• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rebuilding Vergil.

KatTheNephilim

Spirit Medium
Was DMC3 made knowing they might do playable Vergil for the Special Edition? I know he was playable in vanilla DMC3 if you plugged in a second controller during the Arkham bossfight, no idea if the gameplay during the Arkham bossfight for player 2 is the same as DMC3SE Vergil though. Some of you would probably know?
DMC 3 when you played as Vergil P2 which I did a lot wasn't the same he only had Yamato Could only use his Forward rush attack and his regular Three hit combo If you tried to use the summoned swords you would just swing Yamato the same

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Look, guys. DMC3 wouldn't be revered if it wasn't designed the way it was... Its only problem was the archaic camera. Fundamentally, the controls are good, and it's what made DMC3 this cult-following action game. I've been playing DMC3 from the recently released HD collection, and the only fault that I could find was the camera. It was using Resident Evil-style "seated" camera, which is a good idea, otherwise we wouldn't be able to be in awe of some of the environments. The iris of the camera was superb. It saw things the human eye couldn't see in real life. That stage in 13-14-15, where you start off with the motorcycle riding on the wall? If you go back there, the camera angle makes the area look crisp, and sharp, despite the textures looking "bland."

I love the controls of DMC3 because if you mastered it well, you could fight Vergil Battle 2 by zapping all over the screen like a badass. That was the only time where I thought the controls weren't used as intended. That fight made me feel like Goku fighting against Vegeta, if that makes any sense. I think that boss battle was intended to bring you to that intended end-game. The music, the fight style Vergil was using, the patterns, and then the escalation. The final Battle between Dante and Vergil was a little better at this point because of the size of the "boss room" and you had to use your dash, triple dash, air dash and whatever else you had to do to be airborne.

The reason why you didn't like the weapons on Vergil is because as a player, your attacks are limited, and you don't get to use most of the weapons because most enemies die the same way regardless of the weapon, except by RPG-like balances (weapon being stronger on the enemy you fought before with original weapon, etc.) The God of War reboot in norse mythology pretty much fixed this for Kratos' battles with enemies, and/or bosses. DMC5 needs to follow this style of gameplay if they want players to use most, if not all weapons in the DMC game.

Top Bottom