• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Requesting Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Well, I was pondering about making this thread last night, and well, here I am with it.

So my querie is, people around here like to have Signatures. And so, I thought I would run this idea past you Steve (don't mind me calling you that do you?) why don't we have Graphics Staff here at Devil May Cry.org.

Now your thinking why do we need them. Well, because people Like me and Korn_Dowwg666, offer our support in the Graphics making positions. Of course you may ask "What would the Graphics Staff do around here?", well, here is what I thought.

If it is possible for you to do, could you create maybe a Sub Board within the General Board and call it "Sig and Avatar Requests", or "Graphics Request" if needs be. And put the Graphics Staff Group in charge of this Forum to lock and delete threads (the threads being a persons request). When the Graphics Staff are finished doing the request (they wait for a response off the creator of the thread). And then if they are happy with the Graphic they close the thread.

Please take this into Consideration, as it would be nice to have this around the site.

Regards,
Steven.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Hmmm, I will have to agree... I have had a few PMs for requests, and having to answer and make each one individualy takes alot of time and private messaging space. Please note, if this is to be done the person who wants to make the request MUST include the following details about their sig:

Size-from 450x150 to 625 x 250.

Colour

Theme

Pictures (you can either post them or say what characters you want etc etc)

Animation-yes or no.

Text (this includes your name)

If this was to be done it would save alot of hassle for graphics makers. I am for it.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
That's a very interesting idea, Steven; I totally agree and believe it would make for a great addition to the forum provided some of the talented artists here don't mind helping out with requests. I'm just curious though, what would you guys like the new forum to be called? I understand we like the idea of 'Graphics Request' and the like, but if possible, I'd like to go for a more 'Devil May Cry' themed title, like how the forum games area is known as 'Bloody Palace'.

But just to clarify: I think it's a great idea and support it 100%.

And yes, everyone is more than welcome to call me Steve. ;)

De-Buck-

Half manHalf amazin'
Yeah...or signatures must die:lol: no...not really though :D

well, maybe Sig Digest or something like that, just a thought:)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Haha! Nice suggestions, guys! I especially like 'Signatures must die'... Nice one. ^_^

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It is certainly an idea and wouldn't take much to implement it so as Steve said if you guys can come up with a DMC related title, then I see no reason why we can't rustle a forum up for you :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The idea is nice, I don't how many artists we have in the forum, but certainly the number shouldn't be the one to stop the creation of the forum if everyone else agrees.
As for a name, why can't we stick with sth simple like Devil May Cry Fan Art Forum or sth:)

Qairthra

I Punt Demons.
i agree on it,really.
korn_dowwg666 has done an amazing job on my sig and really,i think its a great idea.

GenocideHero

KoRn_Dowwg666;18499 said:
Hmmm, I will have to agree... I have had a few PMs for requests, and having to answer and make each one individualy takes alot of time and private messaging space. Please note, if this is to be done the person who wants to make the request MUST include the following details about their sig:

Size-from 450x150 to 625 x 250.

Colour

Theme

Pictures (you can either post them or say what characters you want etc etc)

Animation-yes or no.

Text (this includes your name)

If this was to be done it would save alot of hassle for graphics makers. I am for it.
No offense to anyone but Korn dog and Steven's GFX ability isn't that great. The idea is brilliant and solid but having a GFX crew that makes the sigs for everyone that requests needs people with time and skill because if you don't have time to make sigs then you'll never get any work done and if you don't have and skill then the consumers wouldn't like your finished product and end asking for a new one. Good luck on the GFX crew.

-GenocideHero

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Taking all of the above into account, whilst the standard of ability may not be to everyone's liking, I can confidently say that so long as there are people who want Steven and Korn to make them avatars and signature graphics, then it will be fine. On another forum I admin for, we have some photoshop artists who in my opinion suck, but people are clamouring for them to make them artwork because either they don't have the skills themselves, the software or the inclination. If someone doesn't want their sig/avatar to be made for them by members of this forum then they don't have to - but I'm pretty sure plenty of others will.

I see your point, of course I do, but if there are people willing to give it a shot and take the time to make images for others and these customers are happy with the end result, then that's all there is to it. Maybe if the forum is set up, our resident artists can give us a little taster of what they intend to provide? I dunno...

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Um, well thanks for the Feedback guys. But to the one, who says we don't have skill... How can you even judge my graphics knowing you've only seen one. Dude don't mind me being nasty here, but how shallow can you be? In further, if you would like some examples you can Pm me. ;)

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
GenocideHero;18686 said:
No offense to anyone but Korn dog and Steven's GFX ability isn't that great. The idea is brilliant and solid but having a GFX crew that makes the sigs for everyone that requests needs people with time and skill because if you don't have time to make sigs then you'll never get any work done and if you don't have and skill then the consumers wouldn't like your finished product and end asking for a new one. Good luck on the GFX crew.

-GenocideHero
WELL for a start, see more of my signatures before commenting. If you have and still don't like them-nrokay, everyone has their opinions, but we DO have graphics making skill thank you very much, you just judge people too soon. And Christ, Steven is one hundred times better than me and he has tought me so much about signature making. He has made alot of brilliant graphics for alot of people aswell, so before you even say he has no skill, HAHA, yeah, think again. So really, I guess you are too quick to critisize.

And thank you everyone for the support! :D

GenocideHero

Not that I want to be an A-hole but I was quick to judge since most GFX artist like to post their recent work to show off the work they have made. I'm not saying you don't have skill I'm saying you use such and old style of sigs that makes me believe that you've done more like it so if you want to prove me wrong just pm me some work and I'll check it out. I know most of you probably have time to make all the craving members some sigs with their crazy requests.

Good luck with your sigs must die.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Well you wanted to see some of my work, so here it is, I know you may not like the Subject but eh, it is my graphics... So maybe now you can see that I adapt my own style of Graphics. Okip?

JohnCenawallpaper.png

Edgewallpaper.png

Vergilbackground.png

undertakerbanages.png

Nerobansos.png

So um, before you judge take a Look. And you can see that I do not use an "Old Style" of graphics.

Oh and click the bar to see the cuts tidy, and to see the images in the background clearer.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
steelerswallpaper.png

DMC.png

DMCblah3.png

Any good? 'Cause I have a WHOOOOOOOLE lot more. And sorry for double posting, I wanted to add a few more images...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom