• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rock V Rap

Which do you prefer

• Total voters

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
Though I do occasionally enjoy listening to rap (depends on the artist, mostly), I much prefer rock.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I mostly prefer rock. I grew up on Country and Cajun music since I am basically from the back woods. :/

As I got older I sorta got tired of it and began to listen to alot of 90s pop (when the music was actually good.) and punk rock. I still listen to alot of rock. Hell. I'm obsessed with Dethklok, Rammstein, and Murder Dolls. (I'm obsessed with alot more, but I'm not gonna make a long list about it.)

But I'm also a big lover of techno, dance and maybe a FEW, very, very, VERY few rap songs. I like dancing and having something to move my body too. Sometimes I get fed up with rock because mostly it's angsty and filled with hate and sorrow. I'm mostly fed up with rap because it really discriminates women, they cuss way too much. Seriously, don't people cuss outside of work, music and all that too much to begin with? It ruins the song. It really does. Also, I'd rather have my shirt get wet from making love than from getting shot.

End of story. :B

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
GO ROCK!!!!
rock is better than rap, although when i was younger i listened to a bit of rap, but found it boring

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Rock - used to listen to rap but then I kinda outgrew it. I don't have the patience to try and translate their made up language for a start :lol:

Why the need to swear and go on and on about how "she wants it so bad and I'm gonna give it to her"?...perhaps she is wanting an ice cream or a nice young man to take her out to dinner?

Majority of rap is violence ridden and sex obsessed and it's quite sad really. If you gotta go on about it, you're obviously not getting it.

w33l33

meh...
i do like rock but rap, for me, is better because i think it takes more skill (if you are a proper street rapper) coz rap battles are sooooo difficult! making the words up on the spot and making them rhyme! holy crap. i only got into rap after listening to eminem back in 2000 ( the marshal matthers lp) and yeah it kinda stuck...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I have a fairly eclectic musical taste but I'm not into rap. I find with rap music: the neologisms are too unimaginative, there's a lack of depth, no poetic soul, just forced rhyming crowbarred together into a big messy pulp. With drums.

It may also be because a lot of the music I'm into is very big and epic sounding as well, whilst there isn't a huge array of instruments in rap music, it's rather minimalist in that sense. I mean I can see why people like it but it's not my cup of tea.

Ms.Reaper

The Phantarch;59049 said:
I have a fairly eclectic musical taste but I'm not into rap. I find with rap music: the neologisms are too unimaginative, there's a lack of depth, no poetic soul, just forced rhyming crowbarred together into a big messy pulp. With drums.

It may also be because a lot of the music I'm into is very big and epic sounding as well, whilst there isn't a huge array of instruments in rap music, it's rather minimalist in that sense. I mean I can see why people like it but it's not my cup of tea.

I don't think that rap is a big crumble of messy sounds and lacks poetic soul. I takes talent to be able to produce a flow of words that create a message( though sometimes negative...well maybe alot of the times negative). Though I never really did listen to rap that much I do like it. I don't care for most of the mainstream rap.But me I prefer to listen to rock any alot of other different types of music.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Ms.Reaper;59056 said:
I don't think that rap is a big crumble of messy sounds and lacks poetic soul. I takes talent to be able to produce a flow of words that create a message( though sometimes negative...well maybe alot of the times negative). Though I never really did listen to rap that much I do like it. I don't care for most of the mainstream rap.But me I prefer to listen to rock any alot of other different types of music.

In the lyrical department! Give me a quote for any rap song in the last 2 years that has a lot of depth to it and I'll hand out rep.

Top Bottom