• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Requesting Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenocideHero

All those LP's aren't that good at all. The text is atrocious and all of them are unbelievably un-blended nothing mixes together besides the color. All of them all a bunch of pics posted together with some brushing above them and some small touches like motion blur and some "blending" effects.

lady.png

Something like this is nicely blended. The light is in perfect position in the top left corner to make it look like the C4d was originally part of the picture. The text is in a nice readable place where it's not to out there but not to hidden.

Just a hint but you should never use more than one picture because it make the sig to busy and adding text is simple just don't add to much text like sentences.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
GenocideHero;19285 said:
lady.png

Something like this is nicely blended. The light is in perfect position in the top left corner to make it look like the C4d was originally part of the picture. The text is in a nice readable place where it's not to out there but not to hidden.
Jesus Christ you say that is nice? Sure it may be blended, but face it the colours are horrible. And the name of the person who made it is not supposed to be that visible for it distracts attention away from what is going on in the actual signature (and the signature text), unless of course the sig is supposed to be based on you. And having just one picture in your sig with a basic background shows you really lack creativity. I mean, take yours as an example:

SP3.png

It is plain. All it is is a picture with a few effects on a white background with fancy text to make up for it. Now you show me a good enough sig and WE can decide on what type of graphics maker you are. Hell you might even make into the crew.

"Uroboros Graphics Inc".

De-Buck-

Half manHalf amazin'
Well, since i see everyone here with their sigs, i've decided to give it a shot again...let's hope it'll work out huh

well, anyway, some of my earlier work, you can think about it what you want...i like them

dragon.jpg

Hyp1.jpg

mmt.jpg

godtho.jpg

ratchettho2.jpg

well, as you can see...my text wasn't that good..but hey...i can only get better at it

anyway, IF anyone wants a sig, i'd be glad to make them one...just be patient, because i don't have too much time

Steven

That-Damn-Good
God, if you were on any type of graphics forum you would get smacked for saying "Only one picture" pff, you know nothing about graphics. And tell me, when did you first see a sig like mine, I haven't seen one, and that is my point, it's called "Originality". Yeah, and that is something that you couldn't even comprehend.

You think this is good?:

Sol.png

I'll give you my insites on your graphics shall I? Well, one you can't even see what the hell is going on, you are using Basic font packs (i.e. the ones that come with the actual computer in the firt place), you are using even more standard brushes, you have no blending what so ever, and for what I can see you, well took a C4D or something.

And as for your other one, well Korn pretty much "Duh'd" that, didn't he?

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
De-Buck-;19349 said:
Well, since i see everyone here with their sigs, i've decided to give it a shot again...let's hope it'll work out huh

well, anyway, some of my earlier work, you can think about it what you want...i like them

dragon.jpg

Hyp1.jpg

mmt.jpg

godtho.jpg

ratchettho2.jpg

well, as you can see...my text wasn't that good..but hey...i can only get better at it

anyway, IF anyone wants a sig, i'd be glad to make them one...just be patient, because i don't have too much time
You see Genocide-THAT is how you make signatures! Great background, nice, smooth blend and fantasic effects

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
De-Buck-;19349 said:

dragon.jpg

Hyp1.jpg

mmt.jpg

godtho.jpg

ratchettho2.jpg

wow, that top one is fu<kin awesome, i dont kno what it is, but it looks damn cool... and i agree with everyone else... that sig that genocide hero made is actually really shoddy.

now im no graphics maker, im actually very terrible at it, and you may be thinking "what gives you the right to complain then?"

the thing is, if you're going to criticize other people's work, at least have the balls to say yours su<ks if it does

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ok, first off this ridiculous arguing and attacking one another stops right now. If you cannot constructively criticise one another, then say nothing at all - I have kept my opinions to myself and perhaps it would be wise if others did the same - especially staff members. Artists of any kind are notorious for being protective, shall we say, of their work and people need to bear that in mind when posting an opinion. And for those of you who have clearly decided to turn this into a personal attacking thread, you need to stop taking things personally and replying with equally caustic attacks on one another's work. If this continues, I shall close this thread down.

I do not want to have to speak to you all about this again.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Angel;19408 said:
Ok, first off this ridiculous arguing and attacking one another stops right now. If you cannot constructively criticise one another, then say nothing at all - I have kept my opinions to myself and perhaps it would be wise if others did the same - especially staff members. Artists of any kind are notorious for being protective, shall we say, of their work and people need to bear that in mind when posting an opinion. And for those of you who have clearly decided to turn this into a personal attacking thread, you need to stop taking things personally and replying with equally caustic attacks on one another's work. If this continues, I shall close this thread down.

I do not want to have to speak to you all about this again.
Apologies, I should not have provoked this arguement. But the thing is that nobody is protective about their art. It is the lack of constructive critisism which everyone hates. I would not care if someone critisized my art if he/she had good points about it. Now back on topic...

NEW GRAPHICS MEMBER!!

Yes, yesterday me and Steven decided that we should add a member to our graphics crew, and this member in particular has impressed us alot with his graphics, and the name of that member is DE-BUCK-. Welcome aboard ;)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Thank you for that - I appreciate it. There is no one specific to blame, so please do not lay it on yourself. It's just a general warning...^_^

De-Buck-

Half manHalf amazin'
KoRn_Dowwg666;19446 said:
NEW GRAPHICS MEMBER!!

Yes, yesterday me and Steven decided that we should add a member to our graphics crew, and this member in particular has impressed us alot with his graphics, and the name of that member is DE-BUCK-. Welcome aboard ;)

heh, thanks, i'm just glad that i can help you guys out, well, not that you need it but...you get the point :p

sooooo...i guess that i'm open for sig requests now too huh? so pm me if you want me to make you one

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
i like the way steve and korn do there sigs, the way there are loads of pics in the background, but a more solid picture for the main focus of the sig. very nice. also, you don't use loads of different colours which ruins most pictures, but i can't really say much about use of colours as i'm partially colour blind

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
pinky750;19494 said:
i like the way steve and korn do there sigs, the way there are loads of pics in the background, but a more solid picture for the main focus of the sig. very nice. also, you don't use loads of different colours which ruins most pictures, but i can't really say much about use of colours as i'm partially colour blind
LOL Thanks Pink! But the thing is that I do not know if I should take that last sentence seriously or as a joke...

Oh yeah, and have we made a name for this request forum yet? There was
Signatures Must Die (De-Buck-'s name)
Signatures from Hell (Pinky750's name), and...
Stylish Graphics (actually, I cannot remember who made this one up...)
Uroboros Graphics Inc (My name)

Which one should we use? If not any of those, can someone come up with one?

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
the end is serious

funny name: devil may cry... because he hasn't got graphics in his sig! naah, too long...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Uroboros Graphics Inc. doesn't sound bad at all... some nice ideas, KoRn! ;)

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
d4rkn1ght;19812 said:
ya.........it was a nice ideas.......like what is Uroboros o_O?
I said, Uroboros is the company Arius owns in DMC2. But nya, I don't like it. Hmmmmmmmmmm....I cannot think of anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom