• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rumor : batfleck's solo movie crammed with villains

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05...our-favorite-villain-in-afflecks-batman-movie

Who will be the villain in The Batman*, to be directed by Ben Affleck? A lot of people are speculating that it'll be a version of Under the Red Hood, in which dead Robin Jason Todd returns from the grave as a vengeful villain. I'm hearing that is not the case (and it's smart to avoid - it would look too much like DC is doing their own Winter Soldier at this point). To be fair, I don't know who the actual villain of the movie will be, but my sources have told me this:

Many, if not most, members of Batman's rogue's gallery will be making appearances in the film. It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie. According to my sources Affleck and Geoff Johns, who has been working with him on the film, want to make the definitive Batman film. They want to tell the ultimate Batman story, and to do so they're going to bring in all the big guns. They're going to have a big, sprawling Bat universe already in place.

My guess is that most of these will be cameos, possibly characters appearing in Arkham Asylum (could they be doing a weird adaptation of Arkham Asylum? That's just a total piece of speculation). But that still means we're gonna have a lot of villains showing up, which means a lot of interesting casting, and a lot of interesting possibilities for future films. This certainly fits in with the larger DC movieverse model, which is to introduce everything already developed in one fell swoop as opposed to building it up. When it comes to Batman I'm actually very okay with this - everybody in the world knows who The Penguin and The Riddler are, and we don't need to watch their first meeting with Batman yet again.

Which Bat villains do you hope make the cut for The Batman? If these are just cameos the possibilities for truly interesting casting are endless - which Bat baddie would Matt Damon play?

* not the official title, but it's good, and if we all use it enough maybe WB will use it too.

so who you wanna or expect to see?

i wanna see deathstroke, hush and scarecrow

i don't know who i'd expect to see, affleck is directing this, and based on his movies i would judge his taste and style would be artsy, serious or kinda, made you think, made you wanna keep your attention to the screen, and subtle --have only watched the town and gone girl, and that's what i got from them.. long time batman fans might know which villains would fit affleck's style of direction and ofc johns's style of writings

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Own version of Winter Soldier? Don't care, Jason/Red Hood needs to get adapted. When I saw Under The Red Hood, it was the concept of Robin gone bad that made me even like Robin in the first place

absolitude

Own version of Winter Soldier? Don't care, Jason/Red Hood needs to get adapted. When I saw Under The Red Hood, it was the concept of Robin gone bad that made me even like Robin in the first place

if this is going to be a trilogy, i'd prefer they keep it for part two or later.. starting from MoS to BvS they kinda give some bigger stuff like Zod and Doomsday instead of going more to get familiar with the characters..

maybe this'll be like getting familiar with Batman and the baddies and something like showing the good part of batman and robin --robin's recruitment.. then the follow up could do red hood

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
"Their own Winter Solider." The Red Hood Story has been around for a long time. Not everything DC does is copying Marvel JFC.

Anyway, I don't know. Putting so many villains in one movie doesn't always sound good. TASM 2 did this and it wasn't too good. Age of Ultron did this, and the movie did it badly. And if judging off of BvS's characters being introduced, I have a bit of low confidence in the "a whole bunch of villains in the Batman movie" plan.

absolitude

Scarecrow has already been done in Batman Begins so the Penguin or Deathstroke would be pretty cool.

penguin also has made it in batman returns as the main villain, and it was awesome imo.. while scarecrown in begins was uhhh.. a not so scarecrowing

"Their own Winter Solider." The Red Hood Story has been around for a long time. Not everything DC does is copying Marvel JFC.

Anyway, I don't know. Putting so many villains in one movie doesn't always sound good. TASM 2 did this and it wasn't too good. Age of Ultron did this, and the movie did it badly. And if judging off of BvS's characters being introduced, I have a bit of low confidence in the "a whole bunch of villains in the Batman movie" plan.

i would think so too, it traditionally is a mess, and i gotta ask, has the comic did something like this?

DragonMaster2010

i would think so too, it traditionally is a mess, and i gotta ask, has the comic did something like this?

The only comic that really introduced a lot of villains in one run was Batman Hush which had

Batman
Superman
Catwoman
Hush
Nightwing
Alfred
Killer Croc
Lady Shiva
Joker
Harley Quinn
Poison Ivy
Lois Lane
Riddler
Talia al Ghul
Robin (Tim Drake)
Scarecrow
Jason Todd
Clayface

There's a hell of a lot of characters in this comic of two volumes. So if they DID decided to adapt ALL this into a, say, two or three hour movie, it might not blend that well.

It was why I was hoping they adapt Under the Red Hood since that was easier.

absolitude

The only comic that really introduced a lot of villains in one run was Batman Hush which had

Batman
Superman
Catwoman
Hush
Nightwing
Alfred
Killer Croc
Lady Shiva
Joker
Harley Quinn
Poison Ivy
Lois Lane
Riddler
Talia al Ghul
Robin (Tim Drake)
Scarecrow
Jason Todd
Clayface

There's a hell of a lot of characters in this comic of two volumes. So if they DID decided to adapt ALL this into a, say, two or three hour movie, it might not blend that well.

