• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Roguelike: The Solution to DmC's Difficulty Issue

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Its basically like DmC with canceling from one move to the next in a reload of attacking pattern, only DmC does it without annoying multi-button mechanics.

Again, it's still pretty bias.

That's a really elaborate way of saying you can't do it

This video is a good example of what I'm talking about. On this difficulty each of those parries must be timed within 1/10th of a second of an attack landing, or they'll shatter through the guard. If you're counting, that's 6 frames. When a player does something like this consistently, that is genuine skill.

But if you insist that it's just like DmC, I invite you to prove it to me. I mean, I've already tried pretty hard to replicate my favorite style in DmC, but I eventually gave up with DmC's horribly inconsistent parry mechanic. If you think you can do better, go for it.

Just throw together a short video of you "canceling from one move to the next in a reload of attacking pattern" to do what this player does, and hey, it should be even easier for you since "DmC does it without annoying multi-button mechanics." I mean, a high-risk high-reward skill intensive style is one thing, but asking players to push more than one button at the same time? That's just annoying

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

This video is a good example of what I'm talking about. On this difficulty each of those parries must be timed within 1/10th of a second of an attack landing, or they'll shatter through the guard. If you're counting, that's 6 frames. When a player does something like this consistently, that is genuine skill.

But if you insist that it's just like DmC, I invite you to prove it to me. I mean, I've already tried pretty hard to replicate my favorite style in DmC, but I eventually gave up with DmC's horribly inconsistent parry mechanic. If you think you can do better, go for it.

Just throw together a short video of you "canceling from one move to the next in a reload of attacking pattern" to do what this player does, and hey, it should be even easier for you since "DmC does it without annoying multi-button mechanics." I mean, a high-risk high-reward skill intensive style is one thing, but asking players to push more than one button at the same time? That's just annoying
How does that in anyway mean he can't do it?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
there is a tougher difficulty than dmd on DMC4 called god must die and if you mix it with LDK then it can be horribly tough , try it out

Kam

How does that in anyway mean he can't do it?
well, not existing within the game is a pretty strong argument for that, so I'd say it means he can't do it in all of the ways. But once again, I'm inviting anyone to prove me wrong

Really?
You're just gonna rag on his skill level because you didn't like what he said.
Really?
You're just gonna ignore everything I just said because you didn't like what I said.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Really?
You're just gonna ignore everything I just said because you didn't like what I said.
How can I not like what you said if I ignored it?

Either I read it and didn't like it, or I ignored it altogether.

Exejpgwmv

well, not existing within the game is a pretty strong argument for that, so I'd say it means he can't do it in all of the ways. But once again, I'm inviting anyone to prove me wrong
"Its basically like DmC with canceling from one move to the next in a reload of attacking pattern, only DmC does it without annoying multi-button mechanics."
He literally says in here that it can be done in DmC, it just requires less multi-button mechanics.

Kam

"Its basically like DmC with canceling from one move to the next in a reload of attacking pattern, only DmC does it without annoying multi-button mechanics."
He literally says in here that it can be done in DmC, it just requires less multi-button mechanics.
no, what he said was some sort of insane ramble that has absolutely nothing to do with hitting a block button. Are you messing with me right now?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

So parrying. Like DmC.

For starters, like I said before. DmC and DMC4 are the same in launching an enemy up, slash away at them, and they're vulnerable. It's not about the mechanics as you say it is, but rather biology of the whole thing of hit 'em in the air, slice away, jump cancel here and there, and finally smash them down to finish them off stylishly. You insist that they're not the same, but honestly they look pretty much a like that you can tell that they're both Devil May Cry.

I don't have to do anything. The proof is in the way people combos.

ChaserTech

But it functions like Royalguard.
It doesn't have to involve holding down a "block button".

Actually with Royal Guard, you don't hold down the block button or else you're more susceptible when it comes to getting your guard crushed. You have to tap it within a few frames.

However I think my main problem is that parrying is pretty easy to do since you have a wide variety of ways to parry, meaning that he can use different weapons that have different active hitboxes and just choose the most reliant move to parry. And because of this, it more OP than Royal Guard in some instances. Not only that, but it also interrupts enemies and even stuns bosses iirc.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well I guess we will argue over which came has better mechanics and not think of better ones?
I've tried that, actually --

-- however, for some reason I honestly don't think that anyone would be interested in my ideas.

Exejpgwmv

Actually with Royal Guard, you don't hold down the block button or else you're more susceptible when it comes to getting your guard crushed. You have to tap it within a few frames.

However I think my main problem is that parrying is pretty easy to do since you have a wide variety of ways to parry, meaning that he can use different weapons that have different active hitboxes and just choose the most reliant move to parry. And because of this, it more OP than Royal Guard in some instances. Not only that, but it also interrupts enemies and even stuns bosses iirc.
I know, his words not mine :p

Also, How?
It mostly just stuns enemies and bosses.(MOSTLY)
With royal guard you are guaranteed damage.(If done correctly)

Last edited:

ChaserTech

How?
With royal guard you are guaranteed damage.

Yeah but royal guard rewards you for consecutive blocks that you've done previously. And with royal release
I know, his words not mine :p

Also, How?
With royal guard you are guaranteed damage.(If done correctly)

Even with the guaranteed damage, it's very miniscule unless you build up Dante's RG meter.

When you stun enemies/bosses in DmC, you get a lot a free hits in and it makes the boss incredibly easy. With DMC4 (and arguably DMC3) parrying bosses required you to build up your RG meter. The higher it is, the higher the damage will be dealt after a Royal Release. But building up the gauge can take a bit of time unless you are royal guarding perfectly against consecutive attacks constantly. And you don't stun bosses while using Royal Release, with the exception of Credo (but he blocks it if he's in a grounded state for most of his moves) However, even stunning credo is not enough to get a good amount of damage in.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Yeah, just dropping in here.

I would REALLY like to see RG and RG-cancel make its way into the DmC series. The way Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising did it was nifty.

Exejpgwmv

Yeah but royal guard rewards you for consecutive blocks that you've done previously. And with royal release

Even with the guaranteed damage, it's very miniscule unless you build up Dante's RG meter.

When you stun enemies/bosses in DmC, you get a lot a free hits in and it makes the boss incredibly easy. With DMC4 (and arguably DMC3) parrying bosses required you to build up your RG meter. The higher it is, the higher the damage will be dealt after a Royal Release. But building up the gauge can take a bit of time unless you are royal guarding perfectly against consecutive attacks constantly. And you don't stun bosses while using Royal Release, with the exception of Credo (but he blocks it if he's in a grounded state for most of his moves) However, even stunning credo is not enough to get a good amount of damage in.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about DMC3's uber-powerful royal guard :p

Top Bottom