• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sergio presentation

Hi, I'm Sergio, reyes, ledesma, I'm a fan of street fighter fights games and I write Street fighter commentaries on the internet, I'm seregios de monster hunter IT'S SERIOUS capcom japan, using my sergio name to call flying bird seregios de monster hunter g4, seriously the name of seregios was born of me because I registered to capcom unity with, my real name sergio reyes ledesma and I have a lot of time commenting on street fighter and marvel vs capcom is where the name of seregios is born, I like it, played with horror I have ps4 and xbos 360 and it's great to meet you all.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
With Capcom Unity being more and more barren, I'm not surprised to see you pop up here.
I was on Capcom Unity even back in the day when the site launched. It was barren, then, barren now. The design decisions were kinda cool, but Capcom Unity was too... hard to "reach" if you know what I mean. Type in capcom-unity.com and it takes you there, but who the **** uses hyphens...? Capcom has enough money to buy something like capcomunity.com or soemthing.

Hell, you don't even know how big the site is. Does it have 100 users online, does it have 1,000 users online, posting...? Then you got mods who is up in arms about - I don't know, everything? LIke "Crapcom"? (I get why, but still.)

Goldsickle

Hell, you don't even know how big the site is. Does it have 100 users online, does it have 1,000 users online, posting...? Then you got mods who is up in arms about - I don't know, everything? LIke "Crapcom"? (I get why, but still.)
The dumb thing is how the mods themselves spread misinformation, like "Capcom wants RE6 to attract CoD fans", "Capcom only has $152 million left in the bank", "Resident Evil is numbered 1-3 on the PlayStation due to a contract with Sony", "RE7 is developed by only 120 people", etc.

I can only imagine how frustrated the Capcom staff are to log in and getting lectured about the "$152 million left in bank" (aka : s*** that never happened) and the mods not doing anything about it.
In fact, mods actually add to the misinformation.

Not surprised if this is one of the reason why Capcom decided to get rid of the mods.

If you wanna moderate Capcom's official forum, maybe don't be one of those idiots who get fooled by clickbait.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The dumb thing is how the mods themselves spread misinformation, like "Capcom wants RE6 to attract CoD fans", "Capcom only has $152 million left in the bank", "Resident Evil is numbered 1-3 on the PlayStation due to a contract with Sony", "RE7 is developed by only 120 people", etc.

I can only imagine how frustrated the Capcom staff are to log in and getting lectured about the "$152 million left in bank" (aka : s*** that never happened) and the mods not doing anything about it.
In fact, mods actually add to the misinformation.

Not surprised if this is one of the reason why Capcom decided to get rid of the mods.

If you wanna moderate Capcom's official forum, maybe don't be one of those idiots who get fooled by clickbait.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but to be fair, some of those stories were true. If you really try to track down the original sources of these stories, you'd know they were real. Example: Capcom wanted to chase the COD market with RE6. It was an interview that started the whole thing. And the game itself shows. It was trying to be an action title with Michael Bay influences. Before Capcom released RE2 Remake, DMC5, Monster Hunter games, Capcom was in financial dire straits. And this isn't from clickbait from my view, I investigated deeper and deeper to see if its true. Neogaf posted it, and then I clicked the links, going down the rabbit hole - it was the vague financial reports. They were really down. Street Fighter 4 didn't sell too hot, Street Fighter 5 didn't sell too hot, either. Lost Planet games were failures (uh, objectively, I think they were not failures, they just needed more polish, and more marketing). Bionic Commando's reboot was a failure - both critically and commercially. However, the other stories posted on Capcom-Unity was based on clickbait, so yeah, you're not entirely wrong. I'm just saying that there are some cases that were true. It's not even a bad thing to have 120 developing RE7. In fact, its better to be lean if you can, to divide costs between development, and marketing. You want to do things "cheap," if you can. Fortunately, RE7 had a great team of people with an idea, and process. Therefore, if Capcom had $120 Million in the bank, and you had only 120 people diverted to RE7, THAT'S good.

As for everything else you said, I am in agreement.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Example: Capcom wanted to chase the COD market with RE6.
I did "track down the original sources" and Stuart Turner never mentioned RE6 in his entire interview with MCV UK.
He was strictly talking about Operation Raccoon City and certain sites like GameSpot or GamingBolt misquoted Turner out of context.

Nobody on Capcom has ever said they wanted RE6 to "attract Call of Duty fans".

Here's the source interview and not a "mirror" site:
li5Yil3.png

The quote that kept being copy/pasted around is on the bottom left of the page.
You can see that he's strictly talking about Operation Raccoon City.
There is no mention of RE6 in the entire article.

Capcom was in financial dire straits.
Capcom was financially healthy, at least around the time people started acting like Capcom was on its last leg (2014).
The "$152 million" was actually Capcom's net cash, which is somehow misinterpreted as "money left in bank" for some reason.

You can't just stop at one website for your news search.
You gotta keep following the trail until you reach the actual source and not just mirror sites.
If you search for "RE6" + "Call Of Duty" then the first couple of results are usually clickbait.
I had to search deeper to get the original Stuart Turner interview.
It's also weird how the clickbait or mirror sites called him "Dave Turner".

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I did "track down the original sources" and Stuart Turner never mentioned RE6 in his entire interview with MCV UK.
He was strictly talking about Operation Raccoon City and certain sites like GameSpot or GamingBolt misquoted Turner out of context.

Nobody on Capcom has ever said they wanted RE6 to "attract Call of Duty fans".

Here's the source interview and not a "mirror" site:
li5Yil3.png

The quote that kept being copy/pasted around is on the bottom left of the page.
You can see that he's strictly talking about Operation Raccoon City.
There is no mention of RE6 in the entire article.

Capcom was financially healthy, at least around the time people started acting like Capcom was on its last leg (2014).
The "$152 million" was actually Capcom's net cash, which is somehow misinterpreted as "money left in bank" for some reason.

You can't just stop at one website for your news search.
You gotta keep following the trail until you reach the actual source and not just mirror sites.
If you search for "RE6" + "Call Of Duty" then the first couple of results are usually clickbait.
I had to search deeper to get the original Stuart Turner interview.
It's also weird how the clickbait or mirror sites called him "Dave Turner".
Well, damn.

Top Bottom