It was why I was hoping they adapt Under the Red Hood since that was easier.

wow, that's alot of em, i wanted to stay optimistic and say it can be done, but then again, i did that on BvS, and while i liked it very much, it isn't nicely put together.. but damn, that's alot for two volumes.. gonna have a look what the comic is about

EDIT : damn nice art this batman hush, love the visual

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
penguin also has made it in batman returns as the main villain, and it was awesome imo.. while scarecrown in begins was uhhh.. a not so scarecrowing

True about Penguin but that was million years ago. Scarecrow was still somewhat recent and yeah I agree that Scarecrow wasn't that great, if they do him I wanna see him look more like the Arkham version.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Personally, I think that batflecks' first solo movie should focus on him as a character and therefore should only feature a villain that has a direct relationship with him.

For that reason, I agree that "Under the Red Hood" would be a great way to start, in my opinion anyway.

DragonMaster2010

I guess for me, a solo Batman film should be about the Red Hood story. Because the audience who doesn't keep up with comics probably don't know that there's been more then one Robin around. Some don't even know that there's been four Robins and think it's all just one. So I think the smart thing to do is do the Red Hood story to establish that there's been more then one Robin, that Dick use to be Robin but is now Nightwing, who the dead Robin is, and how the Joker ties in to the dead Robin.

It could have Batman, Joker, Jason Todd, Nightwing, maybe Penguin, Gordon, Barbra, and Black Mask. Just to keep this movie more grounded with street thugs, drug lords, and big-time criminals. No Two-Face though. Save him for another time.

DragonMaster2010

Looks like I stand corrected.

http://movieweb.com/batman-solo-movie-no-red-hood/
Batman Movie Won't Have Red Hood, Will Have Iconic Villains
A new report claims that Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie won't feature the Red Hood, but there will be numerous iconic villains.
BYBRIAN GALLAGHER | May 1st, 2016
12 CommentsEmail
NEdLY1kpMLL7hd_2_b.jpg

Before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hit theaters last month, rumors had circulated that Warner Bros. were so impressed with Ben Affleck's work as Batman, that the studio wanted the actor/filmmaker to star in and direct an Untitled Batman Reboot. During the studio's CinemaCon presentation, Warner Bros.' CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirmed, with many believing that the movie will take the October 5, 2018 release date the studio slotted for an unspecified superhero project. Today we have a new report that claims this highly-anticipated superhero adventure will actually feature Ben Affleck's Batman squaring off against a number of iconic villains from the DC Comics.

There have been rumors that this solo moviewill be adapted from the iconic Red Hood comic book story, especially since we learned that Robin had died 10 years before the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. This new report from Birth.Movies.Death claims that the movie won't be adapted from the Red Hood comics, but the movie will feature a slew of notable villains. The site's sources claim that Ben Affleck and his co-writer Geoff Johns want to create the definitive Batman movie, where they will include "just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie."

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice didn't reveal any details about Robin's death, but the costume display strongly hints that The Joker was responsible for his demise. There has been speculation that Robin's death may have been what lead to Batman actually killing the villains he goes up against, but it's also possible that Batman became more comfortable with killing while he was fighting crime with theBoy Wonder. It isn't known for certain whether or not we'll learn more about Robin's death in this solo movie, which has been rumored to be called The Batman.

It's possible that we'll learn more about Robin's death in the upcoming Suicide Squad, which hits theaters on August 5. We know that Ben Affleck will be appearing in that movie as Batman, since he has been seen in set videos, and the first trailer, riding atop The Joker's high-end sports car. There have been rumors that The Joker plays a big part in a massive prison riot sequence at the end of Suicide Squad, and that Batman may also confront him during this scene, possibly to avenge the death of Robin, but those details haven't been confirmed.

Unfortunately, the site didn't list which specific villains will be popping up, but Ben Affleck confirmed last month that his script for the movie has already been written. Warner Bros. hasn't revealed when production may begin, or if the October 5, 2018 date has been set aside for this movie. Stay tuned for more updates on this highly-anticipated Batman movie.

5885c889b37d35718206e8da250b0a2a.jpg

**** you Bucky.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Disappointing, I was really hoping after all that set up in prior films that it'd be Red Hood.

Still, depending on who they choose for villains, it may still be as good.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Disappointing, I was really hoping after all that set up in prior films that it'd be Red Hood.

Still, depending on who they choose for villains, it may still be as good.
Just sounds to me like yet another example of DC cramming in a bunch of stuff to have a larger universe as soon as possible.

DragonMaster2010

It still makes no sense because Bucky is just a brainwashed soldier who has no other purpose programmed into him except killing people.
Meanwhile Jason was killed and brought back to life with the vendetta of doing what Batman couldn't do in killing criminals to make up for being killed by Joker.

The only similarities they have is coming back from the dead and having it in for Batman/Cap.

If only Bucky wasn't such a rip off of Red Hood, this wouldn't be happening.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Oh come on!
Man, Jason Todd fans, we can't catch a break.
It's fine, it's all good though......Just stay the he!! away from it Zack
tumblr_n3xtx0c8ni1smvdlso2_500.gif

DragonMaster2010

Oh come on!
Man, Jason Todd fans, we can't catch a break.
It's fine, it's all good though......Just stay the he!! away from it Zack
tumblr_n3xtx0c8ni1smvdlso2_500.gif

Ben Affleck's the one doing the movie and made the choice with Jeff Johns.

Also I should add that this is ACTUALLY a rumor by a known rumor spreader who always spreads things solely because of his hate boner for all things DC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom