• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Retailer Lists Tomb Raider For Pre-Order With September 2011 Release Date

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
lara_1.jpg

UK retailer Shopto.net has put the Tomb Raider reboot title up for pre-order, listing it with a September 9, 2011 release date.

For now, any release date should be viewed purely speculative as launch details for the game were not revealed by Square Enix during Monday’s press release announcement. If correct though, it would throw previous rumours of a Christmas 2011 release straight out the window.

The game is a complete reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise, and see’s a young, inexperienced Lara Croft try to survive after a storm destroys the boat she was travelling on. Developer Crystal Dynamics is said to be “exploring things that have never been done before” in the franchise.

Shopto.net lists the game for release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Source: http://www.connectedconsoles.com/ps...preorder-with-september-2011-release-date.cfm

I really hope that the release date is a genuine one. If not, hopefully it will still come out in 2011. :D

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;292443 said:
Source: http://www.connectedconsoles.com/ps...preorder-with-september-2011-release-date.cfm

I really hope that the release date is a genuine one. If not, hopefully it will still come out in 2011. :D

It will be very lucky if it's correct.
As an employee of a High Street video game retailler, I can tell you that they have just put out the pre-orders to start raking in the pre-sales.

60% of people who pre-order collect/purchase their game, and so by them offering it now they can start taking names for copies when they get them. The fact that no-other retailers are offering it, means that they will have a few people putting their names down for the heck of it, so some lucky potencial future sales for them.

But, TBH, with the article that you posted earlier CM (actual screens not renders), September could be likely if they only have to refine what they have and start an ad campaign for it...we'll see.

My money is on a Christmas 2011 release ;)

Top Bottom