• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Recurring characters in DmC

Domenic93

Dante in this game is more abrasive, but pretty much the same. I want Vergil the same way, take his normal and cold attitude and make him slightly more abrasive. Also, I hope they don't change Yamato, as long as its a Katana I'll be okay with it.
I don't know it's probably "too japanesey" for ninja theory or what capcom wants

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I don't know it's probably "too japanesey" for ninja theory or what capcom wants

doubt it, a sword is a sword, the whole point of Yammatto was that it was simple yet so cool that to this day nerd across the internet are debating whether or not it will be the same SHAPE as it used to be and Yammatto is as japanesse as a name can be.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Their name is "Ninja Theory" for god's sake! If it appears in the game it will most likely be a Katana!
They have "Theory" in their name, Vergil's weapon will be boring people to death with his theories solving Zelda plotholes

Domenic93

yeah that's true the storyline is pretty inconsistent in the dmc universe lol but i guess we should get back on topic :)
well there is a way to make dmc 3 consistant with novel and the first game. for the novel you just got to remove any mention of vergil working for mundus, change the name of dante's sword to rebellion and the art to rebellion, and change the description of vergils devil trigger, and remove the mention of vergil using the shotgun and change it with the magic swords. and for dmc3 vergil could have had the metal part gold plated. that over the years between dmc3 and 1 had worn off somehow.

Jane Sweetbee

well there is a way to make dmc 3 consistant with novel and the first game. for the novel you just got to remove any mention of vergil working for mundus, change the name of dante's sword to rebellion and the art to rebellion, and change the description of vergils devil trigger, and remove the mention of vergil using the shotgun and change it with the magic swords. and for dmc3 vergil could have had the metal part gold plated. that over the years between dmc3 and 1 had worn off somehow.

The biggest inconsistence is in DMC1 Vergil never met Dante since their separation in the childhood. Vergil was brought to the underworld and was raised up there by demon until he became Nelo Angelo. The twin never had a chance to meet each other before their encounter as Dante and Nelo Angelo. Vergil, as his incarnation in DMC3, literally doesn't exist in DMC1's universe. He is only Nelo Angelo. DMC3 actually overturned a very important part of DMC1's storyline. Ironically, all other DMC games run against DMC1 with respect to Vergil's appearance, including DmC (Vergil is highly possible there).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Your idea for Lucia is interesting.

Beryl already has a gimmick to make her stand out she has a scar that reacts to demonic energy.(that and the fact that she uses an anti-tank rifle in a series where the main charicters tend to prefer pistols)

Kat fills Kat's role there is no reason to put another charicter in that role and Patty doesn't fit that type of role anyway

To "flesh out" a charicter means building up from their established personality not compleatly replacing it. Kyrie is kind, caring, and supportive but not a fighter. Devil May Cry has more than enough female charicters in battle it can survive having a few that help in a different way.

Well I think the problem with Trish is that this new Dante might not have a relationship with his mom or know who she is so it might not be wise to play up that angle. It might be easier just to bring Eva back and save trish for a sequel.

If you still want to use her, I got two ideas.

1. We are going full-cock and making her a genuine clone or shade of eva complete with the little tics that make Eva, Eva. Think more like Sloth the Homonculi from the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime and Dom's wife from Inception. It would be more psychological horror-ish if Dante was confused and actually thought he was fighting his mom, in mind, body and soul rather than just body.

2. Rather than Trish looking like the mom he doesnt really know about, I was thinking of making her look like someone he knows in the present, like a comrade within the organization. Jessica who is Grue the bounty hunter's daughter from the first novel might be up for it. Having an angel taking over his friends body and not knowing the consequences of her action might be interesting. Plus having all of her friends and relatives reacting to Trish's intrusion in their lives and trying to figure out how to deal might be fun to chart.

We gotta make that into something more useful and defined. How does her scar work anyway?

To be honest, Patty is only 8 so its hard to know what she would be like when she is older. Plus she does have witch powers and she is hanging around devil hunters so maybe they could teach her some things.

So if i was writing this thing, I would probably just use patty or fold her into Kat. Since we already have Kat, Patty would just be a minor background character. Kyrie would have more importance.

Well people hated Kyrie since she was weak and only existed to be the damsel.So if we are gonna bring her back, we might as well make more capable. The next for her character in the old series was to learn how too fight anyway, reasoning that if she was gonna be with a guy who hunts demons, she would have to learn how to defend herself if god forbid she was cornered on her own.

