• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remastered trend

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
When starting this thread, I wanted to ask what games would you like to see on the next gen... Sorry our current generation

There are a few games that I think would look good on the new consoles. Due to lack of backwards compatibility, The games should be older than at least Three years old.

Like I would like to see
Dragon's Dogma
Red Dead Redemption
and maybe Armored Core

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As much as I love Red Dead, I just want another game. I don't need a remaster.

When I think games that should be remade, I'm thinking of legit remakes (like REmake and Twin Snakes), not just the same game with a prettier coat of paint. So, here's what I think could get remakes.

• Zombies Ate My Neighbors - In the vein of something like Castle Crashers, this wacky zombie game returning would be great.
  • Asteroids- Imagine a really cheesy B-movie disaster type of story and tone with exciting space battles against the asteroids anf probably other over the top enemies.
  • Jet Grind Radio- While I would like another game, I can also be content with just a HD remaster to this stylish skating game. Add in some kickass multiplayer modes and you're in business.
  • Earthworm Jim- Like Ducktales Remastered, let's get good ol Jim back.
  • Shenmue- A remaster of this old game could finally give us the long awaited sequel.
  • The Legend of Dragoon- An older RPG I rather enjoyed and I'm not even the biggest RPG guy.
  • Tenchu:Stealth Assassins- A ninja game where you actually do ninja things instead of slash up everything. Some improved stealth mechanics and HD look can bring this game beautifully back to life.
  • Thief:The Dark Project- The reboot may have been disappointing, but this classic officially remade would be awesome.
  • Bushido Blade- One of the more interesting fighting games I've ever played where there was no life bar, only precision strikes to vital areas to win the match. Improved fighting mechanics and you got yourself an even better winner.
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - A remake on specifically the WiiU with new trippy features.

I think I'll stop here as I'd be here a while.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The ps2 onimusha games
Baldurs gate 1-2
Age of empires for current gen
The ps2 silent hill games
final fantasy 7
shadow of the colossus
A proper shinobi remaster
manhunt
Syphon filter

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Anything people actually remember Rare for
The AvP beat em up
The x-men beat em up: preferably with more X-men( Gambit and Beast), and X-force, and classic Deadpool for good measure

Nightmare Omni

Oh God yes Shenmue!!

Legend of Dragoon with improved visuals and maybe extra levels/areas would be great but a Prequel set in the Dragon Campaign Era with Zone of the Enders style Ariel Combat between Dragoons, Winglies and Virages would be fantastic!
Even a Sequel would be great!
Funnily enough I have been working on a plot bunny for a sequel story/game pitch to Sony. Story/Script only though.

I'd love to see Record of Lodoss War off the Dreamcast updated too! :)

Shadow Hearts as a Collection would be fine but I think Koudelka needs a Graphical Overhaul as it is rather dated/visually primitive now. Although the FMV still looks nice despite age.

Onimusha Collection would be good but visually it is still gorgeous, so other than bonus features like New Character Outfits/Skins, Extra Demon Dungeons, Concept art etc not sure.

The very first Tenchu was Glorious!
The sequels.... Not so much.

Monster Rancher 2 as a remake would be super and an RPG based on the Anime timed with a new broadcast of the Anime could revive Tecmo's ailing franchise and sell loads of merch to kids that have only just heard of it.

Discworld Noir could do with a re-release but it is unlikely.

I would love to see Populous: the beginning remastered both visually and extra campaigns with online Multiplayer.

It would be good if Eidos negotiated with the Team at work on LoK Blood Omnicide Mod to release a collaborative 3d Blood Omen game.
Maybe then the Mod will finally be complete.
I honestly would be happy to pay for this.

If the Dreamcast version of Soul Reaver was released as a remaster that would be good as both PC and PS1 versions while excellent games do look awful.

Nightmare Omni

Parasite Eve and Galerians would benefit from a makeover too.

Maybe a Neo Galerians could implement improved Psychic Powers for Combat and Non Combat game play? The Psychometry in Game was great, very innovative but the combat... Meh. The Bosses were great but Rion himself... Would have been good if he good gain the Bosses Abilities/Techniques after defeating them or rarn their skills only if the Battle lasts long enough to analyse the applications of Psychic Power and Skill. Maybe a Skill Meter you need to fill or a Time limit you need to surpass with a minimum of damage etc. Sort of like Trophies but with an actual tamgible reward/game addition?

There were a few PS2 games featuring interesting Psychic Powers in gameplsy as opposed to vutscenes but I do not remember their titles.

One was about a Spec Ops Guy I think and the other was an escaped Human Guinea Pig?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Parasite Eve and Galerians would benefit from a makeover too.

