd normally associate a guitar with :p ELECTRIC TUBA

AlchemistFromEden

maybe NT was just going through the motions and cheaply imitating their betters

Most of their moves and mechanics are carbon copies of moves from either Nero, Dante or that Heavenly Sword game so it isn't out of the question they were just throwing **** in without thinking about how it ties in
don't bring that kind of talk here as it doesn't contribute

Onecrazymonkey1

She did sleep with a demon, so that could qualify as reason enough for her to be there.

How did Eva even meet and fall in love with Sparda anyway? if Angels and demons were at war was it just love at first sight on the battlefield or was she just playing spy and let her guard down? Sparda was pretty high on the totem poll and not some cheap grunt either, so I'm really wondering how they even crossed paths. Does it actually go into detail anywhere? I have so many questions which I hope they answer and elaborate on in the next game.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
How did Eva even meet and fall in love with Sparda anyway? if Angels and demons were at war was it just love at first sight on the battlefield or was she just playing spy and let her guard down? Sparda was pretty high on the totem poll and not some cheap grunt either, so I'm really wondering how they even crossed paths. Does it actually go into detail anywhere? I have so many questions which I hope they answer and elaborate on in the next game.
It's never explained in detail, but I wish it had been a little. You're right, Sparda was high up in demon society, so I do wonder how they met. I guess maybe in the human world considering that it is between the two. I can't see a lone angel going to the demon world alone....maybe a demon would go to their realm alone trying to cause trouble for angels though.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
What really annoyed me about Bob is that you get an angel weapon from him even though he is clearly a demon. What the hell Bob?

I don't think that the Aquilla was an angelic weapon, I like to think that it was meant to maybe slay angels?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Come to think of it...are any of the weapons actually designated with any particular alignment in the game. Haven't paid attention to their descriptions in a while. Maybe it's possible that the weapons are set to one "mode" or another, but otherwise don't have an alignment like "demon axe" or "angelic scythe."

I honestly can't remember right now. It's late >_<

EDIT: Neeeeeeevermind, got the game back from my buddy today, the descriptions for the weapons have mentions of "angelic" or "demonic," or at least only Arbiter and Osiris are. So, it's entirely possible neither Aquila nor Eryx count as one or the other :p

SPARTAN-999

! FIGHT LIKE A MAN SCUM !
Heaven or Hell its up to you but once u go there you aint there is no turning back it is said in heaven you can have everything you want just order it u find it in your hands

In Hell you will be tourterd for eternity if you are thirsty there is only boiling water to drink

Satan does exists and so does GOD

BTW USA gouvernment love doing satans work dont they ? killing innecent people around the world based on a lie like september 911

ugh **** what brought me to politics ? :troll:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The Sword of Sparda wasn't made from Sparda's soul though, if I recall. I mean, Sparda used it during his time as a Dark Knight, he just used it to seal away a portion of his power.

Domenic93

I always figured that it was less about Barbas and Poison's souls "turning into weapons" and more of Rebellion sucking up that energy and using it to form new weapons instead, those demon's souls just being "material" to forge new weapons.

As it stands, Rebellion is a very utilitarian weapon with a lot of functions. If anything, Rebellion had all this potential for different weapons, and just needed some souls to make them or something.
if that is true then that would mean that Donte would have had to name all the weapons, and I HIGHLY doubt that Donte has the patience to read the bible, history books and books on Greek mythology, or the intelegence and memory to make the connection between the weapon and the source of the said name. Kablooey now that is a name I can believe Donte came up with

Top Bottom