• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sequel already in work?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't mind this but also want them to make DMC 5. Either way I think this will be on next gen consoles if true although I hope it will be on current gen as I don't want to buy a next gen console just to play a sequel of a reboot if that makes sense.
Sure I'll buy next gen consoles at some point but not right away.
I don't think it will be on next gen consoles just yet. The developers would have to get used to the dev kits, and they're only just being sent out. It takes a lot of time and effort to make a game for a new console- too long if they want to keep interest in DmC up.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order

EvilX-81

I'm alright with the sequel. Just as long as it continuously gets better, then I'm fine with it.

Agreed. Though I was hoping for a classic DMC after this but make it clear that they enjoyed collaborating with NT and plan to do a DmC sequel. This would give NT more time to work on ideas and story, etc. I would think that would be a good move from Capcom's POV to cash in on the fanboy rage they have riled up that are begging for a classic DMC.

I just want them to change gameplay mechanics though. I'm still not too fond of them.

I am curious about which specific ones you don't like. I'm not too fond of of the whip pull stuff, but I don't see them taking it from Dante. Maybe instead create a second non demon/angel pulling type character... but then I get flashbacks of DMC2....

That and Demon Dodge. Tone that **** down or better yet make it a tougher powerup to acquire like like building up the Royal Guard or Disaster Gauge, and definitely tone down the DT+Demon Dodge combination.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
If there is a sequel, i'm going with what ChaserTech said and they build up on gameplay.

DmC is fun, but it's still a step away from DMC3's level.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Boo! You idiots at Capcom promised me a DMC5 by 2015
broken-heart-promise.gif

I'd be in for some DmC2 action. Hopefully the combat is improved further, we get more Dante-sized/fun-sized bosses. More Dreamrunner/Drekavac styled enemies, and maybe playable Vergil from the start - I take that back. DMC games are traditionally 20 missions, designed with the "main" character and we all know what happened with DMC4. The enemies there were more Nero-friendly than Dante-friendly. Unless Capcom/NT surprise us with a 40 mission game; a double campaign, one for Vergil and one for Dante, I'm probably going to prefer a one character only game.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
broken-heart-promise.gif

Unless Capcom/NT surprise us with a 40 mission game; a double campaign, one for Vergil and one for Dante,e.
i wonder if that game can be played with a raging erection.....sorry inappropriate.

further from the point i prefer what DmC is doing. the main 20 missions are about Dante and you get bonus missions with Vergil that are linked to the story.(but free)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
bonus missions with Vergil that are linked to the story.(but free)

wait, where was it said that it was free?

I thought you either got it when you preordered or had to wait for it and pay around 10 bucks.

I don't recall hearing that it was free, care to post a link?

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
i wonder if that game can be played with a raging erection.....sorry inappropriate.

further from the point i prefer what DmC is doing. the main 20 missions are about Dante and you get bonus missions with Vergil that are linked to the story.(but free)
That could work too. Maybe DmC2 is more about Vergil's story; 20 missions with Vergil. And bonus missions; about 10 or however long Vergil's Downfall is or it needs to be to tie up DmC2 while playing as Dante. Imagine the outrage and squeals from fanboys and fangirls that Vergil is the main character and Dante is (yet again) pushed to the back seat.

Stereotypical Angry Fanboy: "Look, they did it again! Dante's not the main character again! Crapcom and N00B Theory are ruining the DMC series!" *angry fanboy spitting*

Happy Raging Fanboy: "OMG! AW ****! This is ****** EPIC! VERGIL! **** YES!" *raging fanboy drooling*

Stereotypical Vergil Fangirl: *endless fangasm*

Note/Edit: Remember guys and gals, this is all based on stereotypes. So, if this is you, well . . . I don't really know.

btmudd28

I thought you either got it when you preordered or had to wait for it and pay around 10 bucks.

I think he meant free for the people that preordered.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

nonononono i meant in FUTURE DmC games. the present one only has Vergils downfall free if u preordered it.

WorkenOnMaLeft

Agreed. Though I was hoping for a classic DMC after this but make it clear that they enjoyed collaborating with NT and plan to do a DmC sequel. This would give NT more time to work on ideas and story, etc. I would think that would be a good move from Capcom's POV to cash in on the fanboy rage they have riled up that are begging for a classic DMC.

I am curious about which specific ones you don't like. I'm not too fond of of the whip pull stuff, but I don't see them taking it from Dante. Maybe instead create a second non demon/angel pulling type character... but then I get flashbacks of DMC2....

That and Demon Dodge. Tone that **** down or better yet make it a tougher powerup to acquire like like building up the Royal Guard or Disaster Gauge, and definitely tone down the DT+Demon Dodge combination.
i couldnt agree more. i cant believe they didnt decide to replace DD with royal guard (same input of course) and have three succesful perfect guards in a row without taking damage give the "adrenaline boost"

Noel

If it's true there is gonna be a sequel even though DmC didn't sell as much as DMC4, It's probably because its cheaper to make DmC. I recently play DMC4 and that game has much more production value than DmC.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
If it's true there is gonna be a sequel even though DmC didn't sell as much as DMC4, It's probably because its cheaper to make DmC. I recently play DMC4 and that game has much more production value than DmC.

More production value, more expensive, yet TOTALLY RUSHED.

EllDawn

If having demon babies looks anything like what happens to Lilith.....:blink: Yeah, I'll be taking a pass. :p
Don't forget Vergil is half angel, which I'm sure makes a difference. If it doesn't, I'm with you. The last thing I'd want is for something to punch out of my stomach or back like that.

zarion

wat why the hell would you have DT+DD toned down? It's one of the most potent combos for racking up points and dealing serious damage. The window for activation is also exceedingly narrow and it's not like you're completely invulnerable as you travel.
If you get caught in Butcher's horizontal saw blade attack you still lose health.
You need DT+DD to reach SSS in the higher difficulties, without it you won't be able to traverse the stage and beat the enemies fast enough.
You can complain about the battle/combo mechanics of the game being too easy once you've beaten all HAH stages and Bloody Palace with all SSS rankings.
The falling off cliffs mechanics definitely need to be tweaked though, it should be made possible to fall off during a ground attack, or dodge.

Top Bottom