• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quick DMC questions

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Lol now my question is hair (In the original series) were Dante and Vergil both born with the white hair? And is the demon form spardas "true form" or what? I'm sorry for all the questions im just really interested in the story and everything.
Yeah, a prequel game with Sparda would be nice. Personally though, I would prefer a game with Vergil over anything else.

And yes, the twins were born with white hair. The demon form was Sparda's form before he transformed himself into a human. I think he picked that image because it was probably considered to be the most appealing to the majority of... homo sapiens. *sigh*

Vanity -- my favorite sin.

IncarnatedDemon

Devil trigger is gameplay term for demon form. When you transform into a demon, you've basically awakened majority of your demonic power.

As for Sparda game...your not only one to suggest that. Many have suggested it.

Blade8513

Yes. Since he managed to defeat Mundus, I think he could beat them both in a fight (even at the same time, if need be).

I am in no way trying to argue or disagree with what you are saying because I am obviously not knowledgeable about the original series yet, I just have a few questions. Didn't Dante also defeat mundus or did he require Vergil's help like in the reboot? My next question is in the original are Dante and Vergil demon/angel or demon/human? Also do the hybrids (have the potential to be) more powerful (All around powerful not just physically) than a full blooded demon like sparda. Also I might be wrong but didn't sparda die in the original series at some point?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Didn't Dante also defeat mundus or did he require Vergil's help like in the reboot? Also I might be wrong but didn't sparda die in the original series at some point?
1. Dante needed Trish's help to defeat Mundus and seal him away in the underworld again. He would not have been able to do that without her help.

2. Both Dante and Vergil are half human/half demon hybrids.

3. Sparda did indeed die, but the series never says how he died. So, it's assumed that he had just died of old age after giving up his power and transforming his "outer shell" into a human. He was "weaker" -- therefore, vulnerable to old age.

Blade8513

Devil trigger is gameplay term for demon form. When you transform into a demon, you've basically awakened majority of your demonic power.

As for Sparda game...your not only one to suggest that. Many have suggested it.

Lol oh no dude I know for a fact I am not the only one to have that idea, im sure a TON of people have thought about that way back when DMC first came out for the ps2 , I apologize if the way I worded it made it seem like I was suggesting that, that was not my intention, I was just saying I think that would be really cool.

IncarnatedDemon

If your talking about 27 year old Dante and Vergil...then yes they will be able to defeat Sparda.
But 18-20 year old twins...i dont think so.

I believe Vergil is stronger than Dante, its just that Dante becomes immensely stronger temporarily when he needs to. While Vergil's power is consistent.

IncarnatedDemon

Lol oh no dude I know for a fact I am not the only one to have that idea, im sure a TON of people have thought about that way back when DMC first came out for the ps2 , I apologize if the way I worded it made it seem like I was making suggesting that, that was not my intention, I was just saying I think that would be really cool.
Lol no, i did not interpret your post that way nor should anyone else.

I just want to let you know that it has been suggested before so you know your not alone about liking such idea.

Blade8513

1. Dante needed Trish's help to defeat Mundus and seal him away in the underworld again. He would not have been able to do that without her help.

2. Both Dante and Vergil are half human/half demon hybrids.

3. Sparda did indeed die, but the series never says how he died. So, it's assumed that he had just died of old age after giving up his power and transforming his "outer shell" into a human. He was "weaker" -- therefore, vulnerable to old age.

Oh alright man I got you , thanks for clearing that up for me, I was a little confused, I had no idea that if he gave up his power and stayed in a human like form that old age could kill him, so does that mean Dante and Vergil are also susceptible to dying from old age as well?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh alright man I got you , thanks for clearing that up for me, I was a little confused, I had no idea that if he gave up his power and stayed in a human like form that old age could kill him, so does that mean Dante and Vergil are also susceptible to dying from old age as well?
Yeah. Kobayashi said that Dante ages like a normal human, so it's more-or-less canon, in this case... at least it is, in my honest opinion. Anyway, the Sparda theory of him dying of old age is just that -- a theory. DMC1 never said that Sparda had died in battle, so I'm just going to go ahead and say "old age".

Blade8513

Lol no, i did not interpret your post that way nor should anyone else.

i just want to let you know that it has been suggested before so you know your not alone about liking such idea.

