• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ryse: Son Of Rome

Super90sgamer

Ryse: Son of Rome game that grabbed the spotlight during E3 2013 event got new set of excepts pictures. The new images shows a closely look at some stages in the game, Aside with the main character in different costume.

1016689_493234577423716_1392624718_n.jpg

71769_493234347423739_1951997480_n.jpg

968819_493234564090384_409309269_n.jpg

1005449_493234124090428_1985016691_n.jpg

601727_493234324090408_621710023_n.jpg

374396_493234360757071_623676615_n.jpg

The game will release later this year exclusive on Xbox One.

Super90sgamer

Earlier this year, Crytek announced the acquisition Vigil Games developer team that previously gave us Darksiders both game, And that after the studio failed to obtain work as a result of THQ bankruptcy.

After all Vigil Games staff joined to the new studio, Crytek decided include them to Crytek USA. It is worth mentioning that the new studio which included Darksiedrs team helping them on Ryse: Son of Rome development.

Crytek USA team consist 30 employees, This amount of staff working on some of the things fast, Which is not to provide details about it until this moment.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Despite the gameplay might be pretty sh*tty this game actually interests me. Probably because i like roman warriors and their history.

Super90sgamer

Xbox One and Crytek immerse you in ancient Rome, where you will become soldier Marius Titus, fighting to restore the honor of Rome at any cost.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Im intrigued and if they can prevent it from feeling like one long QTE fest then im all for it. Im glad they dropped Kinect from it as I could see it being another terrible controlling Kinect game.

Super90sgamer

Crytek released a new trailer takes us on a journey to the behind the scenes of the development process and review the mode of action such as capturing movements.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Turns out, the QTE's are optional, and turned off in hardcore mode.
So, people like me don't need to worry about it. Just press B, and watch as it goes.
no need for QTE.

Dark Drakan

Admin
If they listen to gamer and press concerns and address them before release then this could do well.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Turns out, the QTE's are optional, and turned off in hardcore mode.
So, people like me don't need to worry about it. Just press B, and watch as it goes.
no need for QTE.
Really? From what i heard on highest difficulty setting there are QTE but player just dont see icon of button which he should press so he have to rely on his memory. But maybe i missed some new info.

That video just kept me off, next gen in cutscenes yay! I know graphics is important but they should start talking more about gameplay.

Super90sgamer

Plunging you into the brutal world of gladiatorial combat, Gladiator Mode lets you relive the intense and brutal battles of the Colosseum as you fight cooperatively with your friends against an ever-changing array of enemies to the roar of thousands of spectators.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I dont mind them so long as you can also earn them for free, if people want to waste cash unlocking things quickly then I say let them. I would rather earn mine through playing the game & achieving feats in game.

Well the thing that bothers me is people being able to buy top-tier gear early on in the game which makes it unfair for other non-paying players since the paying ones get a distinct advantage and it makes it harder for the non-paying people to earn in game gold.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well the thing that bothers me is people being able to buy top-tier gear early on in the game which makes it unfair for other non-paying players since the paying ones get a distinct advantage and it makes it harder for the non-paying people to earn in game gold.

Yeah I can see things from that side of things too but games should group people together of around the same level to balance things out & should always be things to counter even the best equipment. I mean it worked in Battlefield for the most part, people could pay for better weapons & kit upgrades but could earn them all by playing the game too. I never really felt like I was at a huge disadvantage to those players, yeah they could hit me from further away and with greater accuracy, just meant that you had to outsmart them. They shouldnt allow you to simply purchase the best gear in the game outright from the start and should level cap some of it so people have to at least earn it by getting to that level.

Apparently they resemble the micro transactions of Fifa & Mass Effect more than anything. Those aren't as cut & dry as a pay to win model some games employ:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/60922/ryse-xbo...actions-very-similar-to-mass-effect-and-fifa/

Super90sgamer

Ryse: Son of Rome game got more new trailer, Today's trailer we see a close look at the story mode that will take players on a journey of revenge long the hero of the game. Through new videos also clear to us that the players are in the process of passing in several positions moved their feelings in some way.