Maybe a Neo Galerians could implement improved Psychic Powers for Combat and Non Combat game play? The Psychometry in Game was great, very innovative but the combat... Meh. The Bosses were great but Rion himself... Would have been good if he good gain the Bosses Abilities/Techniques after defeating them or rarn their skills only if the Battle lasts long enough to analyse the applications of Psychic Power and Skill. Maybe a Skill Meter you need to fill or a Time limit you need to surpass with a minimum of damage etc. Sort of like Trophies but with an actual tamgible reward/game addition?
Personally I loved first Galerians. Not so much second one. It needed much better gameplay.

One was about a Spec Ops Guy I think and the other was an escaped Human Guinea Pig?
Not sure, but you mean Second Sight?
Second-Sight.jpg

Nightmare Omni

Personally I loved first Galerians. Not so much second one. It needed much better gameplay.

Not sure, but you mean Second Sight?
Second-Sight.jpg

I never played the Second Galerians but yeah the first was great.

Second Sight.... Maybe?

I think the other one may have been called Psi Ops? Not Sure.

The pre Rendered Backgrounds and FMV in Galerians was good but the Character 3D models in Gameplay were poor. Similar to Resident Evil 1 Player Character Models etc, blocky, visible seams/joins on the Skin.

Combat revamp definately!

Even using the Telekinetic Bolt from Soul Reaver 1 would be an improvement and the TK effects from LOK: Defiance while simple were good too.

But yeah those PS2 Psychic games had some nice Psychic Combat Mechanics.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I'm still waiting for the Resident Evil 2 remaster. For some reason, they've announced a remaster of RE Zero, which is nice, but RE2 still hasn't even been hinted at.

Aside from RE2, I suppose a Lost Odyssey or LotR: The Third Age remaster would be nice. Sadly, I don't think TTA is iconic enough to remaster. Oh, and a Jade Empire remaster, maybe.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I never played the Second Galerians but yeah the first was great.

Second Sight.... Maybe?

I think the other one may have been called Psi Ops? Not Sure.

The pre Rendered Backgrounds and FMV in Galerians was good but the Character 3D models in Gameplay were poor. Similar to Resident Evil 1 Player Character Models etc, blocky, visible seams/joins on the Skin.

Combat revamp definately!

Even using the Telekinetic Bolt from Soul Reaver 1 would be an improvement and the TK effects from LOK: Defiance while simple were good too.

But yeah those PS2 Psychic games had some nice Psychic Combat Mechanics.
Second game has better combat, but it rehashes to much places. You basically runs around same areas. New Galerians also not as cool as original generation.
Second sight is half-stealth game where you use your psychic powers to get through game. It also has similar start to Galerians where you woke in asylum for test subjects.
I think Galerians has cool character design and cool mimic, but it could be done better with modern technology.

Nightmare Omni

Ooh! Heres a good one!

Summoner by THQ

That game looked ancient even when it first came out on sale but boy was the Story and Lore engrossing!

Really good length, loads of stuff to do, so much to explore!

If that was Graphically Updated with a few extras I would buy it in a heartbeat!

The Sequel was a lot more visually stunning but there were less places to go and less to do.

I liked the sequels different cultural perspective from the first game as each Nation/Region Demonised/Villified the other but I hated how it marginalised/made light of the original events and outcomes of the first game.

I wont give Spoilers but I will say that Summoner 2 had enough to stand as an equal but instead tried to surpass the first games Lore and Power Balance to it's detriment.
Urath and Laharrah should have been on the same level.

I prefer the first game and am sad no attempt in 2 was made to revisit areas from the first to see how time changed things on the first continent and the Jade Empire also which shared a Continent with the second games locales.

Even now Summoner is a game I would reccomend despite aging badly visually.

2 is.... Ok but I still cling to my dissatisfaction and grumble over how it could have been.

Nightmare Omni

Shadow Hearts and Rogue Galaxy still look pretty good now. I replay them occasionally due to how good they are! :)

Dark Cloud might benefit from a remaster though?

Blood Omen.... I agree. The Blood Omnicide Mod does this fairly well but it is still unfinished.

A remaster in the style of Soul Reaver 1 Dreamcast version might be an interesting adaptation though.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Shadow Hearts and Rogue Galaxy still look pretty good now. I replay them occasionally due to how good they are! :)

Dark Cloud might benefit from a remaster though?

Blood Omen.... I agree. The Blood Omnicide Mod does this fairly well but it is still unfinished.

A remaster in the style of Soul Reaver 1 Dreamcast version might be an interesting adaptation though.
Oooor we need new Blood Omen :( which probably never gonna happens, since Square is stupid :(

Top Bottom