• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Saw: Legacy- New Saw Movie In The Works

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
http://screenrant.com/saw-8-legacy-2017-release-date/

The massively popular Saw franchise is set to make its return next October. If it's Halloween, it must be Saw.

Now granted, I understand the criticism this franchise gets, but I don't care. I will admit I've enjoyed every Saw film. The first one is still the best being legitimately good and not just a guilty pleasure though. So I for one welcome a new installment in this franchise.

Love it or hate it, you gotta admit these movies came a long way from just two dudes being chained up in a bathroom. Which makes me wonder where they will take the story next. *UM, SPOILERS AHEAD* John Kramer has been long dead, but he has had multiple apprentices that have picked up his legacy to continue his work. The "final" film revealing that Dr. Gordon himself took on the mantle after leaving a bloodthirsty Hoffman to die in that original bathroom with no hope of escape. So with all over Jigsaw's failed apprentices dead, maybe we will see this new film focusing on Gordon's run as Jigsaw.

All I have to say......
tumblr_nprldjRIvT1urvip0o1_500.gif

Skagewid

I knew this notice months ago, togeter "Final destination 6" , new "Child's play" ( or Chuchy) and I dont wrong also slender man movie

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I always liked the Saw movies and will gladly check this one out.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Got bored and tired of this franchise after Saw 4. Guess I saw too many. Anyway, probably give this a miss.

Skagewid

For me , Saw has started to lose its meaning from the fifth chapter. There is somenthing of good in Saw 5-6-7, but correspond to 2-3 % , just some connection with general plot .

Dark Drakan

Admin
Saw's problem is that it has lost its roots, the first few were rather clever and had some good twists and tied together well and some were even thought provoking in some places. As they went on they seemed to concentrate more on the gore/shock factor and more and more elaborate 'traps' to escape rather than the reason for the people being in that situation in the first place. I really liked 1-3 but after that they began to lose my interest, although I watched them and thought they were ok they just lacked that style from original ones.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Saw's problem is that it has lost its roots, the first few were rather clever and had some good twists and tied together well and some were even thought provoking in some places. As they went on they seemed to concentrate more on the gore/shock factor and more and more elaborate 'traps' to escape rather than the reason for the people being in that situation in the first place. I really liked 1-3 but after that they began to lose my interest, although I watched them and thought they were ok they just lacked that style from original ones.
Like I said, I understand the criticism this series gets, but I also did watch these films for the ongoing story. Like, I thought Hoffman as a villain in this series was great. Sure, none of the sequels to me never really excelled the original which played out more like an intense suspense/thriller, but it wasn't just the gore and elaborate traps that kept me coming back.

But yea, I do also consider many of the sequels as just more of a guilty pleasure than anything.

Saw has become an icon in the horror genre, and Jigsaw himself has made his way up the ranks of the likes of Freddy Krueger and Jason Vorhees. Saw is a franchise that I imagine will live on in some way shape or form as time goes on. I don't think this series will truly be forgotten. After all, it is the most successful horror franchise of all time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Like I said, I understand the criticism this series gets, but I also did watch these films for the ongoing story. Like, I thought Hoffman as a villain in this series was great. Sure, none of the sequels to me never really excelled the original which played out more like an intense suspense/thriller, but it wasn't just the gore and elaborate traps that kept me coming back.

But yea, I do also consider many of the sequels as just more of a guilty pleasure than anything.

Saw has become an icon in the horror genre, and Jigsaw himself has made his way up the ranks of the likes of Freddy Krueger and Jason Vorhees. Saw is a franchise that I imagine will live on in some way shape or form as time goes on. I don't think this series will truly be forgotten. After all, it is the most successful horror franchise of all time.

I still watch them and I have enjoyed them, just not as much as the originals. They did start to feel like they were simply churning them out for quick cash in rather than making a worthy sequel after a while. The original was dark, gritty and clever and they started to lose parts as they went on. Still worth a watch but I can't remember many characters after the first 3 and most felt rather hollow.

Skagewid

I still watch them and I have enjoyed them, just not as much as the originals. They did start to feel like they were simply churning them out for quick cash in rather than making a worthy sequel after a while. The original was dark, gritty and clever and they started to lose parts as they went on. Still worth a watch but I can't remember many characters after the first 3 and most felt rather hollow.

The main characters are many, because the general plot are large. A secondary characther (or appearance) is necessary to explain a detail or more somewhere in the seven movies.
In my opinion, it's beautiful as the plot and screenplay were made.

Top Bottom