• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remake of DMCs on PS3

do you want the three DMCs of PS2 ported to PS3?

• Yes, please

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No, it's not worth it

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayv

hello guys. A lot of fans were very excited when Sony announced the remake of God of War & God of War II on PS3. And as I am a big fan to both GOW and DMC I've been wondering if Capcom could make a similar move and port the three DMC titles on PlayStation 2 to PS3 in one BD such and name it "Devil May Cry Trilogy". So what do you think guys? Is it worthy?

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I'm not saying its a bad idea, but instead of remaking the other DMCs, they should focus on the next DMC, cause we all want it to be a great game and I know how lazy capcom guys can be just by looking at some things they did it the past...
I think they should remake these games in a future console, like PS4 or whatever, then we would see a HUGE graphical improvement.

Keaton

Premium
Personally it'd be nice if you were actually able to play previous gen. games on consoles aside from the Wii or Emulator form.

The PS3 would've sold a hullava lot more if they had opted for Backwards compatibility...heck, I'd buy one now if it was.

Same applies for 360, if you were able to play Original Xbox games w/out faffing about with downloads or XBLM then i'm sure they'd make more money on older titles. Even being able to re-release them as 'classics'.

For shame.

Ghost Of DMC.ORG

Nero is the best
Also a reason as to why they remake ps2 games for the PS3 (Or even the 360) is because they would not play on those consoles if they were in PS2 disk form. So they have to spend money to do that pretty much, meaning they lose money. But perhaps it's because they have so much money, they couldn't really care how they did this whole thing. For instance, if I had billions, I wouldn't care how I redesigned something. As long as I made the thing decent in the first place, it wouldn't matter how I spent my money redesigning it. They probably just can't be bothered to do this, even though they lose money.

All great gaming consoles are at war with one another. So it's not like they will make it so you can play every game on each console. Hence why they have exclusives. PS3 have games you CAN'T ever play on 360, and 360 have games you CAN'T ever play on PS3. Just how it is.

I say there would be no need to waste money remaking the already existing titles. They will waste their time on satisfying us all with future releases, if they bothered with this.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I think DMC2 needs to be fixed. Dante and Lucia, their personalities didn't suit me.

Dante - Reuben Langdon
Lucia - Patricia Ja Lee

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I think that if the original DMCs are ported to PS3, then the fans who have played DMC4 on the 360 deserve to have it as well.
I know some time ago on a certain auction website i saw a DMC trilogy being sold... but it could have been fake...

The trouble with ports as Ghost of DMC.ORG says is money. Take MGS4, Whereas on the PS3 the game would only need one blu-ray disc, on the 360 MGS4 would take 2-4 discs. (I'm sure you know, that blu-ray stores a lot more data than a conventional 360 disc)

Also, with the 'trilogy' where would you fit in DMC3: Special Edition (or as i call it 3.5)

There is only one Dante, and i agree with Ronin - Reuben Langdon (who i always thought looked a bit like Dante)

ayv

I don't believe that's the way it works, first the BD has much greater capacity it could hold 5 DVDs so DMC+2DVD of DMC2+DMC3+DMC3Se. in that way the 360 owners have less chance. besides there might be exclucivity deal between capcom and sony in the previous titles

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
DMC4 should have been exclusive, but Capcom felt that they could probably make more money rolling it out over two consoles, seeing that games from this Gen are costing so much to make.
Surely it would be easier to re-publish the ps2 DMC games as downloadable content on the PSNetwork.
If the original trilogy is released on the PS3, then Capcom would be alienating the fans on the 360. (Thats my opinion.)
I don't have a PS3, and i have been lucky because all of the games i wanted have come out on the 360. (I got a 360 because DMC4 came out on it and it was cheaper than a PS3.)
Also, can't the original games be played on the PS3? (Backwards compatible)

So my next question is, where does DMC3 special edition fit into this as a trilogy, or would it be left out?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Only hopefully Vergil would actually have a path and a proper story in the game and not have it as just a cut and paste of Dante's missions.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Capcom probably wouldn't do that because of the money it would cost.
That's why Vergil only got a half-@ss story on Special Edition (Dante's levels and two cutscenes.)

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
darth_angelo45;185864 said:
Only hopefully Vergil would actually have a path and a proper story in the game and not have it as just a cut and paste of Dante's missions.

This is one of the things that make me consider Capcom devs lazy sometimes...

I think Xbox 360 deserves Devil May Cry games the same way we are getting their Ninja Gaiden games...

ayv

since xbox360 doesn't have a BD to contain all titles together they might release it as a downloadable content

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
TA-DAH! CAPCOM HAVE ANNOUNCED THEY ARE MAKING A TRILOGY OF DMC!
Sorry for shouting...

Well, i say are... on their website they are polling opinions regarding a trilogy.

It would be the first three games, in a hi-res version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom