• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Saddest cutscene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poroner

I,Buki,Mio,Da
i don't realy like Vergil but the saddest one for me is when Vergil went of that clif.
74875_normal_devil-may-cry-3-dante-vergil-02.jpg

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
poor vergil now he's dead looking under his lil bro (cuz he's a demon)

why why did he have to go

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
demon genral;221472 said:
poor vergil now he's dead looking under his lil bro (cuz he's a demon)

why why did he have to go

Because they made the sacrifice of building the personality of somone who's story was already over. So he had to go because he was gone in the first place. And thats why so many people have trouble letting go of him because in a way his story was only getting started.

I can't imagine how upsetting it must have been for people who played 3 first.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i played 1 then 3 then 3se then 2 finally 4 but aint got it

yeah if u think of it his story was about to get exciting and awesome

but eneded too quickly

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the really great thing is vergil's story might not have ended. as long at there are people who are more likely to buy a game if vergil is involved he is not dead.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;221626 said:
the really great thing is vergil's story might not have ended. as long at there are people who are more likely to buy a game if vergil is involved he is not dead.

Sorry to say it, but Kobayashi, the one who's directing DMC from now on, said he hates Vergil. Personally, Kobayashi can go suck my scaly ****.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
DreadnoughtDT;221648 said:
Sorry to say it, but Kobayashi, the one who's directing DMC from now on, said he hates Vergil. Personally, Kobayashi can go suck my scaly ****.
If he hates Vergil, why did he make him such a sympathetic character?

...he made DMC3, right? I honestly, have no clue who made what in this series.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^He never intended to make Vergil a sympathetic character.

Perhaps the japanese have different ideas about how to hate a character than what we do in the west...if that makes any sense.

@Dread: seeing that you're a lizard, you don't know what germs you might get off a human...

Darth Angelo

Really?

Wow..interesting I wonder why.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;221733 said:
^He never intended to make Vergil a sympathetic character.

Perhaps the japanese have different ideas about how to hate a character than what we do in the west...if that makes any sense.

@Dread: seeing that you're a lizard, you don't know what germs you might get off a human...

The Japanese find stoic characters like him unlikable. They like over-the-top people like Dante more.

And diseases aren't a problem. I've got the most advanced immune system in the world! :p

Osaka

trollololol

So he's letting his personal thoughts get in the way of giving fans another chance of seeing Vergil, in any shape or form? Can someone give me this guys address so I can go and slap some sense into him?
I do hope that for the very last chapter in DMC's history (last game in other words) involves vergil in some shape or form.

Darth Angelo

Osaka;221782 said:
So he's letting his personal thoughts get in the way of giving fans another chance of seeing Vergil, in any shape or form? Can someone give me this guys address so I can go and slap some sense into him?
I do hope that for the very last chapter in DMC's history (last game in other words) involves vergil in some shape or form.

Although I don't really want Vergil back at all that would be the best way to end it. The evenly matched showdown always goes down a treat for finales.

A cutscene of Dante and Vergil in the swordsmans equivalent of a toe to toe slugging match with super sad dramatic music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNRYfTYe-3s
:p

V

Oldschool DMC fan
DreadnoughtDT;221746 said:
The Japanese find stoic characters like him unlikable. They like over-the-top people like Dante more.

They do...? That would make someone like Solid Snake a useless hero in a Japanese game then, huh? Snake is about as stoic as they come.

I thought the Japanese players would have sympathised with Vergil more... mainly because in Japanese stories and films, the antagonists often have a decent reason for doing what they're doing, or an understandable reason at least... they usually have some personality or emotive motivations behind them. A lot of Western ones still have characters with cardboard cut out personalities - if one is the big head honcho evil dude, they won't tell you why, he'll just be a colossal ass because he wants to be. Or because he just 'is'.
Y'know, like Skeletor. :lol:

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
The saddest curscene's to me were when Lady and Dante had the argument in the library after their fight. Dante told her that he woke up and realized what he had to do in the end because it was "family business". The other CS was the ending, Dante killed off his last family member and cried.

I was sad for a few days after that ;_;

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
This place, was our father's home...
"Slashs Dante's hand".

In the end, Dante reached for his humanity.
And Vergil came to the point that, he himself almost touched his humanity. So close in doing so, but he realized that his initial goal was to rely on himself. Rely on "Power". He basically refused Dante's humanity and succumbed to his demonic ego.

Very powerful.

I have the scene on my computer right now, and I'm re-watching over again... and again.
It shows true family love, they surely need to re-cap on the Dante/Vergil story, finish that off. It's too hard to believe that once Nelo Angelo disappeared, Dante just moved on with life. If he goes as far as retrieving the Yamato, it shows that he still thinks about Vergil. EVEN if Dante "kept" it in the family by giving it to Nero...

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
When vergil fell to the Demon world and when Lady killed Arkham... & the saddest is when Nero jumped to get kyrie from the Angle's hands and he couldn't! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom