• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumour : Devil May 5 to be announced at TGS 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampi

King of Hell;269015 said:
it could be true, maybe the person who leaked the info is a personal friend/an old friend, it could be fake too, so I wouldn't rule out anything.

but I'd be pleased if it wouldn't be developed by Ninja theory, I don't have faith in them sticking to the series formula. what was confirmed is that Ninja theory is developing an action game published by capcom, so everyone guessed that it could be DMC. it was never confirmed that Ninja theory is working on DMC.

Ya know, for sum reason, i kinda welcome Ninja Theory doing DMC. There games focus more on the story (tho i do want Capcom to be in charge of gameplay)

Everyone wants Capcom to only do DMC 5. Ya don't realize that Capcom don't give a damn about DMC and don't know what the hell to do with it.

King of Hell

Must Die
I don't want DMC to play something close to Heavenly Sword, now don't get me wrong I don't hate Heavenly Sword, I just don't want DMC to get some heavenly sword touch in it. the combat system needs to be revamped, & I don't trust Ninja theory to revamp it DMC style, they'd probably improve upon the Heavenly Sword engine.

Meg

^ I can't imagine Capcom not having any say in how Ninja Theory makes DMC5. I'm sure they'll do it right. And besides, you can't assume they'll make it like Heavenly Sword. Just cause two games are made by the same company doesn't mean they are going to be similar. Resistance and Ratchet and Clank are made by the same people and they're very different.

moseslmpg

I'm not a gameplay guy, but I know that the combat doesn't need to be revamped. Combat is pretty much the only way that DMC is still keeping itself above water.

King of Hell

Must Die
by revamped, I mean like how it changed from DMC1 to DMC3, it was new yet familiar.

^ I can't imagine Capcom not having any say in how Ninja Theory makes DMC5. I'm sure they'll do it right. And besides, you can't assume they'll make it like Heavenly Sword. Just cause two games are made by the same company doesn't mean they are going to be similar. Resistance and Ratchet and Clank are made by the same people and they're very different.

but those two games come from two totally different worlds, DMC & HS are both action games, & I didn't mean DMC5 would play like HS, it would just feel familiar to it.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
King of Hell;269015 said:
it could be true, maybe the person who leaked the info is a personal friend/an old friend, it could be fake too, so I wouldn't rule out anything.

but I'd be pleased if it wouldn't be developed by Ninja theory, I don't have faith in them sticking to the series formula. what was confirmed is that Ninja theory is developing an action game published by capcom, so everyone guessed that it could be DMC. it was never confirmed that Ninja theory is working on DMC.

I never knew why this rumor had been started in the first place. This is why? People are just assuming the action game is DMC 5? That seems like quite a stretch to me.

bobek388

Bobek388
It must be a rumour, ninja theory? If they do it as good as Bethesda did fallout 3 I will be happy, but I've seen trailer of one of their games, "enslaved: odyssey to the west" and it looked very crappy.
By the way, Cat I don't really like the way how the vergil looks in ur signature, he looks too much Dante'ish. :D I would rather want him to look like in the DMC3
I'm just saying my point of view, don't want to insult. ;)

Meg

King of Hell;269271 said:
but those two games come from two totally different worlds, DMC & HS are both action games, & I didn't mean DMC5 would play like HS, it would just feel familiar to it.

I was just pointing something out.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Well...I do hope it is shown at TGS.[It starts the 16 as stated and ends the 19th of september...I think].

For some reason,I'm willing to believe the rumor of xboxic.Nintendo did nearly the same thing with OoT 3DS but after being discovered they gave away the info to the fans.Capcom hid this info...so..well...to put it bluntly,I'm willing to believe that maybe DMC5 isn going to be developed by Capcom.Maybe Ninja Theory will get some other IP to develop for Capcom...or make a DMC side-game?

We'll learn at TGS.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
bobek388;269279 said:
It must be a rumour, ninja theory? If they do it as good as Bethesda did fallout 3 I will be happy, but I've seen trailer of one of their games, "enslaved: odyssey to the west" and it looked very crappy.
By the way, Cat I don't really like the way how the vergil looks in ur signature, he looks too much Dante'ish. :D I would rather want him to look like in the DMC3
I'm just saying my point of view, don't want to insult. ;)

Oh, that's okay! I don't mind your opinion. Someone made this at deviantART and I just thought it was cool because he looks like how he would have looked in DMC 4. Since he wasn't in it, I was always wondering what he'd look like, and, of course, he would have had Dante's face, no doubt...:p

Vampi

King of Hell;269315 said:
well, they are twins after all.

Cat;269439 said:
Oh, that's okay! I don't mind your opinion. Someone made this at deviantART and I just thought it was cool because he looks like how he would have looked in DMC 4. Since he wasn't in it, I was always wondering what he'd look like, and, of course, he would have had Dante's face, no doubt...:p

Vergil wouldn't look like that in DMC 4. Mind you, you have to understand that Vergil has been in Hell for a very long time now. The twins environments would make them appear different, diets etc. So Vergil would have a more pale, skinnier appearance then Dante's full face and slight sunkiss skin.

Twins can resemble each other, but there's always a slight difference in their looks.

King of Hell

Must Die
you are right, but we can't assume he'd be skinnier or anything, in DMC3 they were the exact same model after all, even though they didn't live the same life. maybe as sons of sparda, they have immunity to being fat, or a stick figure.

Vampi

Of course he'd be skinnier. Vergil's in hell. They don't exactly have a pizzeria down there or a McDonald's for him to munch on (that is if he's into fast food, which i doubt).

The reason why Capcom used the same character model in DMC 3 was because of the limit of the PS2 hardware. But now with more powerful machines like the PS3 and Xbox 360, they can make more detailed characters then they had before to make there differences more apparent.

King of Hell

Must Die
PS2's hardware wasn't too limited, so I don't think we should consider it as an excuse, they deliberately showed us Vergil with his hair down to show us how similar they look, they weren't the only twins seen on video games anyway. living in Hell wouldn't make Vergil a stick, I'm sure he can eat what demons eat (whatever that is), since he can access his DT anytime.

Vampi

How do you know demons eat? Maybe they feed off of energy. I doubt demons eat cause i doubt hell is a vegatative kind of place to grow food. You have to understand, these are otherworldly beings, they don't have to have human-like traits since they aren't human.

The PS2 has its limits. You honestly think that DMC 4 Dante would look just as much detailed as he is in DMC 4? i doubt it. The PS2 wasn't all powerful, even the original Xbox had more power then the PS2. I don't really want to get into a fanboy console debate over this. Besides, its cheaper for Capcom to use the same character models. Even with that limit, i could pretty much tell the twins apart in DMC 3. Vergil's eyes are much more hollow then Dante's. Dante's face is more plumper while Vergil's is narrower.

King of Hell

Must Die
I know the exact specs of PS2, but it wasn't very limited, just look at how detailed later games were (MGS3?), Solid Snake was a clone of Naked Snake (Big Boss), yet you can tell them apart, even though both were developed for the same hardware, Big Boss was more muscular & had wider shoulders. yet you can't help but notice the similarity.
& Vergil's face only looked narrower because of his haircut, when his hair goes down above the tower, its like staring into the exact same person with different clothes.
now I'm not saying they'd look exactly the same, but it'd be something to that effect.

bobek388

Bobek388
Yeah, I agree Vergil's face should be more narrower than Dante in the DMC4, and he shouldn't have a beard. I think this face would suit him better:
Vergil

Also if you look at the pictures in the DMC3 menu they do look different
But that's going off topic :D

moseslmpg

Vampi is right. The only reason they used the same model in DMC3 is because any differences would have been too small and insignificant to be shown on PS2 hardware at the time, regardless of what the newer games could do. Even in real life, twins do not look exactly alike, there are minor differences between them based on their life experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom