• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Really need to make the choice

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Ok .. i have been playing pokemon platinum on my laptop for a couple of days and got to the last of the pokemon league and would like to think my pokemon are good but the truth is that they are terrible (ok maybe not that bad) .... But the champion is so strong she kills my highest pokemon in shot of a ice beam and then kills my other pokemon with her stuoid dragon thing ...

I have a choice though , lose and trian my pokemon up with the addition of a strong pokemon that knows ice beam :D or give up on it and play a different game :(:O .... My pokemon are

Torterra level 60
Tentacraul level 49
Houndoom level 52
Giratina level 47
Luxray level 48
Uxie level 50

If anyone can give me advice please say !!! :):):cool::D

Meg

I don't play pokemon, but i think i can still help you. DON'T GIVE UP! Maybe take a break for awhile, but keep trying. Sometimes when I think a game is to hard I stop playing for a few days. When I go back to it I usually notice/discover something I didn't before.

Keaton

Premium
Need held items and movesets for a decent rate ;)

This format is preferred :D

name@held item
nature/ability
EV spread (if applies)
-move 1
-move 2
-move 3
-move 4

At a glance though, I'd say you need to stop relying as heavily on Giratina ;) Although very cool, shes your staple atm, and you;d be better replacing her for a better poke for the situation or power-levelling closer to 70 (or a straight 60-65)

Keaton

Premium
Cynthia's Team said:
Spiritomb: level 58 Ghost/Dark type, uses Dark Pulse, Psychic, Silver Wind, and Shadow Pulse
Roserade: level 58 Grass/Poison type, uses Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Toxic, and Extrasensory
Togekiss: level 60 Normal/Flying type, uses Air SLash, Aura Sphere, Water Pulse, and Shockwave
Lucario: level 60 Fighting/Steel type, uses Aura Sphere, Extremespeed, Shadow Ball, and Stone Edge
Milotic: level 58 Water type, uses Surf, Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, and Dragon Pulse
Garchomp: level 62 Dragon/Ground type, uses Dragon Rush, Earthquake, Flamethrower, and Giga Impact

What you will see in Cynthias team is that she has a massve Electr/Ice Weak. Garchomp, which is actually concidered uber, will tear through any team with ease if allowed to. But, being a Ground/Dragon type means he has a MASSSSIVE weak to Ice.

Togekiss and Roserade also share an Ice weakness (although not as potent).
Your Tentacruel should be more than capable of killing these foes off.

Tentacruel@Black Sludge(Sitrus Berry...if you don't have Black Sludge)
Modest (+Spatk -atk)//Clear Body
164 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 94 Def (if you can be bothered to EV train)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes/Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off (or filler, thought Knock Off is VERY useful)

Spiritomb has no weakness, so you'll need to simply use full-force to pummel that little Ghost. A good starter is to use someone whom has Earthquake, such as your Torterra, if you have Swords Dance on him allow him to use it twice and then use Earthquake/Wood Hammer (or breed for Seed Bomb) and you'll kill off Spiritomb quickly enough.

Lucario is a simalar enemy, Earthquake will send him off in a single hit too so, if you've already got the Swords Boost on Torterra he won't be a problem.

Since you have Luxray, you can easily defend against possible frailties.

Luxray@Expert Belt
Hasty (+spe -spdef)//intimidate
- Discharge
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

Discharge should put down both Togekiss and Milotic, if not, use someone whom can resist Milos charms (a Steel type would be perfect...such as Bronzong) and just wear her down with Toxic.

Hope that helps...any problems let me know...or, REPOST YOUR TEAM in FULL >.< :p

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Keaton;185082 said:
What you will see in Cynthias team is that she has a massve Electr/Ice Weak. Garchomp, which is actually concidered uber, will tear through any team with ease if allowed to. But, being a Ground/Dragon type means he has a MASSSSIVE weak to Ice.

Togekiss and Roserade also share an Ice weakness (although not as potent).
Your Tentacruel should be more than capable of killing these foes off.

Tentacruel@Black Sludge(Sitrus Berry...if you don't have Black Sludge)
Modest (+Spatk -atk)//Clear Body
164 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 94 Def (if you can be bothered to EV train)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes/Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off (or filler, thought Knock Off is VERY useful)

Spiritomb has no weakness, so you'll need to simply use full-force to pummel that little Ghost. A good starter is to use someone whom has Earthquake, such as your Torterra, if you have Swords Dance on him allow him to use it twice and then use Earthquake/Wood Hammer (or breed for Seed Bomb) and you'll kill off Spiritomb quickly enough.

Lucario is a simalar enemy, Earthquake will send him off in a single hit too so, if you've already got the Swords Boost on Torterra he won't be a problem.

Since you have Luxray, you can easily defend against possible frailties.

Luxray@Expert Belt
Hasty (+spe -spdef)//intimidate
- Discharge
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

Discharge should put down both Togekiss and Milotic, if not, use someone whom can resist Milos charms (a Steel type would be perfect...such as Bronzong) and just wear her down with Toxic.

Hope that helps...any problems let me know...or, REPOST YOUR TEAM in FULL >.< :p

OMG thank you for that .... i have found a website that gives me all the info that i need to know http://www.serebii.net it gives you when pokemon evolve and what moves they learn along the way .. And i will post my team up with all the moves they know shortly !! :D thanks !!

Keaton

Premium
Damien;185160 said:
OMG thank you for that .... i have found a website that gives me all the info that i need to know http://www.serebii.net it gives you when pokemon evolve and what moves they learn along the way .. And i will post my team up with all the moves they know shortly !! :D thanks !!

Serebii is a great site, I'm already a long time user of both the site and its forums.

Although, keep away from the Competitve Rate section in the forums, they're very trollish and will tear your team apart ^_o

They're not nice like me lol

How did you get on against Cynthia?

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Its going ok (i think) i found ice beam and i made Tentacruel learn it and thats level 50 .... the only problem is that the psychic pokemon kick my ass and it took me many revives to kill them .... its annoying .. but i wont give up as this as i have won all pokemon games before and i not gonna let some stupid computer beat me :D

Keaton

Premium
Giratina and Houndoom should EASILY fend off those Psychic Pokes.

Houndoom takes down Bronzong with Flamethrower, and other non-steel types with Dark Pulse.

Giratina uses Shadow Ball/Claw, plus don't forget Azelf/Uxie(and the other elf) can also learn Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse.

If you post up your team and list out any pokes you have trouble with I'll try my best to help.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Its ok now keaton .. i finally destroyed the cows pokemon :D thanks for the hard work and advice u gave !! Rep if i could !!

Top Bottom