• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Scrapped ideas from the official blog.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
It's easy for us to look at those ideas now and criticize NT on leaving them out and most of them sound really cool but usually these things are cut for good reasons. Usually because of time or budget or just being very difficult to implement. Usually this kind of stuff winds up in the sequel game so for all those ****ed about the no taunting thing, we now know it was planned and actually had a gameplay function but was likely just not something they had time to fully realize but DmC2 will very likely have that feature.
Yea I don't wanna believe that first of all NT has been getting dumped on from the beginning so they should have done and put everything to make the game good every idea im sure if these was in the game it would feel more like a DMC but I don't believe time was a issue they had 3 to 4 years for this I see all there efforts went to their special environments most of it the other was gameplay which could do better they needed ideas like this so it could spice up the game

I guess this is relevant

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/39...-long-distance-romance-with-ninja-theory-that

The Capcom project leads also recalled Ninja Theory's initial penchant for concentrating on cool visuals first, then building the world image from there, regardless of whether the gameplay matched well with it or not. "I remember, during the first stages of development, one of the illustrations we got for a regular enemy had this huge blade on his right elbow," Itsuno said. "It was actually on pretty much all the enemies! Apparently the designer really liked putting blades on people's elbows."
"So we asked how the guy was gonna attack with this blade," Eshiro continued, "and the reply was 'Oh, he doesn't use it much'. So we said 'No, no, that's not going to work as a game' and had them rethink it a little bit."

Blades on elbows for no reason, huh? And I thought the Final Product looked really edgy with its enemy designs.
NT was doing a Tetsuya Nomura instead of add belts to everything add blades.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Yea I don't wanna believe that first of all NT has been getting dumped on from the beginning so they should have done and put everything to make the game good every idea im sure if these was in the game it would feel more like a DMC but I don't believe time was a issue they had 3 to 4 years for this I see all there efforts went to their special environments most of it the other was gameplay which could do better they needed ideas like this so it could spice up the game
While it's true they had three years, time still could have been a big issues, most of these games have very strict deadlines set withing the 2-3 year dev cycle that they really have to stick to otherwise they start costing the publisher a **** ton of extra money even if it's just an extra week to code one part of a level. Now we don't know why exactly this stuff was cut and NT likely really waned it in the game, they probably wanted a lot of other stuff too, but **** happens and stuff gets cut. Even the best of games have stacks of cut coding, models, art and ideas it's just a part of making, well anything. It's cool to see because it does give us some potential info on what could be in a sequel if that ever happens, but as someone who has worked on dev teams I know how many good ideas just have to get cut, even when they are so close to completion just for the sake of time, money or difficulty. Not saying it does not suck but it's just the way any creative industry works.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts

Django

I would have liked a few taunts and that gunslinger move where you could shoot in two directions at once....that was awesome for keeping style bonuses from depleting.

Top Bottom