Oh alright man I just wanted to make sure you know I wasn't trying to say that in any way, shape, or form but that's nice to know, maybe one day it could possibly happen, im assuming its not very likely but I think that would be epic. Also when you said 27 year old Dante and Vergil could beat sparda do you mean individually or working together?

IncarnatedDemon

Oh alright man I just wanted to make sure you know I wasn't trying to say that in any way, shape, or form but that's nice to know, maybe one day it could possibly happen, im assuming its not very likely but I think that would be epic. Also when you said 27 year old Dante and Vergil could beat sparda do you mean individually or working together?
Together. And calm down, if you make a mistake people will understand. So dont worry...

Blade8513

Yeah. Kobayashi said that Dante ages like a normal human, so it's more-or-less canon, in this case... at least it is, in my honest opinion. Anyway, the Sparda theory of him dying of old age is just that -- a theory. DMC1 never said that Sparda had died in battle, so I'm just going to go ahead and say "old age".

Damn I was hoping old age wouldn't effect them that sucks :/ but I see, lol somebody needs to contact Hideki Kamiya and get him to tell everybody how sparda died.

IncarnatedDemon

Damn I was hoping old age wouldn't effect them that sucks :/ but I see, lol somebody needs to contact Hideki Kamiya and get him to tell everybody how sparda died.
Theoretically i don't see how Dante would be affected by old age. His tissue gets regenerated very quickly. And a being with such regeneration should age very slowly as result of having high regeneration.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Blade was also vulnerable to old age... in fact, that's where DMC1 got its "inspiration" from. Yeah, I know that Cobra manga was also an "inspiration", but Blade is a half-vampire that has all of their strengths and no weaknesses (except old age -- whereas the vampires in that universe age very slowly and aren't truly immortal), and ends up fighting a vampire god with a sword.

Nah, but I'm probably wrong. It's all just a big coincidence. (sarcasm)

Blade8513

Together. And calm down, if you make a mistake people will understand. So dont worry...

My bad man I spend a lot of time on HNHH and if you make a slight mistake at all about anything ever people blast you like crazy lmao its actually funny sometimes but that's where it comes from, im used to everybody (On HNHH) being complete asses at all times for no reason at all

IncarnatedDemon

My bad man I spend a lot of time on HNHH and if you make a slight mistake at all about anything ever people blast you like crazy lmao its actually funny sometimes but that's where it comes from, im used to everybody (On HNHH) being complete asses at all times for no reason at all
I see.

Blade8513

Blade was also vulnerable to old age... in fact, that's where DMC1 got its "inspiration" from. Yeah, I know that Cobra manga was also an "inspiration", but Blade is a half-vampire that has all of their strengths and no weaknesses (except old age -- whereas the vampires in that universe age very slowly and aren't truly immortal), and ends up fighting a vampire god with a sword.

Nah, but I'm probably wrong. It's all just a big coincidence. (sarcasm)

Yeah that's about all I know about blade is that he was a vampire/human hybrid and that he is pretty badass, but I had no idea DMC was somewhat inspired by that idea. That's cool, I saw the 3 blade movies but I don't remember them very well and I haven't checked out the comics.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
That's cool, I saw the 3 blade movies but I don't remember them very well and I haven't checked out the comics.
I only liked the first one (one of my top ten movies, actually). The second one was ok. The third one was really bad, but I actually enjoyed it, so there's that, at least. A lot of people didn't like Dracula in the third movie, but I thought he did an ok job. I think Dracula is allowed to be muscular once in a while.

So, any more questions? I'm gonna get going soon.

Blade8513

Well... it's kind of like that here sometimes, so be careful.

What's HNHH? I honestly have no idea as to what it could be.
I got you man, I will because no matter where you go there are always those people that just have to be pricks for no reason at all, and then the trolls lmfao but the trolls on HNHH are actually funny sometimes, and HNHH is just short for HotNewHipHop, its a cool site and most of the regular users are cool but some of them are just ridiculous, for example if I make a comment saying " Yeah man Tupac is definitely the G.O.A.T in my opinion, Eminem is great and all to but he isn't in my top 5 when it comes to the best rappers ever" (Excuse my language) but you will get like 7 comments back saying something along the lines of " You used the wrong to its TOO what are you a ****ing retard go back to school dumbass **** and if you don't think Em is the best to ever do it your just a dickriding faggot that that doesn't know hip-hop get the **** off this site bitch" Lmfao it gets intense over there.

Top Bottom