She doesnt have to a badass, just able to protect herself and able to contribute in a "all hands on deck"scenario outside of medic and book support.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I say they make Nero a regular orphan who someone subjects to genetic splicing with Dante's, Vergil's, or Sparda's genes. Hence, he's not born part demon but he'll become part demon.
Or he could have just been an outright test-tube baby.

I think they imply both in DMC4. And the idea that Vergil could have had a kid at some point (wherever that would fit into the plot). That narrative was all over the place, so its easy to forget what they were trying to get across there.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well I think the problem with Trish is that this new Dante might not have a relationship with his mom or know who she is so it might not be wise to play up that angle. It might be easier just to bring Eva back and save trish for a sequel.

If you still want to use her, I got two ideas.

1. We are going full-cock and making her a genuine clone or shade of eva complete with the little tics that make Eva, Eva. Think more like Sloth the Homonculi from the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime and Dom's wife from Inception. It would be more psychological horror-ish if Dante was confused and actually thought he was fighting his mom, in mind, body and soul rather than just body.

2. Rather than Trish looking like the mom he doesnt really know about, I was thinking of making her look like someone he knows in the present, like a comrade within the organization. Jessica who is Grue the bounty hunter's daughter from the first novel might be up for it. Having an angel taking over his friends body and not knowing the consequences of her action might be interesting. Plus having all of her friends and relatives reacting to Trish's intrusion in their lives and trying to figure out how to deal might be fun to chart.

We gotta make that into something more useful and defined. How does her scar work anyway?

To be honest, Patty is only 8 so its hard to know what she would be like when she is older. Plus she does have witch powers and she is hanging around devil hunters so maybe they could teach her some things.

So if i was writing this thing, I would probably just use patty or fold her into Kat. Since we already have Kat, Patty would just be a minor background character. Kyrie would have more importance.

Well people hated Kyrie since she was weak and only existed to be the damsel.So if we are gonna bring her back, we might as well make more capable. The next for her character in the old series was to learn how too fight anyway, reasoning that if she was gonna be with a guy who hunts demons, she would have to learn how to defend herself if god forbid she was cornered on her own.

She doesnt have to a badass, just able to protect herself and able to contribute in a "all hands on deck"scenario outside of medic and book support.
Both of your idea's for Trish would work very well.

The abilities of Beryl's scar weren't really clearly explained. Mostly it just hurt when she was near the artifact responsible for the injury. it also reacted to other strong sources of demonic energy and in the first chapter she used it to predict an enemy's attack.

The ability to fight wouldn't interfere with Kyrie's charicterization as long as it isn't her primary role.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Both of your idea's for Trish would work very well.

The abilities of Beryl's scar weren't really clearly explained. Mostly it just hurt when she was near the artifact responsible for the injury. it also reacted to other strong sources of demonic energy and in the first chapter she used it to predict an enemy's attack.

The ability to fight wouldn't interfere with Kyrie's charicterization as long as it isn't her primary role.

Thanks.

Lucia fights the same way she did in the old series, and If we are still going with the Half-demon thing for Nero, He just fights with his fists then. Trish focuses on more areal combat and fries people with lightning.

I'm guessing most of these terrorists would have to be psychic then, in order to actually see the demons. So Beryl's scar could be a common occurence amongst the non witch members of the terrorists. They all have scars from demon attacks that allow them to actually see the demons.

i'm pretty sure she could just be both. She can be both nero's emotional support and a fighter. Thats how most superhero relationships work anyway.

Enzo is a character who i've wanted to do more with since i read a good fanfic with the character. Pretty much he is a coward who would eventually become a badass. He and Dante are friends and Enzo worked as a delivery boy for a gangster before he helps Dante killing said gangster as said gangster was a demon. He is more like Rocco from the boondock Saints.

mundus has to be a grandiose villian on par with megatron from transformers or Darkseid from DC comics.

Virago

Not listening.
Vergil will probably have a part in the reboot though it's anyone's guess as to what kind of part. It might be interesting (and certainly more Western) to have him as an ambiguous character rather than an evil twin.

We probably will not see Lady or Lucia, and if we do, they will be extremely different from previous incarnations. Both played off the old Dante's poor financial skills and hokey attitude, leaving them without a whole lot of personality.

I hope Trish has nothing to do with this game. I always found that whole Oedipus Complex thing with her and Dante really freaky. NT could always give us some other sexy blonde to take her place if that element is so important...

Top Bottom