Super90sgamer

Roman soldier Marius Titus embarks on a campaign of vengeance from Britania to Rome - but is he coming to save or destroy?

We journey with Marius Titus to the furthest reaches of the Roman Empire, revealing a story driven by betrayal, revenge and war. Experience the Roman Empire like you've never seen it before.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Just recently played this and while the gameplay is pedestrian at best, the story is pretty damn good and i'll admit that i'm a sucker for historical settings. The game is still very enjoyable on it's own though.

The Roman armors here also looks really wicked.

Last edited:

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Just recently played this and while the gameplay is pedestrian at best, the story is pretty damn and i'll admit that i'm a sucker for historical settings. The game is still very enjoyable on it's own though.

I agreed, that and the visuals are pretty amazing.
I do love the executions, the variety in it is pretty awesome. :)

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Just recently played this and while the gameplay is pedestrian at best, the story is pretty damn good and i'll admit that i'm a sucker for historical settings. The game is still very enjoyable on it's own though.

The fact that it's a launch game and shows that for even a launch game it looks like what many current games on PC running probably mid to high settings, has amazing voice acting, animation, and story, attention to historical detail - mostly weapons, formations, etc. -, and runs smoothly without glitches or framerate hiccups is enough to say that this is a good launch title. Is it a good game overall? Average at best considering that its combat is not as "refined" as the Batman Arkham games, Sleeping Dogs, or the recent Assassin's Creed, but for a launch title and a title on a system unfamiliar to developers - even though both are similar to PCs does not mean developers are going to pick them up and say, "Oh, look, we're going to make every game running the PS4 and Xbox One to the ground", it doesn't work like that - is enough to say that this is a damn, good game as of right now. Future Xbox One and PS4 games will be even better and if Ryse gets a sequel, I'm going to say that it'll be even better just like how Assassin's Creed went from sort of dull and bland combat to exciting and more enjoyable combat in Assassin's Creed 2. I want to see another Ryse game or another game from Crytek similar to Ryse even if it's locked to one platform. I don't care, I'll watch the hell out of the game or I'll buy an Xbox One just for it (and Sunset Overdrive).

People really need to think before opening their damned mouths. People are complaining about Ryse: Son of Rome, Killzone Shadow Fall, Dead Rising 3, and Knack. Hey, do you know why they're on the PS4 and Xbox One? 'Cause the PS3 and Xbox 360 are outdated and many developers are finding trouble dealing with their limited hardware. Back then, sure we could have seen a Knack game, which by the way is totally focused on graphics and is clearly not trying to attract young gamers and gamers who like old school games, on the PS3 and Xbox 360, but why work with those when they're getting phased out? With your mindset, we might as well ride horses, use manual labor for all farming, send letters, shoot arrows, and wooden ships to travel instead of cars, planes, tractors, computers and all those unnecessary inventions. Oh, and remember how Halo 3 looked like Crysis 3 when it came out? You do? You need to get your eyes checked out buddy, since Halo 4 looks good, for now, and Halo 3 looks good when it came out and for a couple months after its release until other games came out.

Yes, launch games are going to look and run mildly if not slightly better than the previous generation's end games, but as the generations continues, games are going to look better, run better, and just be plain better than past games. Really, some games do not age well like past GTAs compared to GTAV or how past Kingdom Hearts feels clunky compared to current ones minus the camera issues from the PSP's and 3DS's lack of another control stick. Others do, like turn-based RPGs, RTS games, games with unique art styles like 8-bit and 16-bit games, games like Okami and Paper Mario; or games that for whatever reason, still feels timeless such as Super Mario Bros., Pac-Man, The Legend of Zelda, and Street Fighter - seriously, most fighting games age well since the mechanics are usually fine tuned and that's a requirement for fighters.

Top Bottom